College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

Arizona teaser:

that red helmet last year was hideous.

it's a real shame that they are going away from their last season's look as it was a perfect update to their classic 90's set....once again change for change's sake.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Facemasks for Notre Dame, SoCal, and Baylor

BJRF5GUCYAA696J.jpg

USC uses a metallic gold facemask? I've never noticed that. If they do, why? I could see having yellow flecks, but not metallic gold.

They normally use gray, im assuming they are using these to try and get a more bare metal type look to them, that is atleast what i see.

Facemasks for Notre Dame, SoCal, and Baylor

BJRF5GUCYAA696J.jpg

USC uses a metallic gold facemask? I've never noticed that. If they do, why? I could see having yellow flecks, but not metallic gold.

Not quite sure of the reasoning behind it. I had only noticed them doing it last season, so not sure how long they've had them. This is about the best picture I could find that somewhat shows a gold tint...

72060322.jpg

Looks like this year's will definitely be more pronounced.

EDIT: Found a better picture.

PRK-03889655085.jpg

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Didn't they get unis last year? They finally put the circle A with spear on the helmet and now theyre gonna get new logos.. Hopefully their new set includes others sets of pants and not just black like the last few unis they've had.

Edit: meant the SD logo not circle A with spear..

oregonsig.png

Didn't they get unis last year? They finally put the circle A with spear on the helmet and now theyre gonna get new logos.. Hopefully their new set includes others sets of pants and not just black like the last few unis they've had.

I think their unis last year were just filler until they got an actual re-design. Last year they just had the West Virginia template.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I like Olive as a uniform color. Not sure if I like Oregon necessarily, but I like it nonetheless.

As do I. Shame that nobody uses it full time.

Silver/olive/silver would be an awesome uniform combo, especially if the uniform had some black or brown trim.

That sounds terrible to me, and I don't have a problem with silver or olive.

I tried it out on a video game once, and it looked sweet IMO. The olive was darker though. Sort of like this.

A team in Backbreaker used it. It looked pretty sweet.

4811337641_6b74c0c8d1_z.jpg

This reminds me: has any team based in or around DC ever used Columbia as a part of their name?

GR30a5H.png

Not quite sure of the reasoning behind it. I had only noticed them doing it last season, so not sure how long they've had them. This is about the best picture I could find that somewhat shows a gold tint...

Looks like this year's will definitely be more pronounced.

EDIT: Found a better picture.

PRK-03889655085.jpg

Interesting pic. Never noticed USC having goldish facemasks. The company's twitter indicates it's a new grey to gold formula so maybe it is different than that one?

https://twitter.com/GreenGridiron

Also, looks like Baylor is doing an official reveal / photo shoot with the different combos. C3PO helmet in action...

BJSOD3uCMAAJ8x0.jpg

BGCz8VgCEAEhCfU.jpg

Very big #s on back of helmets

Ugh, none of those look even close to as good as their gold/green/gold combo. I don't have a problem with a set that has 3 of each, but at least use the same template. I hate all these different helmets. Put stripes and a green facemask on the shiny helmet and it would look a lot better IMO.

Ugh, none of those look even close to as good as their gold/green/gold combo. I don't have a problem with a set that has 3 of each, but at least use the same template. I hate all these different helmets. Put stripes and a green facemask on the shiny helmet and it would look a lot better IMO.

Yeah, they at least need stripes on the helmets that match the corresponding pant stripe pattern. Still getting used to the goofy number font too. Wish we didn't get a custom font (or it matched the "Baylor" better). Gold/Green/Gold is pretty much everyone's favorite look but these are times we live in....

SDSU's new unis aren't bad...pretty nice font, actually...but one day they'll realize the mid-90s look was the best they ever had.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Here's the uniform

2wdr6up.jpg

So SDSU decided that instead of looking like West Virginia, they're going to look like Louisiana Tech and Virginia Tech. Brilliant <_<

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Archived