College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

I don't recall this coming up at all (besides the leaked recruiting shots a few months back), but UF apparently wore their new unis during the spring game. Look pretty straight forward and I don't dislike the font. I will say that it feels slightly less legible than their old uniforms, though. One thing I don't like is the new application of the number outlines. They appear thinner than before. The number outlines might have been one of my favorite quirks with UF's set. Also noticed they have the new template with the mesh material next to the swoosh and Gator logo. Appears they have gone sans Flywire. I have seen a few shots of the orange unis where the under arms, chest, and back mesh panels look REALLY bad and almost look red in color. Last note, one thing missing from the jersey is the SEC circle logo at the neckline but that should return by fall.

75251223.jpg

75251209.jpg

75251265.jpg <---look at that RED chest!!!

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michigan, why you Oregon State your qb's for the spring game? :suspect::therock::oops:

27126_10151414322684022_1428524808_n.jpg

Michigan took the numbers off and replaced them with standard block navy numbers. Helps them look more generic but they still stand out a bit.

devgard.jpeg?w=512&h=382

Based on this picture, I'd say that they have now gotten their own orange jerseys from Adidas. According to this story they were only using the Oregon State tops until Adidas could get them their own. It is also interesting that they are doing all of this to avoid wearing any red, due to the OSU rivalry. I like that.

No its still the Oregon state one see the small stripe on the newish looking one its on the other one too.

The one used in the game is definitely an Adidas version, the cuff stripes aren't even the same.

lol good catch totally didn't see that the 2 were different I swear the first time I saw I thought it was the same.

I'm pretty sure adidas or their supplier (ripon?) sent a blank bears orange jersey as the cuff stripe is identical to the bottom stripe of the old reebok on field

http://www.uni-watch...ring-Game-3.png

I don't understand the hatred for the new UNC uniforms. Navy blue was never one of their original colors and actually made the carolina blue look worse (same issue the Titans and Dolphins have when using 2 colors of different tones). The Seahawks had the same issue with their unifroms prior to the current change. At least black makes the carolina blue and white pop out more and black is a more proper color for "tar heels" or what was originally called "tar boilers". The Tar Pit concept is fun and the fans will eat this up. Obviously the players already love it and so will potential recruits. This is a brillant move by UNC and NIke for trying to put a focus on a football program that has zero tradition and is greatly overshadowed by their basketball program. Plus, the uniforms look really REALLY good.

I don't understand the hatred for the new UNC uniforms. Navy blue was never one of their original colors and actually made the carolina blue look worse (same issue the Titans and Dolphins have when using 2 colors of different tones). The Seahawks had the same issue with their unifroms prior to the current change. At least black makes the carolina blue and white pop out more and black is a more proper color for "tar heels" or what was originally called "tar boilers". The Tar Pit concept is fun and the fans will eat this up. Obviously the players already love it and so will potential recruits. This is a brillant move by UNC and NIke for trying to put a focus on a football program that has zero tradition and is greatly overshadowed by their basketball program. Plus, the uniforms look really REALLY good.

I think the uniforms are just too stock Nike template for me to think the design is great. But my problem with the black is that I loved UNC's "lighter" sort of color set, with just a hint of navy to accent the uniforms. Black would work as the accent, but it's too heavy imo.

I think the uniforms are just too stock Nike template for me to think the design is great. But my problem with the black is that I loved UNC's "lighter" sort of color set, with just a hint of navy to accent the uniforms. Black would work as the accent, but it's too heavy imo.

I completely understand. This was one reason I hated the all-navy monchrome uniform they wore in the past. But I believe the black uniform is for only one game and that is something I can live with. I do not mind the black as the accent around the numbers and etc. To me, that portion is not too heavy. But as a whole, black is light years better than the purposeless navy blue. At least black has a history with the old tar boilers nickname given to North Carolina residents way back in the day.

Overall I think the most of the updated uniforms are improvements, except for Georgia and Florida. But the new logos are pretty bad and disappointing. The overly-jagged style of UConn and Cal already seems dated and unnecessary.

75251223.jpg

75251209.jpg

75251265.jpg <---look at that RED chest!!!

It almost seems to me that Florida's character set, if their basketball uniforms are any indication, were purposely designed to be oblique. But seeing them like this, I believe I can also now clearly see exactly how they were designed in the first place: they (Nike or whoever created the number set) started with MLB/bevel block (look at that "1"—that's the clincher), took the insides of the upper and lower horizontal bars (and in the case of the "8", center bar), cut it in half, deleted the upper/lower points of the inside counters and BAM!—custom font. Amazing how italicizing the whole set so easily hides that.

I don't mind the basketball version, but I feel if the football team wants to use them, they should go with the italicized version too, if for no better reason than the pictured versions look way too corny for my liking.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived