Logos and uniforms that have run their course

kajeet

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cannot think of any other ApexOne (Apex1?) attrocities aside from MN and IA and the one time Cowboys/Niners Wisconsin uniform. Did they get creative with anyone else?

By the way, I know we struggled to find a decent picture of the Wisconsin one-off, but here's one. I guess it was Starter:

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

EDIT: It's a bit of a '90s 49ers modernization of the Steelers... sort of:

l.jpg

tavianbanks.jpg

Ah...Tavian Banks. I remember him. The good ole' days, watching him and Tim Dwight darting around those fields like some wild mice. Speedy little bastards, especially Dwight.

502007e9e2dbc.preview-620.jpg

Alright...just what is up with #13 there?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Because of the Nike and ever shrinking jersey templates, its time to change the Steelers sleeve stripes.

Mike+Wallace+Pittsburgh+Steelers+v+New+York+CvuBbylrGbnl.jpg

They should even consider moving the stripes up like Iowa... and maybe putting a black swoosh in the middle. I assume the Steelers can't move their stripes up like Iowa because of where the swoosh must be placed on NFL uniforms

hi-res-5708214_crop_650x440.jpg?1345863429

As much as i hate Iowa, they've kept that look going a lot better than the steelers have.

Part of it is because they don't need to worry about putting the Nike logo on the sleeve

Can't they just put the swoosh in the stripes?

Other teams have done that. Pittsburgh did that when they wore Starter. So it can be done now.

I don't think a company (especially Nike) would want their logo to 'blend' in with a part of the uniform. They want their logo to stand out.

220505_display_image.jpg?1295591739

I've never understood why they chose to put the M's right next to each other on the chest so it reads as M M. Would've gotten the same effect with the M's on the sleeves.

They were "throwback" uniforms for college football's 125th anniversary. They both stayed for 2 years before being replaced.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I've never understood why they chose to put the M's right next to each other on the chest so it reads as M M. Would've gotten the same effect with the M's on the sleeves.

They were "throwback" uniforms for college football's 125th anniversary. They both stayed for 2 years before being replaced.

How the heck were those considered 'throwbacks'?

By the way, I know we struggled to find a decent picture of the Wisconsin one-off, but here's one. I guess it was Starter:

502007e9e2dbc.preview-620.jpg

Good find.

That pic doesn't show off the fantastic numbers to their full effect:

122900ac_lg.jpeg

967363307_1fa08d389f_o.jpg

I kind of liked this one off jersey as well, but they were linked to the bad loss sustained by Wisconsin while wearing them. It's yet another case, whether short term or long term, of bad timing of a logo or uniform. Another example was the time Nebraska went solid red in a big game versus Oklahoma, but lost. Conversely, a logo or uniform can be elevated in the minds of some because of the success during a specific period of time.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived