College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh lets calm down a bit guys. this is no where near the worst uniform we've ever seen. from the jersey up, it's tolerable. not very good, but tolerable. the pants might be the worst ive ever seen though.

That is what I was thinking, They are bad but there are worse in this thread.

oh lets calm down a bit guys. this is no where near the worst uniform we've ever seen. from the jersey up, it's tolerable. not very good, but tolerable. the pants might be the worst ive ever seen though.

I could possibly deal with the pants on this set, but the piping on jerseys are too bad for my taste. My thought is if your going to go modern, then don't use piping on the jersey that has been done before.

spacer.png

USC is switching back to black cleats next year. I assume white or black socks as well.

They are the one team that definitely looks better without colored cleats.

agree...the cardinal socks basically looked like they were faded in the wash and the colored tape over the cleats was magenta...overall bad look.

The pants alone justify all of the Russell bashing.

Like you said though, the jersey is tolerable. I could see Adidas or Under Amour designing something similar. But still the way they end the side stripe before the pants is awful. I can't imagine the jerseys were made with these pants in mind and vice versa. There's no cohesiveness. I think they probably made a bunch of jersey designs and pants designs separately and just put two together.

90758391980.gif

The pants alone justify all of the Russell bashing.

Like you said though, the jersey is tolerable. I could see Adidas or Under Amour designing something similar. But still the way they end the side stripe before the pants is awful. I can't imagine the jerseys were made with these pants in mind and vice versa. There's no cohesiveness. I think they probably made a bunch of jersey designs and pants designs separately and just put two together.

that could be true. 2 different styles thrown together. or someone (Southern Miss is just as responsible) just has no idea what they're doing. if it were Nike or Adidas they wouldnt break out their latest and greatest designs for a po-dink school like SM, but when you're Russell, 4th in your own market (design wise), every chance should be a chance to turn things around. they just keep digging that hole though

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Love the measured responses here.

Pants I agree are awful. wouldn't be as bad with the same color on both sides and just those stripes being stripes.

The jersey isn't the worst thing ever, far from it. Its more "meh" than anything. Doesn't go out there enough to be compelling but isn't simple enough to be good.

I never understood the hate for piping. Its just skinny striping. Its like gradients and Copperplate, enough people say they hate it all of a sudden everyone hates it in all cases. All three of those things can be used correctly. I'm not saying the piping here is good, but it looks more like taping over the seams that you're seeing on footwear and higher end apparel more than traditional "piping." I know its not but because its a bit thicker it does look like it.

Love the measured responses here.

Pants I agree are awful. wouldn't be as bad with the same color on both sides and just those stripes being stripes.

The jersey isn't the worst thing ever, far from it. Its more "meh" than anything. Doesn't go out there enough to be compelling but isn't simple enough to be good.

I never understood the hate for piping. Its just skinny striping. Its like gradients and Copperplate, enough people say they hate it all of a sudden everyone hates it in all cases. All three of those things can be used correctly. I'm not saying the piping here is good, but it looks more like taping over the seams that you're seeing on footwear and higher end apparel more than traditional "piping." I know its not but because its a bit thicker it does look like it.

totally agree. theres plenty of uses of piping that i like.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I never understood the hate for piping. Its just skinny striping.

I don't hate piping and it does work well in moderation when done tastefully. I think Vandy, for example, did it right with their last uniform set:

ncf_g_stacy_bl_400.jpg

warren-norman.jpg?w=420&h=279

But Russell's piping is always atrocious. As usual, with Southern Miss, they went completely overboard with all sorts of piping and panels that look awkward and straight out of 2002. And those patterned numbers are ugly. Add the typical atrocious Russell jerseys to those hideous pants and the result is the worst football uniform ever.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived