College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boise State has apparently made some very minor changes to their primary logo. The version with the "Boise State" wordmark is being discontinued, and the bronco's mouth has changed color.

Old:

wfkhz0mlhq7theil.jpg

New:

PrmLogo_on_wht.jpg

They've used the new logo (save for the mouth color since at least 2011): 24738XES1-2.jpg

Why would Boise State make a move like that?

yea that is odd. i prefer the white mouth. dropping the word mark happens a lot, i like that, but i wonder who was sitting there going "you know what this logo needs?. . . an orange mouth"

Exactly what I was thinking. It is strange it makes the white eye stand out like it does not belong.

My only fear is that Cal may go away from the script logo...

I can't imagine.

Nor can I. I don't expect it considering some of their hype videos show the brand identity unveiled to alumni. In the videos, the alums open a metallic case bearing the Cal script. I think it's safe to say that will stay. They might pull a Georgia and launch secondary graphics, but I fully expect the script to remain.

Most of the people I have talked to have said there is a stronger emphasis on the golden bear which is fine with me; I feel like we are one of the few teams that don't push our mascot/nickname at all

{edit}

Livestream starts broadcasting close to 3:00 Eastern, here is the link for those who want to follow along >> http://pac-12.com/live/calbears.aspx?hq_e=el&hq_m=455570&hq_l=11&hq_v=e298f0a6bb

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Archived