College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get the love for the Missouri uniforms.

The black jersey is great. The white one is okay, would be better without the contrasting yoke. The gold one is vastly overrated on here. I don't like how the striping doesn't match the others, and I really don't like the weird black triangles on the front extending from the sleeves.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

but also a lot of colleges have similar boosters, college perks, facilities, media exposure, and to a degree can have similar successes, so to some uniforms might be that difference maker for some, I'm not saying it's a good reason to have these uniforms but it is a reason

A lot of the bigger programs have great facilities but NO ONE compares to Oregon. And it's not even close.

And what have those larger facilities gotten Oregon? 0 National Championships and 5-5over the past 10 years in bowl games. Not too impressive for those uniforms and larger facilities.
They've turned a school with virtually no football history to a top 10 program every year.

They're probably the top 5 best programs in the last 5 years.

Not to mention their new facility is less than a year old so it's effects on recruiting haven't evn fully taken place yet.

They're in a better position than powers like Florida and Texas are right now...so they got something going for them..

ya id say only alabama, lsu, ohio state, and maybe texas can compete with them in terms of recruiting

Let's not forget about USC and Florida.

usc is another maybe, but florida going down hill, even kids from florida don't want to go to florida

Florida has a pretty good class lined up for 2014. Oregon's struggling, according to the recruiting sites.

Stanford? Michigan? You guys mustn't pay too much attention if you believe Oregon is one of the best recruiting teams, they generally have classes rated in the teens.
Exactly. According to scouts.com, Oregon has had one top 10 class since 2002: #9 in '07. Success came from the system they run, gimmicky or not, and athletes that fit the system. Plus, Eugene is pretty bland, even compared to other college towns. If you'd like to spend every waking moment in said facilities, then great, but who wants that?

^Oregon has done a great job of taking 2* and 3* recruits and developing them into high draft picks, that's where the facilities can really be helpful.

Their offense isn't a gimmick.

and they recruit guys that fit in their system not necessarily the best ones ranked, for oregons case that means recruiting the fastest players

I don't get the love for the Missouri uniforms.

The black jersey is great. The white one is okay, would be better without the contrasting yoke. The gold one is vastly overrated on here. I don't like how the striping doesn't match the others, and I really don't like the weird black triangles on the front extending from the sleeves.

Mizzou's yellow jerseys are great. The black and white jerseys would be vastly improved with matching striping. The only Mizzou jersey that is bad is the anthracite one.

isn't that version of mizzoo's helmet normally matte not glossy

Tonight: I perfsonally like the glossy finish better than the matte.

Cotton+Bowl+-+OSU_Missouri+-+3.PNG

Helmet wore earlier this season:

6575728.jpg

Orange White Orange for Clemson. Rivalry Grey Scarlet Grey for the :censored:eyes excuse me Buckeyes

The interesting thing about Clemson in the orange pants is that they warmed up in the white pants before kickoff:

Orange+Bowl+-+Clemson_OSU+-+1.PNGOrange+Bowl+-+Clemson_OSU+-+4.PNG

spacer.png

6575728.jpg

That gloss helmet Mizzou wore in the Cotton Bowl is just stunning and is miles better than the matte.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

6575728.jpg

That gloss helmet Mizzou wore in the Cotton Bowl is just stunning and is miles better than the matte.

Either way, phenomenal yet very modern look.

Archived