College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

FWIW this Indiana grad (who also is more of an IU football fan than basketball fan) thinks that the football team desperately needs to stay away from any sign of piggybacking on the basketball team's identity, so candy stripes are a huge no no. The football team needs to forge its own, different identity from the basketball team and make sure said identity is different than "excuse for getting drunk the woods south of the stadium". And no, clothes aren't the answer either.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First time I've seen a pic of one of our uniforms now that the gradient has been removed and the lettering has been changed to white. I wish it had been our red or white jerseys instead of the anthracite.

946858.jpg

Here is that jersey from this past season for comparison:

resized_99265-10cjwilliams49pbw_68-16323_t598.JPG?b7052f07a6139e7088ebc43100469802b2560d37

First time I've seen a pic of one of our uniforms now that the gradient has been removed and the lettering has been changed to white. I wish it had been our red or white jerseys instead of the anthracite.

946858.jpg

Here is that jersey from this past season for comparison:

resized_99265-10cjwilliams49pbw_68-16323_t598.JPG?b7052f07a6139e7088ebc43100469802b2560d37

Sweet Jesus, Arkansas looks turrible

AmPJ0Ty.png 

this is the most people have talked about indiana football

...And that means the flashy helmets did their job.

As an IU fan, I dig the state flag motif. The chrome-domes are okay, and the white lids would be a million times better sans the numbers. The block 'I' logo gets a great big 'meh' from me.

Sigs are for sissies.

I'm a huge IU football fan and for my money this is the best look they've had and the one they should have stuck with.

3958917512_007313cd8d_z.jpg?zz=1

83550060_crop_650x440.jpg?1286064333

I am not a fan of the helmet stripes. Get rid of those and you have a good logo. The uniforms from the late 1980's, with the block I, outlined in black and the darker crimson color were also really good.

As an IU fan, I dig the state flag motif. The chrome-domes are okay, and the white lids would be a million times better sans the numbers. The block 'I' logo gets a great big 'meh' from me.

Did they do their job? I mean, sure, we're talking about them, but we're a bunch of internet goofballs who obsess about stuff like this. How many average sports fans will see or care about Indiana's new helmets?

Did they do their job? I mean, sure, we're talking about them, but we're a bunch of internet goofballs who obsess about stuff like this. How many average sports fans will see or care about Indiana's new helmets?

Is that their job? I think helmets used to be primarily about representing a school's brand. Now I think their importance to recruiting has surpassed that (at least for those how make decisions about what a school's helmets should look like).

Has anyone seen the new Central Florida uniform and completed helmets yet? I know at the press conference that the coach held up the jersey and said the rest of the uniform had not arrived.

spacer.png

Has anyone seen the new Central Florida uniform and completed helmets yet? I know at the press conference that the coach held up the jersey and said the rest of the uniform had not arrived.

a bit ago they released some renderings of the uni. if i remember right the jersey was the same but they added black pants. the new helmet being a combination of the 2 concepts they had

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

a bit ago they released some renderings of the uni. if i remember right the jersey was the same but they added black pants. the new helmet being a combination of the 2 concepts they had

Yea. About the best glimpse you can get of them is on UCF's new football schedule/poster. Can't see the sides, but you get the idea.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Archived