College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arizona's uniforms are awful!

I believe this was the ugliest game of the day:

Arizona+-+4.PNG

Navy or White helmet would've made it a beauty...

Navy helmet with navy pants or a white helmet and pants combo. I love monochrome uniforms, but this looks like :censored:.

spacer.png

is the helmet pattern suppose to match the pattern on adidas jerseys. If so the designers at adidas need to jump off a cliff

The helmet pattern wasn't even visible on TV. I'm wondering if they decided to tone down the pattern after the initial mockup. The pattern is razorwire which makes since for A&M considering the relation between barbed wire and farming. Wasn't a fan of the grey though.

So I'm flipping channels and come across a replay of the BC-Maryland game and I see that Maryland is wearing all black. What grabs my attention is the fact that Marylands numbers are black with a yellow outline on a black jersey. Isn't this a clear violation of the jersey rules for 2013 that the numbers can't be the same color as the jersey? And if so, what's the penalty? If it's just a 15 yard penalty at the beginning of the game, then I think the NCAA needs to rethink that and make it a 15 yard penalty each series if they continue to wear the jersey or the team can go back in and change the jerseys.

I love this helmet:

1.PNG

The helmet stripe really bothers me. The traditional stripes just don't mesh with the more modern/sharp stripes on the jersey and pants.

Agreed. Would love to see that stripe (somehow) incorporated on the helmet if possible.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Georgia state wore black helmets, white jerseys, and gray paints. Wondering if that's a new combo for them. Wasn't too bad but I kinda wish they wore black pants with the helmet though.

Helmets were the dark gray as well (somewhat reminiscent of what Arkansas wore against Miss St). Seemed like an odd thing to wear against the home team wearing black helmets and pants. Not as bad as when Southwestern Louisiana-Lafayette wore black helmets and black pants against Arkansas State wearing all-black a couple of years ago.

Georgia state wore black helmets, white jerseys, and gray paints. Wondering if that's a new combo for them. Wasn't too bad but I kinda wish they wore black pants with the helmet though.

Helmets were the dark gray as well (somewhat reminiscent of what Arkansas wore against Miss St). Seemed like an odd thing to wear against the home team wearing black helmets and pants. Not as bad as when Southwestern Louisiana-Lafayette wore black helmets and black pants against Arkansas State wearing all-black a couple of years ago.

As a State student, I LOVE our new uniforms

MABPQGMZCBIRFEW.20131124001841.jpg

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Today's UNC uniforms are top 5 combo worn by any team in 2013.

I wish the whole country could see them. Unique, vibrant, and easily identifiable for the school. And this is coming from someone who was upset with the conversion to black for the Heels.

10/10

lol

Also, who has the board established as the trendsetters for gray jerseys?

West Virginia?

Definitely not.

123697798_display_image.jpg

Oregon had anthracite home and away uniforms made for their bowl game (which happened to be the NCG) following the 2010 season. They ended up being the away team and wearing white and then using the home version vs. LSU to open the 2011 season.

Nike gave several teams anthracite uniforms prior to the 2012 season (TCU, WVU, Arky, Mizzou off the top of my head).

I think GFGS started in MBB, but I believe AFAS started with Oregon at the end of the 2010 season.

Baylor-Oklahoma State has been ugly for a while now...

w300-fefbed1c28731c313a58e677186981c5.jp

5137b9ea4d80f.image.jpg

2012-12-1-ncaa-uniforms-oklahoma-state-2

But, man, 2013 was the absolute worst. An team that should be wearing White/Orange/White wearing White/black/White and a Green/Gold team wearing Black/White (w/ tan)/Black.

639-lwnZT.AuSt.55.jpeg

628x471.jpg

r620-n_b521e7e216e3a990e795e1ff723016c9.

420105.jpg

Archived