College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

You guys are being too nit-picky..there are too many teams for them all to have unique designs and templates for their jerseys. I HIGHLY doubt SDSU went to Nike and asked for a complete copy of Louisiana Tech or LSU, they more than likely just liked the look.

I agree and based off their last uniform this is a huge upgrade.

spacer.png

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys are being too nit-picky..there are too many teams for them all to have unique designs and templates for their jerseys. I HIGHLY doubt SDSU went to Nike and asked for a complete copy of Louisiana Tech or LSU, they more than likely just liked the look.

Disagree. I like that basic template, but it only makes sense to me to use it if you have history with it. I'm not sure whether SDSU does or doesn't but most every uniform they have worn in my lifetime has a different stripe pattern, that I think they should've stuck to (if they wanted to keep a more traditional template). They didn't even go to Nike's newest template, so why go with a traditional look that you have no tradition with?

Apparently they were trying to pay homage to these so technically they aren't ripping off anyone

1996-0489-41turley8x10lr3.jpg

I would like to know if the black pants have stripes or not. That would go a long way to my judgement of this uniform.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Apparently they were trying to pay homage to these so technically they aren't ripping off anyone

I would like to know if the black pants have stripes or not. That would go a long way to my judgement of this uniform.

I agree..but based on the photo below I don't think they do which is a shame.

UTI1712416_r620x349.jpg?75d51d0aea2efce5189afce216053cbc530c46a8

spacer.png

I agree..but based on the photo below I don't think they do which is a shame.

UTI1712416_r620x349.jpg?75d51d0aea2efce5189afce216053cbc530c46a8

I agree from an aesthetic standpoint, but if the point is to make it look like a prior look, then leaving the stripes off the black pants makes some sense.

different helmet, logo, wordmark, number font, number treatment . . . but the pant's stripe makes or breaks the uniform. . . . alright

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

different helmet, logo, wordmark, number font, number treatment . . . but the pant's stripe makes or breaks the uniform. . . . alright

the ucla stripe is reversed as well...the helmet script changed a few times with that set.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a San Diego State uniform I've liked. Maybe it's their seemingly undying commitment to their red helmet, black jersey, black pants combo which I just find unfortunate.

Hypothetically, could Arkansas pull off Northwestern stripes? I think it would be tough since our colors are red and white but I would be interested to see how it would look.

The reason I ask is because Bielema has said that we will be getting more conservative uniforms next season which he prefers. His coaching background consists of Iowa, Kansas St and Wisconsin which are three of the most conservative schools that you can get so they should definitely be pretty toned down.

I was thinking about what we could do and I liked the idea of Northwestern stripes. Only Florida goes that route currently in the SEC so it wouldn't be overkill. I was just curious if those more creative than I could tell me if it was possible to do and still look good.

Why not just do a monochrome Northwestern stripe? It's been done before and it looks good.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Why not just do a monochrome Northwestern stripe? It's been done before and it looks good.

That's what I was thinking of toying around with right now. I was stuck on needing a third color at first but i think thats probably a good idea. Outside of the new Northwestern uniforms with the monochrome purple, can you point me in the direction of someone else that has gone this route?

That's what I was thinking of toying around with right now. I was stuck on needing a third color at first but i think thats probably a good idea. Outside of the new Northwestern uniforms with the monochrome purple, can you point me in the direction of someone else that has gone this route?

BYU does monochrome northwestern stripes. Also, Auburn uses northwestern stripes too, not just Florida (in the SEC).

maehl.png

He wasn't saying they needed them to match the look they were throwing back to; he has just decided he hates any uniform that doesn't have pants stripes or that uses a grey facemask, or that has a chrome helmet.

He wasn't saying they needed them to match the look they were throwing back to; he has just decided he hates any uniform that doesn't have pants stripes or that uses a grey facemask, or that has a chrome helmet.

Thanks GDU as you pretty much summed my tastes up. By the way, a chrome helmet is fine as long as the teams use a sticker logo instead of trying to blend the logo in with the chrome. The WKU chrome helmet looks amazing, however, the Oregon Ducks helmets are hideous.

BrandMooreArt - I gave the uniform a 7.1 out of 10 which is pretty good. However, I gave the pants stripe a 4 out of 10 because the white pants are great, but the black pants look dull being plain.

spacer.png

Thanks GDU as you pretty much summed my tastes up. By the way, a chrome helmet is fine as long as the teams use a sticker logo instead of trying to blend the logo in with the chrome. The WKU chrome helmet looks amazing, however, the Oregon Ducks helmets are hideous.

BrandMooreArt - I gave the uniform a 7.1 out of 10 which is pretty good. However, I gave the pants stripe a 4 out of 10 because the white pants are great, but the black pants look dull being plain.

I agree that chrome helmets should have regular stickers (see Baylor and MichSt), but the WKU helmet you posted looks awful and the Oregon one is fine, IMO.

Are you talking about me or nuordr?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Are you talking about me or nuordr?

nuordr. Wow. I actually assumed it was him asking about the pants stripes, but I guess it wasn't. Edit: well, he did, but not in the string I replied to.

I cannot tell, but is there a stripe on the black pants?

Archived