College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

One of my biggest uniform pet peeves is when a team wears an "alternate" uniform that actually is a team color of the team they are playing against. Black actually is part of the OSU color scheme. In basketball I saw that Memphis wore their black alts against OSU the other night as well. Are they just trying to blend in?

That's been a problem ever since Oregon started wearing black despite it being a color of their in-state rival.
All you do is talk about Oregon though

Sounds like Kevin.

You weren't here for ANY of that...

How the :censored: would you know?

The technical term for that is "I so desperately want to fit in around here that I'll drop references I know nothing about in the hope that it will make people like me more." Or something like that. B)

Get a room you two.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of my biggest uniform pet peeves is when a team wears an "alternate" uniform that actually is a team color of the team they are playing against. Black actually is part of the OSU color scheme. In basketball I saw that Memphis wore their black alts against OSU the other night as well. Are they just trying to blend in?

That's been a problem ever since Oregon started wearing black despite it being a color of their in-state rival.

Sounds like Kevin.

The technical term for that is "I so desperately want to fit in around here that I'll drop references I know nothing about in the hope that it will make people like me more." Or something like that. B)

Get a room you two.

Because that makes perfect sense

StLouisCardinals.png

CowboysClassic_zpsb3d9923d.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

Sounds like Kevin.

Get a room you two.

Because that makes perfect sense

Obviously. Losing an argument? Imply the two people beating you at said argument are gay! Classy move.

Anyway that's not why I stopped by. I just did to see if NCAA football uniform aesthetics are still a dumpster fire. They are. This disappoints me.

Sounds like Kevin.

Get a room you two.

Get a better joke.

spacer.png

Anyway that's not why I stopped by. I just did to see if NCAA football uniform aesthetics are still a dumpster fire. They are. This disappoints me.

Please don't use that phrase. By associating it with college football aesthetics, you give good dumpster fires everywhere a bad name.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Sounds like Kevin.

YEAH! And if you weren't alive in the late '60s, you can't be a fan of the Beetles!!

Come on now, we all lurked for a while before we joined - some longer than others. Don't hate just because someone's join date is "too new".

It's pretty obvious that you don't spend much time in SiG or the Lounge. If you did, you'd better understand where my esteemed colleague and I are coming from with regard to Mr. Scruggy.

BB52Big.jpg

Actually it used to be just a dumpster fire. Now it's more like a porta-potty fire. And I honestly think it's going to get worse.

Edit- Weird... somehow that quote went from Infrared to Ice Cap... no idea how. By the way, Cap... I like the new sig.

The funny thing about the argument against adding black, silver, pink or whatever color is that we forget that it's the universities that determine what their colors are. W al know Penn State wore pink, yet did anyone complain about them changing colors and cry, That's blue for blue sake"? As much as we think what should be and what we think school colors are, the schools can change and add or subtract as they want. I think we have some people who can't handle change on this board.

and for those who will say the same about Oregon it practically is an Oregon color. They've owned it before anyone practically. They made it cool

SO FALSE, but thanks for buying into the Nike narrative (actually, I don't even think Nike would claim that...). Northwestern went BFBS 20 years ago, I'm sure other schools and pro teams did it before then too. BFBS predates Oregon. Oregon didn't make BFBS cool, they jumped on a bandwaggon.
Calm down tracker boy, I didn't even bring up BFBS. I was talking about gray/carbon fiber that Oregon was wearing in that picture. And your welcome for buying into the Nike narrative. If anyone thinks Oregons only colors now a days are green and gold they are crazy. Every sport wears black and grey and dark green and light green. I'd say black and grey are as close to official athletic colors or Oregon as you can get.

And I wouldn't call Northwestern BFBS because black is a school color.

The Oregon wearing black thing is different though because they don't wear black vs Oregon St.

Close enough:

107329386_display_image.jpg?1297613574

ducks_wk12.jpg

Especially when it should look like this:

93841432_display_image.jpg?1298923991

Or at the very least like this:

Oregon+v+Oregon+State+H2MpGOQzSUYl.jpg

But thank all that is holy that we are far removed from... gulp... this:

ncf_a_oregoninlts_300.jpg

I agree. I like a team wearing their traditional colors when they play a long-time rival.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Actually it used to be just a dumpster fire. Now it's more like a porta-potty fire. And I honestly think it's going to get worse.

Edit- Weird... somehow that quote went from Infrared to Ice Cap... no idea how. By the way, Cap... I like the new sig.

I think you mean 'red :D I haven't changed my sig.

Good hell, how many different templates has Texas Tech worn this year? Even Oregon seems to do a better job at adhering to the same one.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Good hell, how many different templates has Texas Tech worn this year? Even Oregon seems to do a better job at adhering to the same one.

All Under Armour teams use the same generic pattern for their "specialty" uniforms. It's not a bad look though.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived