Logos and uniforms that have run their course

kajeet

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AllStarCoreyPerryImage2.jpg

I loved these uniforms when they came out. However, they've grown stale on me and I think they could really use an update. I don't think a complete blowup is necessary, but using the "D" as the stand-alone crest and embracing orange a bit more would go a long way.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

AllStarCoreyPerryImage2.jpg

I loved these uniforms when they came out. However, they've grown stale on me and I think they could really use an update. I don't think a complete blowup is necessary, but using the "D" as the stand-alone crest and embracing orange a bit more would go a long way.

As a Ducks fan I'm still bitter about this general look. Or rather I'm in a weird love-hate thing with it, leaning more towards the latter. At this point I'm eagerly awaiting the day they ditch the script and go webfoot D fulltime. It's served its purpose of spelling out the team's new name and its sendoff is long overdue.

Weirdly I like how it looked on the 2006-07 jerseys better than the current ones, even though it's not really that much different. Oh well.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Bland color scheme, overpiped, overdesigned, with ugly side panels that don't match the pants stripes and a cluttered, overly-outlined version of Northwestern's old number font.

I agree with everything except the bolded part. The side panels match up really well with the pants stripe (as long as they wear blue/gray and white/blue which they almost always do). But the uniforms still aren't very good. They are way too cluttered and busy.

jNTsTyQ.png

These never had staying power. No logo; the 90s asymmetrical striping. Just uninspired all around. Though thankfully they are the "Anaheim Ducks" rather than the "Mighty Ducks of Anaheim."

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I feel that this may be one of the best examples for this thread:

m2leygieeoy40t46n1qqv0550.gif

Even this version of the logo isn't terrible--it has character (representing the location), but this is the logo's 3rd iteration. Not to mention everything else that the Jazz have, identity-wise, is the recolored note logo. Time to let this logo out to pasture.

Of course, if I had any say in the team's look, I'd try to blend the two identities (think note logo with mountains on the ball or something like that or an updated note logo/wordmark in front of mountains)--but that's a topic for another day.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

It's impossible for this not to be another hate thread.

Probably. But it should not have to be. For example, I dislike the Timberwolves uniforms, but I don't think they've "run their course". I'm just pissed about the move away from green. On the other hand, while I liked the Twins pinstriped road jerseys, I think they had run their course by the time they were ditched.

This is my unpopular opinion based on another thread but:

I feel that the campy dolphin with a helmet ran its course a long time ago...I think they could do better than the rumored/leaked logo, but it's an improvement.

I also feel this identity has done that:

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

I'm all for a new Broncos logo, although the current logo isn't all that bad. But for the love of god, can we stop trying to put the current bronco into a D! It's never worked, and it's never going to work. If you want to put a horse in a D you have to come up with a whole new horse design in order for it to work, and even then it still probably wouldn't work.

jNTsTyQ.png

Also...

hi-res-5978082_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

These uniforms ran their course when the tree-trimmed collar and any traces of green were removed. They really shouldn't have changed the look they had before the switch to Rev30, and I'd gladly welcome that back.

113698414_crop_650x440.jpg?1304572853

I see this look as the NBA version of those Patriots uniforms I posted. Overpiped, awkward design, poor choice in font. Switching the primary road uniforms from navy to light blue was a nice refresh for a while, but really, the Mavs just need a whole new look.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I also feel this identity has done that:

th_MilwaukeeBrewers_PMK1a_2012_SCC_SRGB.png

YES! I'd feel underwhelmed by a return to 1982-sans-pullovers (though ecstatic to get powder blue back), but there is way too much wrong with the current identity... the half-droptails, the unnecessary dropshadows upon dropshadows, the MS Word sock font numbers... it's all way too minor-leaguish for a big league club [insert snarky joke about the Brewers playing like a MiLB club].

Also...

These uniforms ran their course when the tree-trimmed collar and any traces of green were removed. They really shouldn't have changed the look they had before the switch to Rev30, and I'd gladly welcome that back.

I see this look as the NBA version of those Patriots uniforms I posted. Overpiped, awkward design, poor choice in font. Switching the primary road uniforms from navy to light blue was a nice refresh for a while, but really, the Mavs just need a whole new look.

T-Wolves: While I agree with your criticism, I don't know that a look can "run its course" immediately upon release.

Mavs: Abso-freaking-lutely. I cannot believe I did not think of this when I made my post. Actually, this blue one in your photo is the best of the bunch. The dark and white jerseys are so devoid of vividness (is that a word?) that whatever appeal they had at the outset (none, to me) should have worn off by now.

Both teams should get some brightness back...so do it Dallas; and the T-Wolves are sure to follow suit.

POTD (Shared)

Archived