College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

Word I heard on another forum is Arizona revealing their unis at noon pacific standard time..

Coming soon...the release of the Arizona Football new uniforms. To be released first on the www.youtube.com/ArizonaAthleti­cs page. Stay tuned...

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can get over the font, it's not the worst I've seen. At least it is legible. I INSTANTLY LOVED THE GRADIENT! Holy crap, I love it. Reminds me of the Astros sunrise, but fits perfectly with Arizona. Continuing it on the sleeve was a good call too. Wish they wold carried that to a pants stripe, but that might have been overkill. Still LOVE IT!

Helmets are a downgrade. Wish they woulda kept the white one with the asymmetrical stripes, and not a fan of the copper but eh.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

i like this quite a bit. the number and sleeves are sweet, but that font isn't the best thing ive ever seen. at first i was disapointed the gradient in the numbers went the opposite direction of the sleeves, but looks at both elements as 1 part, and the gradient fades out at the top and bottom. it's slick IMO. that white helmet still one of my favorites in the country. this is pretty good stuff overall

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I love the slow gradient on the sleeves. That font with the overlayed gradient is a tough pill to swallow... It looks like one of the "futuristic" fonts that comes with Windows 98.

I like the gradient, but don't like the font. The shirts look like the are from a different set than the helmets and pants (which are much more plain). Surprised no one has mentioned the color inserts on the fronts of the pants (though you can really only see them on one of the shots).

Am I seeing it wrong, or are those sleeves and number colors made up of individual stripes (like the 70's Astros), which to my mind makes them less gradients and more... well.. stripes.

yea it's like the Astros old digs. it's that bar gradient look that i like most

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Apparently they were trying to pay homage to these so technically they aren't ripping off anyone

1996-0489-41turley8x10lr3.jpg

I would like to know if the black pants have stripes or not. That would go a long way to my judgement of this uniform.

different helmet, logo, wordmark, number font, number treatment . . . but the pant's stripe makes or breaks the uniform. . . . alright

He wasn't saying they needed them to match the look they were throwing back to; he has just decided he hates any uniform that doesn't have pants stripes or that uses a grey facemask, or that has a chrome helmet.

Are you talking about me or nuordr?

nuordr. Wow. I actually assumed it was him asking about the pants stripes, but I guess it wasn't. Edit: well, he did, but not in the string I replied to.

I cannot tell, but is there a stripe on the black pants?

GDU, all I can say about my confusion is that it is Monday.

Good to know ASU will look better than UofA for the near future.

Not if they don't improve on their ability to pick combos.

Or if they use those horrible new helmet designs.

spacer.png

Archived