College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

I showed these to my cousin who played at Indiana (06-09) and he was a big fan of them. I guess if the players like it...

But I think all of the new designs are either bad or pointless. The only one I'd like is the state flag logo if it's worn for state anniversaries or things like that. I actually think their normal helmets are really good. If they had any kind of football tradition, it would probably be considered a classic. But they don't have any so I guess that's why they think they have to roll out so many different helmets.

Well, if we put it on the shelf until 2016 Fred Glass might have been fired by then and then we can pretend this never happened.

The worst part about the numbered helmets is that they are supposed to be throwbacks but they are inaccurate.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The white helmet is much improved with the stripe. The crossroads helmet is brilliant. The strait I helmet makes me think of the 80s and Anthony Thompson. The crome is probably a one time deal that they will wear against Purdue. A for effort.B+ for execution.

Everyone loves a roundel.

Here's IU's helmets in a side by side comparison.

BL34VVoCQAASlum.png

My thoughts on the helmets: Yikes! These are horrendously bad especially the Chrome. :Oo: Thank goodness Louisville doesn't need those helmets. :)

So are the white helmets only going to be Revo Speeds? I mean the red traces that template, so it would look pretty funny on another helmet.

BL34VVoCQAASlum.png

My thoughts on the helmets: Yikes! These are horrendously bad especially the Chrome. :Oo: Thank goodness Louisville doesn't need those helmets. :)

I love the fact that all the facemasks are white on every helmet besides the chrome one and that facemask is fine the way it is. However, I would throw the chrome and the 2nd one from the right in the trash now.

spacer.png

BL34VVoCQAASlum.png

I love the fact that all the facemasks are white on every helmet besides the chrome one and that facemask is fine the way it is. However, I would throw the chrome and the 2nd one from the right in the trash now.

Interlocking IU. That's all you need. The rest is a steaming pile of crap.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

BL34VVoCQAASlum.png

Interlocking IU. That's all you need. The rest is a steaming pile of crap.

That's it plain and simple.

You know, it doesn't bother me that schools are having a bunch of different combos and helmets. That in itself is not the problem. The problem is that there is no thought put into any of them. The different helmets aren't trying to expand upon an idea, they're just there to look cool. The only helmets Indian really "needs" (as in, aren't redundant with the rest and still in a school color) is the regular red, the white helmet they had before, and the state logo one. Everything else is unnecessary and simply there for filler, and that's what irritates me about the whole thing.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

The chrome helmet is butt-ugly and a missed opportunity to use the famous crimson-and-cream candy stripes.

But I think that what bothers me the most is that Indiana now has both a "block I" helmet and an "IU" helmet. There is really zero reason why any college needs two different block letter marks. Either you're known by one letter (Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska) or you're known by two (Oklahoma, Auburn, Kansas). It just looks indecisive to have both.

And while I get that having a chrome helmet or a white helmet with a non-traditional stripe might theoretically appeal to a 17-year-old recruit as UNIFORMZZZZ!, I can't imagine any high schooler out there is saying "wow, can you believe that Indiana has both a red "I" helmet and a red "IU" helmet?!"

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

The "I" helmet was worn with throwbacks a few years back. That's the only use that those helmets have. It will be pointless if they wear them with their normal uniforms.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

The "I" helmet was worn with throwbacks a few years back. That's the only use that those helmets have. It will be pointless if they wear them with their normal uniforms.

but even that's not accurate, the block I has always been on a striped helmet. http://www.helmethut.com/College/Indiana/Indianaindex.html

This is just a bunch of unconnected designs, trying to be cool - like spleen said - without much thought or consistency. To me, the Block I seems to be a bone tossed to the old timers who love the block I, a sorta, "sorry about the chrome, but you get this," type-a deal.

All of this just furthers my hatred of adidas right now. They continue to not get the idea of brands, they just keep

I think the NCAA needs to put a moratorium on uniform changes for a couple of years until they figure out rules to prohibit crap like this. It needs to stop.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

im reminded of an article i read just a couple of days ago about variation in brand identity. the overall idea, which i agree, is that variation is a good thing. the example of Google was used (think about what they do with Google doodles everyday. you see something new all the time, but it's not a complete departure from the original mark. at least, it's always recognizable as Google).

