College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And here we go:

BZiOCIlIAAIqwf8.jpg

(bigger)

It's seems that everyone is now trying to prove they're more supportive of breast cancer awareness than everybody else. First it's the little pink ribbon decal on the back of the helmet, then it's pink shoes and gloves, then pink helmets, then entire pink uniforms. We get it! You support breast cancer awareness and research. Here's a better idea: wear your regular uniforms, bring survivors out on the field at halftime to be recognized, present a check to a local organization supporting breast cancer research and move on.

So the whole UGA Blackout/Black Uni debate/debacle is happening again. Apparently Murray has been calling for a blackout since right after the Auburn game was over. Hearing the same lines as 2008, "You can't get a full set of uniforms in one week." Crowd will probably be blacked out and who knows what the dawgs will end up wearing.

[side note, I personally think the whole can't get a set of uniforms made in a week is BS. Nike could/would push out the design to the manufacturers in time for it to be done. Not like we're talking a new design or anything, just make it on a black jersey.]

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

It's seems that everyone is now trying to prove they're more supportive of breast cancer awareness than everybody else. First it's the little pink ribbon decal on the back of the helmet, then it's pink shoes and gloves, then pink helmets, then entire pink uniforms. We get it! You support breast cancer awareness and research. Here's a better idea: wear your regular uniforms, bring survivors out on the field at halftime to be recognized, present a check to a local organization supporting breast cancer research and move on.

We can't be wearing actual school colors for football or basketball games. That would make too much sense for the dumbasses at Under Armour.

All Under Armour is in business for is to shock and awe and try and show they aren't the little kid on the Nike/Adidas block.

Toledo ought to be ashamed for how ridiculous they look. And save me the "breast cancer" good cause stuff. We all know what's going on and its all about self-promotion "look at me" try and get noticed for whatever inane reason you can come up with.

Northwestern looked like total clowns this past weekend and Toledo does tonight. Great cause or not.

Toledo looking a lot like the Lamar Cardinals, which is actually the Hawai'i template. I guess LU liked their visit to the islands so much last season they took their uniforms.

img23652104.jpg

628x471.jpg

I swear that was Louisville at first...

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

And here we go:

BZiOCIlIAAIqwf8.jpg

(bigger)

But why use the school's money to write this check when you can auction these uniforms off for a nice chunk of change to (help) do so?

Makes sense to me. Most people seemed to like them tonight at the game, so mission accomplished.

The trend will continue, don't anybody hold your breath.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I really don't like the pants stripe Under Armour is putting on the back of pants. The same stripe pattern they're using would look good on the side of the pants, in the normal place.

I'm with you there. What Under Armour and Nike have done with stripes going to the back of the pants really irks me.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

I really don't like the pants stripe Under Armour is putting on the back of pants. The same stripe pattern they're using would look good on the side of the pants, in the normal place.

I'm with you there. What Under Armour and Nike have done with stripes going to the back of the pants really irks me.

Yeah but at least Nike's stripes start on the side, UA just has glorified ass-stripes

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Toledo looks so ugly, the city should be embarrassed for letting those unis on the football field.

hi-res-7895352_crop_north.jpg?w=650&h=43

Well you must be pro-cancer then.

I'm not pro-cancer but this is just too much pink in a football uniform. I don't mind if they wear pink equipment (gloves, decals, etc.) but it is going too far.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Yeah but at least Nike's stripes start on the side, UA just has glorified ass-stripes

Oddly enough though, some of the early football pants featured the stripes on hte back of the legs. It's a nice nod in some ways. The addition of hte different color palettes doesn't help support that though.

Archived