College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Texas Tech is apparently bringing back the white helmets sans the black stripes:

bbkzp2fccaavwma.0_standard_709.0.jpg

looks like those black helmets are chrome

Not to me, but they may have finally gotten rid of the Bass boat finish.

Helmet stripe - white touches blue, blue touches orange

Blue jersey and pants stripe - white touches blue, blue touches orange

White jersey and pants stripe - white touches blue, blue touches orange

Orange jersey pants - white touches blue, blue touches orange

Orange jersey stripe - white touches orange, orange touches blue

Discordant.

It would appear they have a new font, as well.

how is the striping on the orange discordant? and also, did you guys stop to think that that's florida's decision?

No one implied it was Nike's decision, either. Though they are correct this is the only piece in their uni set that does not follow the same striping protocol.

Helmet stripe - white touches blue, blue touches orange

Blue jersey and pants stripe - white touches blue, blue touches orange

White jersey and pants stripe - white touches blue, blue touches orange

Orange jersey pants - white touches blue, blue touches orange

Orange jersey stripe - white touches orange, orange touches blue

Discordant.

In pictures:

fbc-notes-1-3-art-g0dl1mb9-1sugar-bowl-football-jpeg-0f040-jpg.jpg1mVjeL.St.4.jpeg

florida_football.JPG

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

It would appear they have a new font, as well.

how is the striping on the orange discordant? and also, did you guys stop to think that that's florida's decision?

No one implied it was Nike's decision, either. Though they are correct this is the only piece in their uni set that does not follow the same striping protocol.

Seriously. No need to be so touchy.

Ugh...not a fan of the new numbers. I was really hoping they bring football up to date with the rest of their athletic identity package and make the number font similar to what's on the basketball uniforms (sans the black, of course).

And another thing to note: It looks like they changed their number font to the same font that's used to in counterfeit Tim Tebow jerseys. That overly-octagonal 5 is (I guess, "was") seen far too much at football games in years past.

It's very tiring to hear how "nike didn't fix this" or if they do "how dare they change that!" - it gets old, especially when it's not a decision that Nike makes. There are plenty of times when Nike designers want to fix something and are told "no".

And the new numbers are a non-oblique version of the basketball numbers, just for the record.

OD_Signature.jpg

It's very tiring to hear how "nike didn't fix this" or if they do "how dare they change that!" - it gets old, especially when it's not a decision that Nike makes. There are plenty of times when Nike designers want to fix something and are told "no".

And the new numbers are a non-oblique version of the basketball numbers, just for the record.

Woops my bad, then. I still think they'd look a lot better if they were oblique, though. But I'm just a big fan of consistency.

From another board... Nevada's New Helmets

54598-uniform-updates-5-0-nevada-helmets.jpg

Gone are the days where a school would only have 2 or 3 uniforms options (Home, Away, Alt).

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

wow that number font looks terrible. The old numbers with the double outline not only matched the sleeve striping but worked a lot better.

The double outline is still there, just isn't as pronounced (large) as before it looks like. On the blue jersey, you can still see the gap between the white numbers and the orange outline.

fP8H4Wf.jpg

Texas Tech is apparently bringing back the white helmets sans the black stripes:

bbkzp2fccaavwma.0_standard_709.0.jpg

looks like those black helmets are chrome

Not to me, but they may have finally gotten rid of the Bass boat finish.

Those are just gorgeous. I really can't find anything wrong with these.

It may be Florida's decision, but the striping is garbage as well as the sweat stain jersey.

spacer.png

Archived