College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

new UNC tease pic

756550986.jpg

The Carolina blue, somewhat rounded-off corner of a number (I am assuming) on the right side of this picture jumps out to me. This would seem to present a few options: 1) Solid Carolina blue numerals, 2) Navy numerals outlined in Carolina blue or 3) Multiple outlines. Anywhere from 2 to, like, 12! The extrapolation of entire uniforms from such a teaser is largely speculatory, so why not, right?

An emphasis on the Carolina blue feels right, and therefore I'd like to see numerals in that color. But as good as solid Carolina on white looked on Michael Jordan, I don't know that it'd have enough contrast on the gridiron. So I will now be expecting to see navy numbers outlined in Carolina blue. However, I will be hoping for very thin Carolina blue numbers with a navy-carolina-navy-carolina mega outline.

If you look at the right shoulder of the player, you can kind of spot the shoulder numbers. To me it looks like Carolina blue. If you look just below the neck, you can see the player name is navy blue. That's fine by me, because if the name was Carolina blue, then it would be pretty much illegible.

I don't know that we can tell whether that shoulder number is Carolina or Navy with an outline. With the lighting, shadows and such, my eyes are allowing me to see it both ways. Regardless, the treatment of shoulder numbers doesn't necessarily have to match that of the front and back of the jersey. Virginia Tech of a decade ago and the current Seahawks unis come to mind as examples.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cal: I like that they did avoid the subliminal paw that Baylor uses, so instead they went with a new bear. I also like that they kept the collar design. However, I'm not too fond of the number font, as it doesn't match Cal, per se. I would like to see them use a font similar to the Cal script logo. I hate that they decided to get in the hype and add a grey alt. Never used grey before, so why now? I miss their glossy helmets; won't get use to these matte ones. Pants are not a complaint for me.

North Carolina: Nice to see a white helmet being officially introduced in the new set and not as a mid-season addition. But, I'm not sure if a care to much for the shoulder cap for UNC. I'm holding out hope for some argyle on this one, but from what I can see, it looks to be a clean update.

Anyone know when Carolina is unveiling?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

new UNC tease pic

756550986.jpg

The Carolina blue, somewhat rounded-off corner of a number (I am assuming) on the right side of this picture jumps out to me. This would seem to present a few options: 1) Solid Carolina blue numerals, 2) Navy numerals outlined in Carolina blue or 3) Multiple outlines. Anywhere from 2 to, like, 12! The extrapolation of entire uniforms from such a teaser is largely speculatory, so why not, right?

An emphasis on the Carolina blue feels right, and therefore I'd like to see numerals in that color. But as good as solid Carolina on white looked on Michael Jordan, I don't know that it'd have enough contrast on the gridiron. So I will now be expecting to see navy numbers outlined in Carolina blue. However, I will be hoping for very thin Carolina blue numbers with a navy-carolina-navy-carolina mega outline.

If you look at the right shoulder of the player, you can kind of spot the shoulder numbers. To me it looks like Carolina blue. If you look just below the neck, you can see the player name is navy blue. That's fine by me, because if the name was Carolina blue, then it would be pretty much illegible.

I don't know that we can tell whether that shoulder number is Carolina or Navy with an outline. With the lighting, shadows and such, my eyes are allowing me to see it both ways. Regardless, the treatment of shoulder numbers doesn't necessarily have to match that of the front and back of the jersey. Virginia Tech of a decade ago and the current Seahawks unis come to mind as examples.

it looks like the oversized foot on the helmet

How you figure that is beyond my comprehension. There's the notch on the lower left corner of the logo, which leads me to believe its a Carolina Blue "NC" logo. But knowing college football today, I'm betting there will be the foot logo on a helmet, but not this one

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Halftime of the Spring game on Saturday. There are apparently several sets, but won't be worn during the game, just shown at Halftime.

That endzone teaser has me thinking argyle will be used. Maybe on the sleeves, like Cal, but Nike didn't include it in the teaser photo. I just hope to god, not in the numerals...

Halftime of the Spring game on Saturday. There are apparently several sets, but won't be worn during the game, just shown at Halftime.

That endzone teaser has me thinking argyle will be used. Maybe on the sleeves, like Cal, but Nike didn't include it in the teaser photo. I just hope to god, not in the numerals...

Oh dear Jesus no.

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Click the Banner - Join the Movement!

Bannertop.jpeg

Anyone know when Carolina is unveiling?

Saturday during their spring game. The fact that the turf crew tweeted this pic is fueling speculation about the incorporation of argyle...

BHieWR2CYAANqED.jpg

That's fixin to be my favorite end zone design ever if they do it right. I love diamonds & argyle

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

Has anyone seen any real-life shots of the new UGA uniforms? Cal, Oregon State, and Baylor all had their new sets on hand and we've seen actual pictures of them. All we have so far for Georgia are the Nike shots.

They don't have the jerseys on hand yet. No word on when they will.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

I watched the video live. There is a white set, a blue set, a yellow set and a grey set. #17 on the far left is grey.

Go here to see all sets: http://images-onepic...M6E1_.jpg:large

Link doesn't work, but like I said I saw the video, I saw pics of the sets and I had seen most of it before today anyways. Just clearing up that there is in fact a grey jersey set.

Try this: https://pbs.twimg.co...M6E1_.jpg:large

No dice...

For the love of God people, am I the only one around here who knows how to post a picture?

7Ps2u8z.jpg

Lmao, 17 looks like a woman

No but some people are on their phones and can't add pictures they can only post links. Someone needs to ask chris to see if adding pictures on here from your phone will ever be an option because it needs to be.

You just have to add [ img][/ img] tags to the link of the picture and you can then post pics on your phone.

I watched the video live. There is a white set, a blue set, a yellow set and a grey set. #17 on the far left is grey.

Go here to see all sets: http://images-onepic...M6E1_.jpg:large

Link doesn't work, but like I said I saw the video, I saw pics of the sets and I had seen most of it before today anyways. Just clearing up that there is in fact a grey jersey set.

Try this: https://pbs.twimg.co...M6E1_.jpg:large

No dice...

For the love of God people, am I the only one around here who knows how to post a picture?

7Ps2u8z.jpg

Lmao, 17 looks like a woman

No but some people are on their phones and can't add pictures they can only post links. Someone needs to ask chris to see if adding pictures on here from your phone will ever be an option because it needs to be.

You just have to add [ img][/ img] tags to the link of the picture and you can then post pics on your phone.

Thanks for this information as I did not know.

spacer.png

new UNC tease pic

756550986.jpg

Seeing that the outer edge of the number on the back of the jersey is Carolina blue, my guess is navy numbers with Carolina blue outline. The only other option would be solid CB, but that would leave no navy on the unis.

I really like the UNC is bringing the argyle into their football identity, but don't love the way they incorporated it into the end zones. Putting the pattern into the individual letters makes it hard to make out both the letters and the argyle. If UNC wasn't already associated with argyle, I think it would be harder than it should to figure out what the pattern was.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived