College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After seeing the combos for WVU, I really feel that the yellow helmet just doesn't seem to be a good fit in the mix. Then some of the certain combos make them look like other navy/athletic gold teams; a la Cal

I thought the opposite as the white helmet does not go with the blue or yellow jersey.

spacer.png

A fellow WVU fan chopped up some pics of the uni presentation to show what each combination will look like (larger pics in the links at the bottom. I'm severely biased but I think some of the combos look really nice.

BIagfd6CEAEPEvi.jpg

BIafuPaCMAAvoIQ.jpg

BIae1f6CAAAldia.jpg

https://twitter.com/...1167232/photo/1

https://twitter.com/...1076993/photo/1

https://twitter.com/...1900544/photo/1

Check out that photoshop job on the last three yellow jerseys. Looks like he's got his hands in his pants...

spacer.png

Good lord is that WVU numeral set just absolutely horrid.

Ruffin McNeil just posted a new helmet on twitter I'm on a iPhone so can't post the pic but its black with the j/r on it

BIfeqpvCEAENGB6.jpg

Looks like a fan made concept.

Yup. "Since we have shown you several of the Charles Sollars design collection of unsolicited Nike Pro Combat uniforms and helmets from the major schools, it’s time to dive into the smaller conferences. One of the most underrated fan bases in the country is the rowdy bunch who love East Carolina. They have a devout and strong group of fans who support their Pirates more than anything in the world. The fact that they have been left out of the conference expansion discussion is a crime, but that’s a totally different conversation. Let’s take a look at the ECU concept helmets." http://www.beyondusports.com/east-carolina-nike-pro-combat-concept-helmets/

Ruffin McNeil just posted a new helmet on twitter I'm on a iPhone so can't post the pic but its black with the j/r on it

BIfeqpvCEAENGB6.jpg

edit - GDU beat me

Definitely a fan concept but it was tweeted with a purple version by Ruffin McNeil. Equipment staff said they haven't chose a helmet logo yet so that may give some credence to it. He probably wants to judge fan reaction before making a potential move.

BIfeqpvCEAENGB6.jpg

edit - GDU beat me

Definitely a fan concept but it was tweeted with a purple version by Ruffin McNeil. Equipment staff said they haven't chose a helmet logo yet so that may give some credence to it. He probably wants to judge fan reaction before making a potential move.

Check the link I posted. It also has that purple version he tweeted.

BIfeqpvCEAENGB6.jpg

Yup. "Since we have shown you several of the Charles Sollars design collection of unsolicited Nike Pro Combat uniforms and helmets from the major schools, it’s time to dive into the smaller conferences. One of the most underrated fan bases in the country is the rowdy bunch who love East Carolina. They have a devout and strong group of fans who support their Pirates more than anything in the world. The fact that they have been left out of the conference expansion discussion is a crime, but that’s a totally different conversation. Let’s take a look at the ECU concept helmets." http://www.beyondusports.com/east-carolina-nike-pro-combat-concept-helmets/

The fans on the boards and twitter and such are in a hell storm over it all, but IMO the athletic dept has the same prob UCONN had, alot of logos basketball using grey and all other sports using black, it's all over the place it's come down too.....is the damn pirate dead or alive?

BIfeqpvCEAENGB6.jpg

edit - GDU beat me

see, i hate when business decisions are made like this. the question is do you believe in it or not? you can't please everyone. and no matter how bad it is, someone will still like it.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

What should have been (in my opinion). What have made it easier to mix and match. Add more white to orange. Got rid of two tone masks.

BmhKUe7.png

those all look good, but would be a mistake IMO. it's the same set as Oklahoma State (minus a grey one)

I think the striping helps set OkState and Oregon State apart. The problem I have with all these multi-helmet teams is that rarely they all consistent. Like Oregon State for example, have the side logos on one, one is matte, one has logo on back, only two have special facemasks, etc. It seems like they can't seem to decide which they like best so just mix them all together.

yea the stripes keep them from being identical but it's the same idea. 1 design on white/black/orange. i have no problem with having a set of different colors with the same design (except here of course when it's the same set as someone else) or having different designs on multiple helmets. its just 2 different ways to go about it. i actually would prefer to see different designs though. i dont get a sense of "no identity" with that (unlike FAU there, i mean seriously? such subtle differences are pointless) but it seems like if you're going to have different helmets the point is to have different helmets

Therein lies a major problem of all of these redesigns. In years past schools with the same color scheme had enough unique elements balancing the colors that created very unique identities. Using both osu's an an example both schools are using orange/black/white interchangeably for helmets/jerseys/pants so there is nothing distinct anymore. Tho me this is absolutely lazy design wise, each school should pick a primary look/emphasis and an alternate look for each season. The can then change a few items in and out the following season. The 3x3x3 combined with the fact that basically every school has an all black/white/gray option muddies the identities even more and gives me the impression they have no idea how to represent themselves on the field.

These days you've got the upper tier of the elite storied programs (usc, bama, tosu etc.) that know exactly how they want to look every weekend and a bunch of copycats all wearing the same paint by number random uniform generators.

Ecu eq staff says on twitter big things are being done in the eq room, hope the new unis make the ncaa14 deadline

Could be putting in new shelves. Do we know ECU is getting new unis? They tweeted about a month ago that they didn't think they were.

BIfeqpvCEAENGB6.jpg

edit - GDU beat me

see, i hate when business decisions are made like this. the question is do you believe in it or not? you can't please everyone. and no matter how bad it is, someone will still like it.

Yep Jaguars unis & logo prove that as well as some other recent designs by Nike

Ecu eq staff says on twitter big things are being done in the eq room, hope the new unis make the ncaa14 deadline

Could be putting in new shelves. Do we know ECU is getting new unis? They tweeted about a month ago that they didn't think they were.

They did tweet that, then new stripes to the purple pants showed up, I think the unis stay the same, just new stripes on the purps, and I see them using diff helmet decals during the season, more cost effective than getting new helmets all together

Archived