College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

I wouldn't necessarily say the number font for West Virginia is ugly, it's the fact that it doesn't work for West Virginia. Certain uniform designs just don't work for every team. (Ex: Arkansas & Gradient) That font looks similar to Florida State's PC, or at least to me. The uniform itself could be way better, and I feel that the logo on the white helmet should be yellow outlined in gold, or vice versa and at least have a colored facemask.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7284246.jpg

Tennessee needs to do White/Orange/Orange more. It looks fantastic.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

What should have been (in my opinion). What have made it easier to mix and match. Add more white to orange. Got rid of two tone masks.

BmhKUe7.png

those all look good, but would be a mistake IMO. it's the same set as Oklahoma State (minus a grey one)

I think the striping helps set OkState and Oregon State apart. The problem I have with all these multi-helmet teams is that rarely they all consistent. Like Oregon State for example, have the side logos on one, one is matte, one has logo on back, only two have special facemasks, etc. It seems like they can't seem to decide which they like best so just mix them all together.

BITy68iCAAEHX22.jpg

boring generic crap.

Terrible numerals have apparently become a tradition at WVU.

Whoah! When did nike get all anatomical with their mannequins? Check out the trouser snake on ol white pants.

That's called a cup, or jock strap. It's what players wear to protect their trouser snakes.

FAU has new helmet options. I'd post images here but the pics are large and I don't feel like resizing them

http://www.lostlette...helmet-options/

Those all look terrible. Every single one is a downgrade from their current helmet, which is one of the best in the FBS. And the grey. Why grey? WHY?!

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

What should have been (in my opinion). What have made it easier to mix and match. Add more white to orange. Got rid of two tone masks.

BmhKUe7.png

those all look good, but would be a mistake IMO. it's the same set as Oklahoma State (minus a grey one)

I think the striping helps set OkState and Oregon State apart. The problem I have with all these multi-helmet teams is that rarely they all consistent. Like Oregon State for example, have the side logos on one, one is matte, one has logo on back, only two have special facemasks, etc. It seems like they can't seem to decide which they like best so just mix them all together.

yea the stripes keep them from being identical but it's the same idea. 1 design on white/black/orange. i have no problem with having a set of different colors with the same design (except here of course when it's the same set as someone else) or having different designs on multiple helmets. its just 2 different ways to go about it. i actually would prefer to see different designs though. i dont get a sense of "no identity" with that (unlike FAU there, i mean seriously? such subtle differences are pointless) but it seems like if you're going to have different helmets the point is to have different helmets

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

yea the stripes keep them from being identical but it's the same idea. 1 design on white/black/orange. i have no problem with having a set of different colors with the same design (except here of course when it's the same set as someone else) or having different designs on multiple helmets. its just 2 different ways to go about it. i actually would prefer to see different designs though. i dont get a sense of "no identity" with that (unlike FAU there, i mean seriously? such subtle differences are pointless) but it seems like if you're going to have different helmets the point is to have different helmets

The problem I have with FAU the logo selection. From an exposure standpoint I don't think they're big enough to be recognized by only the owl. While only 2? other teams use that nickname FAU probably isn't known by the casual FBS fan.

Is it just me but does the WV Blue uniform look purple while the helmet looks blue.

The shoulder and armpit sections of the blue jersey looks black to me. I don't think it is though.

Of course it is. Facemask on the navy helmet is, too. Did you really think Nike could design a new set without adding black or grey?

BIT7iPICEAAZ6hA.jpg

Pitt looks great, but shouldn't that yellow be more of a mustard?

Also, no more space talk, let's keep this thread terrestrial.

I think something adidas would design with the numeral font, not Nike. If you don't believe me check out St. Mary's basketball jerseys. Their numeral font is very similar.

I think something adidas would design with the numeral font, not Nike. If you don't believe me check out St. Mary's basketball jerseys. Their numeral font is very similar.

Posted over in the "Hate The Font" thread:

Saint-Marys3_zps08441ad7.jpg

That character set was the handiwork of Osaki Creative Group (for what its worth, the same guy(s) who brought you/us the Baltimore Ravens and Tampa Bay Buccaneers current identities, among others). I can see how one can see similarities between the Gaels' and now WV's number set.

Although...the fact that one is led to even draw the above posted conclusion illustrates, to me at least, the troublesome monopolization (is that a word??) running rampant through collegiate sports in present day.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The problem I have with FAU the logo selection. From an exposure standpoint I don't think they're big enough to be recognized by only the owl. While only 2? other teams use that nickname FAU probably isn't known by the casual FBS fan.

I know them! I'm above average!

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

yea i wouldnt know that was FAU if i only saw the owl. only that i had seen it somewhere before. but for a primary helmet what else would you do? i mean, thats their logo. that's the spear head of any identity. i guess an FAU monogram would work. i'm fine with that but i don't think that's a popular option.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

A fellow WVU fan chopped up some pics of the uni presentation to show what each combination will look like (larger pics in the links at the bottom. I'm severely biased but I think some of the combos look really nice.

BIagfd6CEAEPEvi.jpg

BIafuPaCMAAvoIQ.jpg

BIae1f6CAAAldia.jpg

https://twitter.com/...1167232/photo/1

https://twitter.com/...1076993/photo/1

https://twitter.com/...1900544/photo/1

90758391980.gif

900x900px-LL-531ac042_8665362095_ebedd1fc6a_o.jpeg

This font would be a lot better if they did some modifying to 2,3,5 and 7.

I hated the font until I seen the video where they mentioned they wanted the numbers to depict a Coal Miner's Pick and once I realized that I started liking them fonts more. My favorite numbers with this new font is 3 and 7.

spacer.png

These don't look like a coal miner's pick to me. They just look dumb.

#execution_fail

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived