College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

Today's UNC uniforms are top 5 combo worn by any team in 2013.

I wish the whole country could see them. Unique, vibrant, and easily identifiable for the school. And this is coming from someone who was upset with the conversion to black for the Heels.

10/10

lol

Also, who has the board established as the trendsetters for gray jerseys?

West Virginia?

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish the whole country could see them. Unique, vibrant, and easily identifiable for the school. And this is coming from someone who was upset with the conversion to black for the Heels.

10/10

lol

How about WAZZU? They have two of them.

10/10

lol

How about WAZZU? They have two of them.

except grey is a school color

What's the deal with all the SEC teams wearing gray/anthracite? A&M, Mizzou, Tennessee, and Arkansas all have one. South Carolina and Ole Miss both had one last year.

Just the flavor of the week. I will say Ole Miss had an awesome gray set since it matched the same shade of gray as the pants.

I always understand the appreciation for our military, breast cancer awareness, etc. But I really wish the NCAA would finally put a stop to the madness already. Put a limit on schools to use their school colors only, maybe even the number of alternate helmets/jerseys you can have per year. I'm know I'm not the first to say something, but it's just getting absurd.

Its way past absurd. And I am far from the typical stodgy, "everything used to look better 30 years ago" CC uniform dork. I am very progressive and like to see teams mix-and-match and not be so set-in-stone with how they look.

But lets put a limit on this. Here is what you do...you get 4 jerseys MAX to wear for the season. Pick your 4 jerseys (and many teams will be happy with only having 2) and wear them how you please. You want to have 2 normal looking jerseys and one pink one for the ladies and one camo one for the dudes, then that's your 4. You can wear as many different pairs of pants that you like. You get 2 helmets you can wear during the year. TWO. Not 102 like some of these teams seem to have (one for each day of the season???). Pick your 2 helmets and that's all you get.

The NCAA is big business just like the NFL is. All of these concussion lawsuits and whining is going to make helmet rules pretty standard soon for football teams at all levels. You aren't going to get to keep changing helmets all the time, like some of these colleges do.

I wonder just how some of these athletic departments afford all of these different helmets and equipment. Helmets aren't cheap. Talk about a complete waste of money. Does Baylor really need 5 different helmets? Do they really need one helmet for 80 players that they will wear once all year?

10/10

Washington State?

I'm at the point where i don't mind BFBS as much as i used to, but if you're gonna do it, do it once, don't mix and match like Baylor is tonight.

OK St looks great.

Oklahoma State looks great, probably the best set from them in awhile (IMO)

Baylor looks atrocious.

I agree. This is why I'm usually wary of BFBS looks--too often, the helmets and pants muddy up and water down a unique color scheme (see: Arizona State, Boise State).

That said, Baylor's regular uniform set is nothing to write home about and would look better if they stayed with their traditional shade of Gold (Yellow).

OK State needs helmet stripes on all their helmets. Do they still have their Gray helmets, BTW?

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Baylor looks atrocious.

I agree. This is why I'm usually wary of BFBS looks--too often, the helmets and pants muddy up and water down a unique color scheme (see: Arizona State, Boise State).

That said, Baylor's regular uniform set is nothing to write home about and would look better if they stayed with their traditional shade of Gold (Yellow).

OK State needs helmet stripes on all their helmets. Do they still have their Gray helmets, BTW?

the gold they wear is their traditional color for football, i wish they had their normal gold helmets, not the chrome ones though

Baylor looks atrocious.

My understanding was the original gray helmet was retired to be "fixed." I personally didn't see an issue with it and thought it looked good with the team colors. We haven't seen a gray helmet at all this season. Last year they had the carbon gray helmet but we haven't seen that either this season. The original gray helmet was last seen against Kansas State in 2011. The players have been picking the uniform combinations for the last few few years, so unless the gray helmet is not popular with the team, it is no longer an option.

I personally thought the original gray helmets looked fantastic with the uniforms. It helps tone down the "Halloween" color-way.

Justin+Blackmon+Kansas+State+v+Oklahoma+

img15635927.jpg

blackmonx-extralarge.jpg

And the carbon helmet:

oklahoma-state-cowboys-new-carbon-footba

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

My favorite OSU combo is definitely the Gray-Black-Gray. Great execution. Not bad at all, I would Wazzu was probably the "pioneer" of the GFGS. It's kind of like a next-best thing when BFBS wouldn't work (see Ole Miss).

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I always understand the appreciation for our military, breast cancer awareness, etc. But I really wish the NCAA would finally put a stop to the madness already. Put a limit on schools to use their school colors only, maybe even the number of alternate helmets/jerseys you can have per year. I'm know I'm not the first to say something, but it's just getting absurd.

Its way past absurd. And I am far from the typical stodgy, "everything used to look better 30 years ago" CC uniform dork. I am very progressive and like to see teams mix-and-match and not be so set-in-stone with how they look.

But lets put a limit on this. Here is what you do...you get 4 jerseys MAX to wear for the season. Pick your 4 jerseys (and many teams will be happy with only having 2) and wear them how you please. You want to have 2 normal looking jerseys and one pink one for the ladies and one camo one for the dudes, then that's your 4. You can wear as many different pairs of pants that you like. You get 2 helmets you can wear during the year. TWO. Not 102 like some of these teams seem to have (one for each day of the season???). Pick your 2 helmets and that's all you get.

The NCAA is big business just like the NFL is. All of these concussion lawsuits and whining is going to make helmet rules pretty standard soon for football teams at all levels. You aren't going to get to keep changing helmets all the time, like some of these colleges do.

I wonder just how some of these athletic departments afford all of these different helmets and equipment. Helmets aren't cheap. Talk about a complete waste of money. Does Baylor really need 5 different helmets? Do they really need one helmet for 80 players that they will wear once all year?

You want to have 2 normal looking jerseys and one pink one for the ladies and one camo one for the dudes, then that's your 4

No, there needs to be rule against that too. Pink and Camo accessories are perfectly fine, but Toldeo showed us why pink is evil on the uniforms, and unless you are the Army Black Knights, Camo shouldn't be on your uniform either. With 4 possible uniforms, you should have 4 team colored uniforms. LIke lets say Georgia is getting new uniforms, they get a red and silver helmet, red,white,black,and silver jerseys, and respective pants. If they get nominated for a Pro Combat set, they can wear it for the one game and if the players like it enough to keep it, they replace one of their current sets.

Simple right?

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived