College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

In 1,000 years when alien anthropologists come to the burnt husk of the Earth to figure out what caused our society to implode and destroy itself, they will quickly realize that the spark that lit that destructive suicidal flame was the University of Oregon's ungodly union with Nike.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a know-it-all regarding the Flag Code for the US Flag, but that all-yellow US Flag probably isn't what Betsy Ross had in mind, or on par with the Code.

PHI ALPHA! SIGMA ALPHA EPSILON. CAROLINA GAMECOCKS. ST. LOUIS CARDINALS. ST. LOUIS BLUES. ORLANDO CITY SC. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS.

sc_gamecocks_sig1.png

I hate that all yelllow US flag. It should stay in traditional flag colors IMO

There's a precedent for the flag being monotone like that.

There is? Got any links?

I personally don't care for it.

When worn on military field uniforms, the flag is typically colored to match the colors of the uniform. Red, white and navy blue tend to stand out against MARPAT and other camouflage patterns.

4174406216_10a1360687.jpg

Thus, Oregon continued the military theme by putting the flag in the uniform's colors, like the military does. They even got the orientation of the flag right.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

In 1,000 years when alien anthropologists come to the burnt husk of the Earth to figure out what caused our society to implode and destroy itself, they will quickly realize that the spark that lit that destructive suicidal flame was the University of Oregon's ungodly union with Nike.

Yeah because, that is the thing that will kill us all. If you're gonna try to make jokes, you should probably try to atleast make them funny.

There is? Got any links?

When worn on military field uniforms, the flag is typically colored to match the colors of the uniform. Red, white and navy blue tend to stand out against MARPAT and other camouflage patterns.

Thus, Oregon continued the military theme by putting the flag in the uniform's colors, like the military does. They even got the orientation of the flag right.

Keep in mind the monotone flags are only used in combat zones.. In a regular state-side garrison environment, the military uses the traditional red/white/blue flag patches.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

There is? Got any links?

Keep in mind the monotone flags are only used in combat zones.. In a regular state-side garrison environment, the military uses the traditional red/white/blue flag patches.

For the protection of men and women who go into real combat..... Not recolored to match the pretty uniforms of a bunch of boys who play a game. I hate the idea of Oregonfying ( or any other school that does this) the US flag. There is no reason to put it on a sport uniform anyway. Raise a flag on a pole before the game ceremoniously and give proper respect, but don't sew it to a jersey an pretend that is respect. That is just an attention grab. (IMO)

Honestly, who cares if the flag is monochrome or not? This is part of a one-off spring game uniform that benefits the USO. Everyone should at least be proud that Oregon partakes in that anyway. And no disrespect to people, but why is it that people get so uptight and show more respect to a flag than they do to their fellow man?

I love our military and the sacrifices those soldiers make on an everyday basis.

But what irks me is the "militarization" of these spring games and other events. Do soldiers deserve respect? Sure. But when every Tom, Dick and Harry starts slapping a flag on the jersey and donating money to a military fund it gets a little cheesy. At that point, those schools aren't sincerely caring about the military, they're just jumping on the same bandwagon that every other school is already on.

Ever heard the phrase, "playing to the base?" It's like they're almost pandering to their fans. "See?! Look, we support the military too! We're a good school, aren't we?!"

Why not support breast cancer? Or AIDS? Or world hunger? There are a million causes, so find one that actually make sense for your school instead of being non-creative and just defaulting to "Support the Troops."

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I love our military and the sacrifices those soldiers make on an everyday basis.

But what irks me is the "militarization" of these spring games and other events. Do soldiers deserve respect? Sure. But when every Tom, Dick and Harry starts slapping a flag on the jersey and donating money to a military fund it gets a little cheesy. At that point, those schools aren't sincerely caring about the military, they're just jumping on the same bandwagon that every other school is already on.

Ever heard the phrase, "playing to the base?" It's like they're almost pandering to their fans. "See?! Look, we support the military too! We're a good school, aren't we?!"

Why not support breast cancer? Or AIDS? Or world hunger? There are a million causes, so find one that actually make sense for your school instead of being non-creative and just defaulting to "Support the Troops."

Why don't they (any team) just donate to charity the amount of money that they would've spent on a ridiculously horrible one-off uniform for a scrimmage? That'd make more sense to me.

PHI ALPHA! SIGMA ALPHA EPSILON. CAROLINA GAMECOCKS. ST. LOUIS CARDINALS. ST. LOUIS BLUES. ORLANDO CITY SC. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS.

sc_gamecocks_sig1.png

Why don't they (any team) just donate to charity the amount of money that they would've spent on a ridiculously horrible one-off uniform for a scrimmage? That'd make more sense to me.

Exactly. It's because the team wants the free press that comes with being generous. I was always raised that if you're going out of your way to seek attention for your good deeds; you're doing it wrong.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I like Olive as a uniform color. Not sure if I like Oregon necessarily, but I like it nonetheless.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Love it. All of it. My only question is the way the carbon weaves interact in the middle of the helmet, but that may be a manufacturing limitation by HGI.

As do I.

I think Nike is finally coming into a nice groove with their Ducks designs each year. Its as if they've finally reached that place where they struggled to take the identity in years past. These seem to have a certain sleekness, a sharpness, and well thought out and appropriate placement of all of the elements that is finally not overdone and makes sense. Its funny, because now it seems that they have almost mastered the Oregon look and made it somewhat predictable and cookie cutter each year. Its kind of ironic that if you want to see something out of the ordinary and cutting edge you have to look at designs outside of Eugene. Never thought I would ever say that.

I just want to say that holy jebus those yellow feathers looks amazing. I'm going to be really disappointed if we don't have a uniform with yellow feathers this year (ergo, I'm preparing to be disappointed).

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

The pro leagues already overdo that one.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Eric Morris just tweeted this pic of some Texas Tech helmets. Not sure if we've seen them or not and I'm not digging through the thread.

BIysydWCEAALes4.jpg

What the hell is that one white helmet with the Red Raider on it? It looks odd but I can't quite put my finger on it.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Archived