Logos and uniforms that have run their course

kajeet

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

White pants, I agree with you.

But I think the rest of the Bucs' set has aged pretty well. Good move to avoid the silly custom numbers, which seem to age a uniform quickly.

Exactly, the white pants do not belong at all.

Staying in the state, the Jaguars new uniforms have already grown old to me, they should return to the ones they had before which are these:

Jacksonville-Jaguars-vs-Tampa-Bay-Buccaneers1.jpg

512x.jpg

Poorly designed, boring, imbalanced, you name it. This look has already run its course and it was just introduced a couple years ago.

The ones before this (with the depressing dark red and horrific numbers) are the ones that had really run their course. These are two small moves from perfect. Move the three stripes up on the sleeve, and repeat them on the socks, and it's perfect. Classic before, classic now.

White pants, I agree with you.

But I think the rest of the Bucs' set has aged pretty well. Good move to avoid the silly custom numbers, which seem to age a uniform quickly.

Exactly, the white pants do not belong at all.

Staying in the state, the Jaguars new uniforms have already grown old to me, they should return to the ones they had before which are these:

Jacksonville-Jaguars-vs-Tampa-Bay-Buccaneers1.jpg

I was actually thinking the same thing. These are actually really solid uniforms, I hope they stick with the same concept for the new ones.

512x.jpg

Poorly designed, boring, imbalanced, you name it. This look has already run its course and it was just introduced a couple years ago.

The ones before this (with the depressing dark red and horrific numbers) are the ones that had really run their course. These are two small moves from perfect. Move the three stripes up on the sleeve, and repeat them on the socks, and it's perfect. Classic before, classic now.

I like them, except for the gray facemask. I don't know why, but it bugs me. I also prefer them to bring back the white cleats from the Montana/Rice days.

512x.jpg

and they need to drop the flat khaki pants. Go with the metallic sheen fabric they used before the redesign but with the current stripes.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• 3 weeks later...

NBA

Raptors: That logo and those jerseys had run their course when they were still purple. Their identity needs a complete overhaul. I wouldn't even be opposed to a name change. Raptors is really dumb and cartoonish. Maybe I just don't take them seriously because they've never had any prolonged success, but still.

Pistons: Keep the red, white, and blue, but change the uniforms. Now's as good as time as any to get new jerseys and retire the current ones, and let them be remembered as the 2004 title uniforms.

Nuggets: Yellow and powder blue sucks, and they've been using that lame wordmark since the early 90s. Update please.

Grizzlies: Grizzlies is one of the few ferocious animal team names that I like. Memphis Grizzlies rolls off the tounge nicely. But other than that everything about their current identity blows.

NBA

Raptors: That logo and those jerseys had run their course when they were still purple. Their identity needs a complete overhaul. I wouldn't even be opposed to a name change. Raptors is really dumb and cartoonish. Maybe I just don't take them seriously because they've never had any prolonged success, but still.

Pistons: Keep the red, white, and blue, but change the uniforms. Now's as good as time as any to get new jerseys and retire the current ones, and let them be remembered as the 2004 title uniforms.

Nuggets: Yellow and powder blue sucks, and they've been using that lame wordmark since the early 90s. Update please.

Grizzlies: Grizzlies is one of the few ferocious animal team names that I like. Memphis Grizzlies rolls off the tounge nicely. But other than that everything about their current identity blows.

I've always liked the current Raptors uniform (even when it was introduced as purple). Very clean. I can agree with you on the primary (rarely used) logo and chances are they'll re-brand entirely in a few years to something more "Toronto".

As for the rest...I'll just say that the Celtics, Nets, Bulls, Pistons, Lakers, Heat, Magic, and Spurs have great identities (logos + uniforms) and in my opinion need not be touched.

I'd tweak the Knicks (don't care for the light blue/grey clash on the logo), Pacers (great logo; uniforms are "too modern"), Trailblazers (gaudy primary logo; just simplify it and keep the uniforms), and Raptors (mentioned above: drop the primary).

The rest of the league...needs work (most glaring is the Bucks...just blow it up and try again). Not that every team will go "classic" since the more change and experimentation = more $$$, but I do believe teams should consider taking the Brooklyn route -- emphasize the city more than the mascot.

Those were the jerseys worn in the Patriots' first Super Bowl appearance. Yes, it was a 46-10 curbstomping by the Bears, but still.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Why can't we bring back the Bucco Bruce uni's as a full time look? I love those uniforms.

Because they're awful. AWFUL.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Those were the jerseys worn in the Patriots' first Super Bowl appearance. Yes, it was a 46-10 curbstomping by the Bears, but still.

Exactly. They won jack crap.

Well the Lamar Hunt Trophy is... something.

Why can't we bring back the Bucco Bruce uni's as a full time look? I love those uniforms.

Because they're awful. AWFUL.

No. The logo was uninspiring, but the uniforms were great.

Yes, they were. Many loved them (including me...obviously), and they were smart enough to cash in on them (see what I did there?) by reviving them as alternates, as a bone to the nostaljacks such as myself.

And that's ALL they should be...alternates.

The Buccaneers have and, since '97, have had one of the strongest brand identities, if not THE strongest, in the NFL, and they'd basically be fools to abandon it now. A tweak or three, maybe? Sure—but that's about as far as that should go.

(On another note, whoever put that Buccaneers uniform graphic together put all the helmet logos on backwards...what the eff?)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived