College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's weird that the Red Sox B is used for all things Boston after the explosions. You don't see a city flag decal, or something similar. No plain "Boston" decal. If you didn't know any better, you would think the tragedy happened at Fenway.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Is it just me but does the WV Blue uniform look purple while the helmet looks blue.

The shoulder and armpit sections of the blue jersey looks black to me. I don't think it is though.

Of course it is. Facemask on the navy helmet is, too. Did you really think Nike could design a new set without adding black or grey?

BIT7iPICEAAZ6hA.jpg

Pitt looks great, but shouldn't that yellow be more of a mustard?

Also, no more space talk, let's keep this thread terrestrial.

You watch your dirty mouth.

*edit* -from a lifelong WVU fan and season ticket holder.

Is it just me but does the WV Blue uniform look purple while the helmet looks blue.

The shoulder and armpit sections of the blue jersey looks black to me. I don't think it is though.

Of course it is. Facemask on the navy helmet is, too. Did you really think Nike could design a new set without adding black or grey?

BIT7iPICEAAZ6hA.jpg

thats the point. Nike has made - perhaps only to me - two rivals look too similar.

BIT7iPICEAAZ6hA.jpg

thats the point. Nike has made - perhaps only to me - two rivals look too similar.

I'm not really seeing it. Maybe they look like the one-off "rivalry" uniforms that Pitt wore a few years back (though the gold is different). The two school wear the same general colors. But since 1980, WVU has always worn navy and athletic gold. Pitt has been in either royal blue and mustard or navy and "vegas" gold. I don't really see how the new uniforms look like Pitt. Especially with the blue uniforms. For WVU, it's gold numbers on a navy jersey like it's been for 33 years (albeit with an outline now).

Pitt:

t_23302_07.jpg20090906mfpitt090509_15_500.jpg

WVU:

major1_500_display_image.jpg?1297293156ncf_g_genosmith_cmg_600.jpg

Similar in general color scheme, yes. But otherwise, quite different.

I'm not really seeing it. Maybe they look like the one-off "rivalry" uniforms that Pitt wore a few years back (though the gold is different). The two school wear the same general colors. But since 1980, WVU has always worn navy and athletic gold. Pitt has been in either royal blue and mustard or navy and "vegas" gold. I don't really see how the new uniforms look like Pitt. Especially with the blue uniforms. For WVU, it's gold numbers on a navy jersey like it's been for 33 years (albeit with an outline now).

Pitt:

[images]

WVU:

[images]

Similar in general color scheme, yes. But otherwise, quite different.

I've always had more of an issue with Cal and West Virginia.

Name a player from before the last couple years, that went to one of the two schools... I'd probably have to give it some thought before I told you which school they went to.

patwhite.jpg

628x471.jpg

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

What should have been (in my opinion). What have made it easier to mix and match. Add more white to orange. Got rid of two tone masks.

BmhKUe7.png

Can someone make these same style helmets but as wvu 3 new helmets

wvuhelmets.png

thanks very awesome :notworthy: being a avid WVU fan gotta say I love that the numbers will be more visable on the WVU uniforms they will take some time getting use to but I like the simple template they used with the matte helmets which i have been begging for, im happy with the colors for the helmets and that they didnt go overboard and add the stripe again i like the just flying WV plain look, my only complaint maybe some flying WV on the sleeves of the jerseys but the way they implemented the canary and mining history and with the mountaineers run free on the back collar i am very happy with these, my favorite is the gold & white though

okSZRMT.gifEaHphDp.gif

BITy68iCAAEHX22.jpg

boring generic crap.

Terrible numerals have apparently become a tradition at WVU.

I will say, though, that it's interesting how the negative spaces between some of the numbers "connect" for lack of a better term (see #23, how the angle of the 2 continues into the tip of the 3). I'm sure that's part of the reason some of these numbers look weird as hell. While there may be a reason for it, in my eyes, it's not enough of a reason to justify something that ugly. I can appreciate the attempt, but if the end result suffers for the sake of innovation, I think you owe it to yourself to leave it on the cutting room floor.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I'm on a iPhone so uploading pics is a bit of a task right now, but ECU added white stripes to the purple pants, paper thin ones, ( wore yesterday) looks horrid with the old/new decal on helmet, but would be ok if they were to keep the Jolly Roger, the EQ staff said they were still making tweaks to the unis, but unless they are the ones sewing the pants up, and not Nike, my guess is that those are the pants they will wear when they go all purp...again that gold decal makes the white stripe loog so dumb

I really wish Tennessee would get rid of the black in their jerseys. It looks so out of place with the helmets and pants. If they have to outline numbers, I actually think a dark orange would look both good and unique.

maehl.png

Archived