GriffinM6

College Football 2013 Season

Oregon pisses me off so bad! I mean they could have wore their best uniform set of the season if they only wore either of these helmets (Kelly Green or Yellow) but no they choose to go dark green and it makes the whole set look like :censored:. In addition, Oregon State looks like :censored: as well in their all-orange and I wish someone one tell me why college teams feel the need to wear numbers on the helmets when you cannot even see them from a distance. Finally, to end my rant, I am gonna go out on a short limb and say this is going to be ugliest uni-game this weekend.

BTW: Who else is with me in wanting the NCAA to reform its transitional policies (specifically, no bowl ban for any transitioning FCS-FBS team, and a reduction to two years for any transitioning D2-D1 team)

I agree. There's no reason to not allow a team into the post season. Either make them 1A or 1AA and let them compete. Conferences shouldn't be allowed to freeze out teams either.

Would it kill you guys to post some pics? In case you don't want to burn your retinas and keep your sanity, don't click the button.

USATSI_7587221_crop_north.jpg?w=340&h=23hi-res-7936982_crop_north.jpg?w=340&h=23

Blown opportunity on both sides for a great matchup.

BTW: Who else is with me in wanting the NCAA to reform its transitional policies (specifically, no bowl ban for any transitioning FCS-FBS team, and a reduction to two years for any transitioning D2-D1 team)

I agree. There's no reason to not allow a team into the post season. Either make them 1A or 1AA and let them compete. Conferences shouldn't be allowed to freeze out teams either.

Just a part of a long list of reforms that the NCAA needs to make. Can someone explain to me the NCAA's rationale for that rule? I'm assuming it is some sort of initiation thing (which is dumb, if a team is good enough, they should be rewarded no matter how long they've been FBS).

Oregon pisses me off so bad! I mean they could have wore their best uniform set of the season if they only wore either of these helmets (Kelly Green or Yellow) but no they choose to go dark green and it makes the whole set look like :censored:. In addition, Oregon State looks like :censored: as well in their all-orange and I wish someone one tell me why college teams feel the need to wear numbers on the helmets when you cannot even see them from a distance. Finally, to end my rant, I am gonna go out on a short limb and say this is going to be ugliest uni-game this weekend.

I dunno, ASU has already said they'll be wearing white black black, and I've heard rumors that U of A is going to wear all red.

UCF's helmets look terrible, maybe because of the uni combo but I think those things look awful.

I dunno, ASU has already said they'll be wearing white black black, and I've heard rumors that U of A is going to wear all red.

UofA is reportedly going Copper/White/White.

So yay tradition.....

So yay tradition.....

Eww even worse!

Was this really too much to ask for?

null_zps3084eac7.jpg

Although, I do like out current shade of maroon MUCH better.

Southern unveils new uniforms for today's Bayou Classic on NBC...

Not camo pattern numbers but, jaguar spots?? Huh???

1459315_642325342487111_1489445271_n_zps

Personally, I think this needs to be the last straw for HBCUs using Russell Athletic for all sports.

The templates and designs are garish, amateur, uninspired, and flat out ugly. Even the fans are complaining about it, especially for football at FAMU. Why in the world would the front of your pants be orange and the back is green??.....

......As I digress, as a student of and a fan of HBCUs, more schools should go with more classic designs ie. Morehouse, Southern's regular sets, Hampton versus going completely off the wall.

UCF's helmets look terrible, maybe because of the uni combo but I think those things look awful.

South%20Florida%20UCF%20Football%20.JPEG

I agree. It would have looked somewhat better if they had worn their black jerseys.

I agree. It would have looked somewhat better if they had worn their black jerseys.

Or if they could match the gold on the helmet with the jersey color.

So yay tradition.....

Eww even worse!

Was this really too much to ask for?

null_zps3084eac7.jpg

Although, I do like out current shade of maroon MUCH better.

Ugh..just wish it was white, white, blue vs Gold, maroon, gold. The sets we will get tonight looks like some cheap Halloween Power Rangers

Some of Michigan's players have a patch on left side but some don't. Anybody know the reason for this. And any other pictures of A&M

Some of Michigan's players have a patch on left side but some don't. Anybody know the reason for this. And any other pictures of A&M

does it look like this?

-41b6fb141a541787.JPG

its if a player is wearing a retired number, or a legends number. atleat i think it is

I see a lot of people always complaining about shades and matching. You people do understand that Uniforms are Fabric and Helmets are not. The light weight fabrics used today for uniforms are hard to match due to the colors being bland. If they used the Dazzle Twill as before they could give the uni's or stripes a shine to it but Dazzle Twill does not stretch as the current fabrics, so Shades esp gold are always going to be different then a helmet surface since helmets are a reflective surface and jersey fabrics are not.

does it look like this?

-41b6fb141a541787.JPG

its if a player is wearing a retired number, or a legends number. atleat i think it is

Exactly correct, just as Gallon wears 21 he has a Desmond Howard patch on his. I read an article that players got to choose a player to represent and thats why you have the odd QB number and so on with the huge patches. I think it was supposed to be for one game then the players decided to keep going with it.

does it look like this?

-41b6fb141a541787.JPG

Exactly correct, just as Gallon wears 21 he has a Desmond Howard patch on his. I read an article that players got to choose a player to represent and thats why you have the odd QB number and so on with the huge patches. I think it was supposed to be for one game then the players decided to keep going with it.

It is not/was not a decision of the players, Hoke determines who receives the numbers for the season.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2012/08/dave_brandon_lays_out_legends.html

Oregon looks fine, Oregon State looks straight out horrible!

Oregon State should have never changed their look, I felt like there were perfect they way they were

11910660-essay.jpg

And for what its worth, This match up would have been 1000x better if they had gone back to what they wore in 2011

Colt+Lyerla+Oregon+State+v+Oregon+TXj9M7

Oregon+State+v+Oregon+3N7HbuOXIYol.jpg

I see a lot of people always complaining about shades and matching. You people do understand that Uniforms are Fabric and Helmets are not. The light weight fabrics used today for uniforms are hard to match due to the colors being bland. If they used the Dazzle Twill as before they could give the uni's or stripes a shine to it but Dazzle Twill does not stretch as the current fabrics, so Shades esp gold are always going to be different then a helmet surface since helmets are a reflective surface and jersey fabrics are not.

Yes I think a good majority here understand that. But these arent even close to matching. They're two completely different shades that just fall under the gold spectrum. If they would've made the gold portion of those helmets a matte finish and a similar color to those army(not navy) helmets from last year they would come very close to the jerseys.

Lovin' the OSU white jerseys today, wouldn't mind this being our main set next year.