when you have a strong foundation like IU (which has been one of my favorite uniforms in CFB for 2 years) you can take risk and have a bit of fun with your identity. it keeps it from getting stale and can prevent it from becoming generic. they need to do something to separate them from Nebraska, OU, NC State, Stanford. . .you get the idea. Nike does such an excellent job with Oregon because they always look like Oregon. the design never changes, just color and texture. and when those things start to get stale they change it again. everything they have in a single season has unity and pushes the identity forward in a single direction. what IU has with these helmets is pushed their identity in 5 different directions. there is such a different personality between at least 3 of the helmets and moreover the designs are just really tasteless. especially when matched with the current uniform.

it really :censored:s up an otherwise well thought out, well executed uniform. i dont think anyone does red/white better than IU outside of these helmets. but, how much does it matter? because what really matters is the return on the investment. primarily that investment is in recruiting, getting players excited to wear the uniform, and giving fans a reason to watch. these helmets will do all of these things. no matter what we may think of them, how many of you have designed something that someone was so excited about they literally fell out of their chair for?? in the end, the designs are a success.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

im reminded of an article i read just a couple of days ago about variation in brand identity. the overall idea, which i agree, is that variation is a good thing. the example of Google was used (think about what they do with Google doodles everyday. you see something new all the time, but it's not a complete departure from the original mark. at least, it's always recognizable as Google).

when you have a strong foundation like IU (which has been one of my favorite uniforms in CFB for 2 years) you can take risk and have a bit of fun with your identity. it keeps it from getting stale and can prevent it from becoming generic. they need to do something to separate them from Nebraska, OU, NC State, Stanford. . .you get the idea. Nike does such an excellent job with Oregon because they always look like Oregon. the design never changes, just color and texture. and when those things start to get stale they change it again. everything they have in a single season has unity and pushes the identity forward in a single direction. what IU has with these helmets is pushed their identity in 5 different directions. there is such a different personality between at least 3 of the helmets and moreover the designs are just really tasteless. especially when matched with the current uniform.

it really :censored:s up an otherwise well thought out, well executed uniform. i dont think anyone does red/white better than IU outside of these helmets. but, how much does it matter? because what really matters is the return on the investment. primarily that investment is in recruiting, getting players excited to wear the uniform, and giving fans a reason to watch. these helmets will do all of these things. no matter what we may think of them, how many of you have designed something that someone was so excited about they literally fell out of their chair for?? in the end, the designs are a success.

A few points:

• IU football does not have a strong foundation of football
  • IU football has no visual identity. It has been inconsistent and it's most memorable look has been an exact copy of OU down to the point where HOOSIERS almost resembles SOONERS on the jersey front.
  • They do need to do something to separate themselves. These helmets are not that something.
  • Oregon does not always look like oregon.
  • Oregon has introduced completely new designs beyond color and texture in the same season that have zero connection with past designs. Not everything they do has unity.
  • Many of the IU designs are tasteless.
  • OU does dark red/white 1,000,000x better than IU
  • These helmets will provide zero ROI and nobody will continue to watch IU football.

I already dread the uniform they will likely pair with the chrome helmet. I agree with most of the anti-posts above. Stick with the interlocking IU and get rid of the others, which are unnecessary. I am an IU grad, so I do try to watch their mediocre football teams.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

A few points:

• IU football does not have a strong foundation of football
  • IU football has no visual identity. It has been inconsistent and it's most memorable look has been an exact copy of OU down to the point where HOOSIERS almost resembles SOONERS on the jersey front.
  • They do need to do something to separate themselves. These helmets are not that something.
  • Oregon does not always look like oregon.
  • Oregon has introduced completely new designs beyond color and texture in the same season that have zero connection with past designs. Not everything they do has unity.
  • Many of the IU designs are tasteless.
  • OU does dark red/white 1,000,000x better than IU
  • These helmets will provide zero ROI and nobody will continue to watch IU football.

1. was talking about the visual identity, not any kind of football tradition. sorry if i implied that, but obviously, we're not talking about a football powerhouse here. what they have now isnt a design thats been around for decades but its one they can use for decades

2. impossible to have "no identity". a copy of OU? yea, sans the white helmet. but like it said, i think they do it better than anyone else. and that white alternate is a big part of that

3. agree, but it works well enough. at least short term

4. do you ever confuse Oregon for anyone else? have to take it all in together. they set the trend standards in CFB

5. not sure i recall exactly what designs you're talking about. link me a pic?

6. the 5 new IU helmets? or what they've worn for 2 seasons? i think the latter is very well done. like you said, its a copy of OU. its completely timeless

7. disagree, i mean they're the same thing. but the white helmet puts it over the top for me. 1000X better? c'mon man!

8. the players all seem to love the new helmets. that counts for something. theres a little more reason to care here for the average fan

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived