College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

SDSU's new unis aren't bad...pretty nice font, actually...but one day they'll realize the mid-90s look was the best they ever had.

I was a freshmen in 96, and other than the number font, this is pretty much the look they had.

I'm surprised SDSU didn't jump on the multi-helmet bandwagon.

sig.jpg

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SDSU's new unis aren't bad...pretty nice font, actually...but one day they'll realize the mid-90s look was the best they ever had.

I was a freshmen in 96, and other than the number font, this is pretty much the look they had.

I'm surprised SDSU didn't jump on the multi-helmet bandwagon.

mid major schools that are publicly funded, have a small following, and no alumni support don't have the funds for fancy things like multiple helmets.

they got close but just go back to the damn Faulk uniforms already those were the best.

Here's the uniform

2wdr6up.jpg

So SDSU decided that instead of looking like West Virginia, they're going to look like Louisiana Tech and Virginia Tech. Brilliant <_<

Fine by me.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Here's the uniform

2wdr6up.jpg

So SDSU decided that instead of looking like West Virginia, they're going to look like Louisiana Tech and Virginia Tech. Brilliant <_<

Does anyone else think the font looks like Cincy's? I like the unis, but that font is incredibly close.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Here's the uniform

2wdr6up.jpg

Does anyone else think the font looks like Cincy's? I like the unis, but that font is incredibly close.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Here's the uniform

2wdr6up.jpg

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Looks like the Atlanta Thrashers number font without the outline.

Numbers-ATL.gif

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

Here's the uniform

2wdr6up.jpg

Fine by me.

Ripping your uniforms directly off a school (another mid major at that) is one of the worst uniform sins you can commit. Sure, it's better than their last set, but what's the point of creating your own uniform if you're just going to copy someone else? SDSU has enough money to be better than this.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Here's the uniform

2wdr6up.jpg

Fine by me.

Ripping your uniforms directly off a school (another mid major at that) is one of the worst uniform sins you can commit. Sure, it's better than their last set, but what's the point of creating your own uniform if you're just going to copy someone else? SDSU has enough money to be better than this.

Please explain to me how SDSU is directly ripping off Louisiana Tech and VaTech? I can post about 50 different examples of this template. It is about as traditional and non-team specific as you can get.

large_lsu-football.jpg

football-austin-promo.jpg

Indianapolis-Colts-football.jpg

ohio-bobcats-vs-bowling-green-falcons-2011-college-football-picks.jpg

jeremiah-masoli-ole-miss-athletics_display_image.jpg

106810660_display_image.jpg

nfl_u_tombrady_cmg_600.jpg

Here's the uniform

2wdr6up.jpg

Fine by me.

Please explain to me how SDSU is directly ripping off Louisiana Tech and VaTech? I can post about 50 different examples of this template. It is about as traditional and non-team specific as you can get.

large_lsu-football.jpg

football-austin-promo.jpg

Indianapolis-Colts-football.jpg

ohio-bobcats-vs-bowling-green-falcons-2011-college-football-picks.jpg

jeremiah-masoli-ole-miss-athletics_display_image.jpg

106810660_display_image.jpg

nfl_u_tombrady_cmg_600.jpg

All of those are different form each other in some regard be it different patterns in the striping, the template, something. Not only that, but they are made by different manufacturers. What bothers me is that not only is it literally the exact same striping pattern as LSU and Louisiana Tech (sans not having a stripe on the helmet), but that they are ALL Nike schools. Actually, I should really only include Lousiana Tech, because at least LSU has a different template (also their shoulder loops are longer). So Nike has two mid major division 1 teams with the exact same striping pattern. Why would you go through an entire redesign, if you're going to do that? It seems pointless to me.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

SDSU looks good to me. the traditional stripes (as in 50+ years old Spleen, it's literally older than the NFL and has been used many times. c'mon man!) are timeless and blend well with the new numbers. the helmet dosent feel out of place either, the whole thing is a nice mix of old and new.

i'm guessing the school ordered these from a Nike catalog right? i don't know if Nike actually had much of a hand in these

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

You guys are being too nit-picky..there are too many teams for them all to have unique designs and templates for their jerseys. I HIGHLY doubt SDSU went to Nike and asked for a complete copy of Louisiana Tech or LSU, they more than likely just liked the look.

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Archived