College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ole Miss Rebels

904346_595691280441335_1608614969_o.jpg

I personally like the wordmark down the leg, mostly because it's better than nothing on them.

They should have used a red stripe to mirror the helmet. That would have been better.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Ole Miss Rebels

I personally like the wordmark down the leg, mostly because it's better than nothing on them.

They should have used a red stripe to mirror the helmet. That would have been better.

Or a red and white (or gray) stripe to match their other pants. Or better yet, only wear gray pants.

Wish they tried to have all three colors on each jersey. This looks just as cheap. Honestly, I thought their silver uniforms were the best because of the color balance

Masoli.jpg

Text pants? In a different font than the script on the jersey...

I hate today. 0-2 in uniform department with UNC and Ole Miss.

Make that gray jersey white and it's a perfect road look for Ole Miss. I really hate both this new navy and white only jersey, and the old red and white only jersey.

Am I the only one that doesn't prefer the deeper stripes Nike did with Ole Miss and LSU? They are deeper, past the armpit, but still don't loop...which honestly looks more awkward than stopping them at a more natural point around the top of the shoulder.

Totally agree. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the "step-in-the-direction," but it ends up looking just as weird. Instead of the "loop" arbitrarily stopping at the collar bone, now it arbitrarily stops at the nipple. It still misses the mark.

edit: Side note, does anyone else feel like the scale and kerning of the numbers (I guess the wordmark too) just makes them feel tiny, insignificant, and neutered? Those don't look like very empowering jerseys to sport, with those adorable lil' numbers.

I am with you both on the loops just does not work for me I prefer the way they are now

if adidas and ucla are set on using stripes on the tops, they should put them on the sleeves. putting them on the pads is pointless with that template.

But that's not true to the nature of the stripe. It's a stripe that goes over the shoulder, not a stripe that goes around the arm.

The video you posted is interesting in that he says they're working on a way to extend the stripe. So I suppose that's good news. We'll just have to see.

if adidas and ucla are set on using stripes on the tops, they should put them on the sleeves. putting them on the pads is pointless with that template.

But that's not true to the nature of the stripe. It's a stripe that goes over the shoulder, not a stripe that goes around the arm.

it would look a lot better around the arm than it currently does.

Ole Miss Rebels

I could definitely be mistaken (and it was hard to tell in the video), but doesn't the other side of those pants have traditional Ole Miss pants stripes? Or do they have 2 template of pants now, some with stripes on both sides and some with REBELS?

Nike is already working a work around. Seems silly adidas wouldn't do the same

Yeah, but Nike's new solution, while miles better than Adidas' version, still is only a step in the right direction. Nike's new shoulder loop template extends the stripes to a somewhat more presentable length, but at the cost of either pushing the numbers down the chest (Ole Miss) or making them awkwardly narrow (LSU).

The real "solution" is more material on the actual underarm area of the jersey... in other words, stop putting football players into basketball jerseys. But that logical step is still a few years away, when we get some distance from the "show off your tats" fad in football uniforms.

How ironic is it that Adidas has added sleeves to their basketball uniforms? Basketball players wearing T shirts, and football players wearing tank tops... and the companies claiming it all about performance.

Anyone heard of Georgia switching to grey facemasks?

Someone over at operation sports posted this:

ncaa-football-14-release-date-marquee.jpg

I hope this is a goof by EA. I never understand how they always manage to go in and make error-changes...like, they actually have to go in and reprogram the facemask to be grey and nobody is stopping to think, "wait? Why am I doing this?" Same thing with Bama having white facemasks for like two years, Toledo having silver road jerseys in the old ps2 games, etc.

I pray this is EA being EA and not Georgia trying to make a subtle change, because the grey facemask would be a major downgrade.

I hope this is a goof by EA. I never understand how they always manage to go in and make error-changes...like, they actually have to go in and reprogram the facemask to be grey and nobody is stopping to think, "wait? Why am I doing this?" Same thing with Bama having white facemasks for like two years, Toledo having silver road jerseys in the old ps2 games, etc.

I pray this is EA being EA and not Georgia trying to make a subtle change, because the grey facemask would be a major downgrade.

Could just be the lighting maybe... the front of the white stripe on the helmet looks gray also in the shadows.

90758391980.gif

Seeing a mockup of that, it's not really bothering me at all. I know what we've got now has been the staple look for decades now (save a few years where a black stripe was added down the middle amidst two white stripes), but this still has a classic look without straying too far from tradition. It would be one thing if the mask was a drastic change like red or black, but the gray is a minimal color adjustment and also integrates the pants color. I think I would prefer the mask stay white but gray wouldn't bother me that much.

Edit- also interesting to note that it looks like they are modeling UF's current unis as opposed to their new Speed Machine (or whatever else you call it) design with the new font.

Edit 2- another shot, still looks gray (especially compared to UF's crisp white masks). And not hating these action shots with the new font, either.

23397.jpg

I had to really dig around for this one..don't remember how old this is. Obviously the collar trim thing won't work with Nike's current much-too-thick collars, but this was my idea for UNC football a few years back.

UNCtarheels.png

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

the new shoulder loops are a push for me, it's not much better or worse then what the previous executions. but if i had to choose i'd actually take the Iowa State's version because of the alignment they have with other elements. they end at the bottom of the name on back, and have a nice end between the collar point and wordmark on the front. when tailored correctly, both ends should come down the same distance on the jersey on both sides and be paralel to the ground

James-White-iowa-state-2012-300x168.jpg

Nike seems to have pushed the stripes too far outside on the Colts and made them smaller. of the 3 (Colts, IS, Ole Miss) the Colt's current stripe execution is the only one that really bugs me

20120923_pjc_an1_305_standard_1348674921_352.jpg

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived