Awesome Sports Logos

Hey guys, you guys are always great about feedback whether it's positive or critical. We just launched a new logo and wanted to get your thoughts. We have two versions with the same basic logo, the California Crazy Eights and the spanish version, the California Ocho Locos. We thought Ocho Locos was a cool sounding name. I would love feedback on the font and the actual logo. I didn't want to show it on our t-shirts because I didn't want people to think that it's the only reason I'm on here. I really love sports logos and you guys provide great feedback and I love commenting on other logos. Let me know your thoughts and as always, I really appreciate any feedback.

png-230x280.png

Really cool name/mascot. (although, 9 is the more common numeral for baseball... innings, position players, lineup)

My two thoughts are I think the logo is a little dark. From a distance or small scale you wont see any of the white detail and it would look like a black silouette. And my other thought is the wordmark is a little too busy. That font is great for a 1 or 2 letter secondary/cap logo. But it think its a little too interesting for a full wormark, especially one surrounding the logo. It takes away from the logo rather than enhancing it.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Like goforbroke said, a lot of detail at such a small size. It could stand to be simplified a lot. The intricate detail with the tentacles and the lack of detail in the head area don't match up at all.

And "Crazy Eights" in Spanish is "Ochos Locos."

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Thanks for the feedback guys, I really appreciate it. Goforbroke, I do like the nine. I was trying to figure out what sport to go with and liked the concept of one of the arms wrapped around a baseball. I'm sure I could switch out the font. You are right, 9 certainly has more meanings in baseball. To answer your questions seancarter, we're actually going to stick with the black and white for our t-shirts. I just don't want to post a pic with the t-shirt because I was accused of using this site to sell so I provided a link so if someone wants to look, they can. To me, it's the kind of logo that I could see on the back of a biker jacket as weird as that sounds for a sports logo. Color suggestions are always appreciated. SC49erfan15, thanks for the feedback. The name Ocho Locos or Ochos Locos seems to be open to interpretation but I'm going to check with more people. The consensus was Ocho Locos but I'll ask again.

Guys, I really appreciate the feedback!!

Archived