College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of my biggest uniform pet peeves is when a team wears an "alternate" uniform that actually is a team color of the team they are playing against. Black actually is part of the OSU color scheme. In basketball I saw that Memphis wore their black alts against OSU the other night as well. Are they just trying to blend in?

Now I'm sure Baylor is actually trying to look bad.

#helmetmaynotbewhatyouthink

BZrznvSCUAAyBVP.jpg

Wonder what helmet they'll go with. The only one I can see looking decent would be the white one. Possibly matte black just to go with the rest of the set as well.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Now I'm sure Baylor is actually trying to look bad.

#helmetmaynotbewhatyouthink

BZrznvSCUAAyBVP.jpg

Wonder what helmet they'll go with. The only one I can see looking decent would be the white one. Possibly matte black just to go with the rest of the set as well.

I bet it's the brass one.

I hate that UCF is allowed to wear these beige shirts at home. The road team should be allowed to wear dark shirts.

me too, from the far away shots its hard to tell who is who..cant imagine being in the stands...

what happened to those alternate helmets they were supposed to wear or did they scrap them since they have played so well?

Rumor is that we'll be in all black for the USF game. But I do miss seeing the black shirts, especially since the last 2 homes games the visitor has been in white/white/white.

One of my biggest uniform pet peeves is when a team wears an "alternate" uniform that actually is a team color of the team they are playing against. Black actually is part of the OSU color scheme. In basketball I saw that Memphis wore their black alts against OSU the other night as well. Are they just trying to blend in?

That's been a problem ever since Oregon started wearing black despite it being a color of their in-state rival.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Memphis started wearing black years ago.

That's been a problem ever since Oregon started wearing black despite it being a color of their in-state rival.

All you do is talk about Oregon though

I am with the guys above. I can not STAND when teams were alt uniforms that are the colors of the opposing team. Perfect example off the top of my head quick is last week or so the Bucks wore their red alts down in Miami against the Heat. Why on earth wouldn't they wear their green to set themselves apart, but instead they wear the color of the opposing team and blend in. This happens quite often I feel in all sports.

The Oregon wearing black thing is different though because they don't wear black vs Oregon St.

The Oregon wearing black thing is different though because they don't wear black vs Oregon St.

Close enough:

107329386_display_image.jpg?1297613574

ducks_wk12.jpg

Especially when it should look like this:

93841432_display_image.jpg?1298923991

Or at the very least like this:

Oregon+v+Oregon+State+H2MpGOQzSUYl.jpg

But thank all that is holy that we are far removed from... gulp... this:

ncf_a_oregoninlts_300.jpg

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Sounds like Kevin.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Close enough:

ducks_wk12.jpg

Last time I checked Grey/Silver wasn't an Oregon State color, but I see your point. They should be wearing gold/green

and for those who will say the same about Oregon it practically is an Oregon color. They've owned it before anyone practically. They made it cool

Sounds like Kevin.

You weren't here for ANY of that...

How the :censored: would you know?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

and for those who will say the same about Oregon it practically is an Oregon color. They've owned it before anyone practically. They made it cool

SO FALSE, but thanks for buying into the Nike narrative (actually, I don't even think Nike would claim that...). Northwestern went BFBS 20 years ago, I'm sure other schools and pro teams did it before then too. BFBS predates Oregon. Oregon didn't make BFBS cool, they jumped on a bandwaggon.

And bfbs is beside the original point, the original point was that if you're a traditionally blue school (memphis) that has a black uni (bfbs or whatever you want to justify it as, an alternate?) why would you wear that at a school that has that color in their color scheme traditionally (osu)?

Like if Tennessee BB had a black uni, they wouldn't wear it AT Vanderbilt, Ya know?

Sounds like Kevin.

I've lurked alot longer than you think. I wasn't "there" when he got banned, but I've seen it mentioned in quite a few forums.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Sounds like Kevin.

The technical term for that is "I so desperately want to fit in around here that I'll drop references I know nothing about in the hope that it will make people like me more." Or something like that. B)

BB52Big.jpg

Sounds like Kevin.

The technical term for that is "I so desperately want to fit in around here that I'll drop references I know nothing about in the hope that it will make people like me more." Or something like that. B)

YEAH! And if you weren't alive in the late '60s, you can't be a fan of the Beetles!!

Come on now, we all lurked for a while before we joined - some longer than others. Don't hate just because someone's join date is "too new".

Close enough:

ducks_wk12.jpg

Last time I checked Grey/Silver wasn't an Oregon State color, but I see your point. They should be wearing gold/green

No Hawaii started that look several years earlier.

Archived