Logos and uniforms that have run their course

kajeet

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looked better (like most NBA uniforms) before the Rev30 switch, when they had their own number font (instead of ripping off the Pacers' font) with a drop shadow to match the wordmark:

rnIqH.jpg

Still looks dated from the Early 2000s.

No reusing current logo or any old logo's, time for a new look completly (well red can still be a color)

And their court is beyond bland.

Cincinnati Bengals. . . .When I was younger and that design came out, I really liked it, oddly. But now that I'm older, I see why the uniforms were so wrong. It's just a few deficiencies about them that need to be eliminated to be a clean set.

Even if they cleaned up everything wrong with the current ones (font, random side panels, maybe the pant stripe), they still wouldn't look better than this.

121597dilloncowboys_500x431.jpg

It begs for a custom font, but other than that you wouldn't have to change a thing.

You captured another one in that picture... the Cowboys are a well-documented case of a uniform past its expiration date. Or at least the mismatched white ones are.

So many of these were fine before color tweaks that almost immediately rendered them past their primes... Raptors, Wolves... even Dolphins.

I think the Blackhawks throwback alt was one for me that seemed cool at the time of its release, but ultimately ran its course, and surprisingly was shelved at about just the right time.

Cincinnati Bengals. . . .When I was younger and that design came out, I really liked it, oddly. But now that I'm older, I see why the uniforms were so wrong. It's just a few deficiencies about them that need to be eliminated to be a clean set.

Even if they cleaned up everything wrong with the current ones (font, random side panels, maybe the pant stripe), they still wouldn't look better than this.

It begs for a custom font, but other than that you wouldn't have to change a thing.

It's really nice of the Cowboys to let #56 play even though he was born without legs. :Oo:

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

In my honest opinion....

Sports-Teams~Denver-Broncos~~element92.jpg

They need a revamp

Something like this would be cool.

broncos-cpt.gif

or...

il_570xN.381424644_1anv.jpg

The Broncos existing logo is fine, I don't see any reason to update it. The full bodied horse in the D looks more like something a College team would use, and perhaps not really befitting of the modern NFL.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

ej4v6a8q5w5gegtf7ilqbhoz7.gif

The Rockies' logo just screams 1995. And they need new uniforms too. With more purple. They're the sole owners of purple in the league yet they wear black caps, white pinstripes, black vests, and ONE purple jersey. It's ridiculous.

Except when the D-Backs bring out their throwbacks. I agree with everything else.

You guys keep posting the wrong Bengals set. The jersey prior to that (with vertical shoulder striping and TV numbers on the sleeves) is the one they need to revert back to. That pointless tiger on the sleeves just muddles it up.

I used to hold the Corey Dillon uniforms over the Super Bowl uniforms as my favorite, but I'm starting to swing the other way. The Dillon uniforms look fantastic and are an all-time top 10, but I love the orange socks of the Super Bowl uniforms and they already have tiger stripes on the helmets, pants, and shoulder loops, do they really need the tiger logo (great logo, wish they'd bring him back) to drive home that this team is named after tigers? No. The super bowl era uniforms took the theme to the edge without crossing it.

Also, I kinda look at shoulder loops as a way of showcasing and/or housing the sleeve numbers. If you put the numbers on the shoulders, essentially "outside" of the shoulder loops, then you sorta defeat the purpose of shoulder loops. Might as well make 'em sleeve stripes. It's not a huge issue for me, I just prefer sleeve numbers with UCLA style stripes (ala the Colts) over looks like Minnesota's old road uniforms, Bengals' dillon uniforms, St. Louis and Carolina's current uniforms.

What I wouldn't mind seeing is the orange socks and sleeve numbers from the super bowl uniforms with the simpler, stream-lined stripes from the Dillon uniforms. That would be perfect.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Except when the D-Backs bring out their throwbacks. I agree with everything else.

That's true. I forgot about that. Colorado's due for a complete rebranding though. Last year's new road uni was a step in the right direction. I'd love to see that same template for their purple jersey but with white trim. I think it'd look pretty good.

Because of the Nike and ever shrinking jersey templates, its time to change the Steelers sleeve stripes.

Mike+Wallace+Pittsburgh+Steelers+v+New+York+CvuBbylrGbnl.jpg

They should even consider moving the stripes up like Iowa... and maybe putting a black swoosh in the middle. I assume the Steelers can't move their stripes up like Iowa because of where the swoosh must be placed on NFL uniforms

hi-res-5708214_crop_650x440.jpg?1345863429

90758391980.gif

As a Vikings fan, I definitely have a love/hate relationship with their current uniforms. Sometimes I think they just look so good, while other times I'm almost disgusted with them. I'd say they already look dated, they were definitely trying too hard when they came up with them, and it's time for something new (or old).

hi-res-154762686_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

Untitled.png

No, a custom font would push it over the edge to clownish, just as it did with the Chargers. That uniform is great because it's in a traditional football template, with all the craziness happening within the constraints of the striping sections of said template. That makes it a classic football uniform, that the absurdity of tiger stripes is offset by an otherwise traditional template and a strong block font. A custom font on that jersey would greatly detract from the look.

And as others have said, the tiger logo on the sleeves is overkill. The Super Bowl set was better with the sleeve numbers.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived