kajeet

Logos and uniforms that have run their course

Its fine to hate teal, but when the Jags moved to their current set they adopted a lesser uniform. The original jerseys stood out. When I see them now I confuse them with Baltimore. Maybe if they went with gold helmets and pants based on the logo they'd have a look that's theirs alone.

I can't wait to see what Nike has in store for them next year.

The Patriots had no choice but to change their logo when the team was awful with different rumors of the team moving on a weekly basis. When this logo came out, it was new and different. No longer the case. This logo needs an update and bad.

newenglandpatriotslogo.png

This logo went from a fresh look in the 1990's to today's thought of, "I didn't realize that Elvis was such a revolutionary war fan" becaus that's now what I think of. What's interesting is the huge comeback of the old logo, "Pat Patriot" up in New England. It's everywhere and the Pats make sure for at least one game a year that they bring back the jerseys and helmets. I think it's time for an update.

I know it will be very unpopular among raider fans, but I wouldn't mind modernizing the logo slightly and or making an update to the uniform.

For me personally everything about the current look is associated with Al and with that era now over, years of losing, it's time for a slight change. I understand the logo, look is the mystic but that hasn't existed for years now.

The Patriots had no choice but to change their logo when the team was awful with different rumors of the team moving on a weekly basis. When this logo came out, it was new and different. No longer the case. This logo needs an update and bad.

This logo went from a fresh look in the 1990's to today's thought of, "I didn't realize that Elvis was such a revolutionary war fan" becaus that's now what I think of. What's interesting is the huge comeback of the old logo, "Pat Patriot" up in New England. It's everywhere and the Pats make sure for at least one game a year that they bring back the jerseys and helmets. I think it's time for an update.

This logo still looks good. I just realized that this logo is 20 years old. Dosent seem like it.

I know it will be very unpopular among raider fans, but I wouldn't mind modernizing the logo slightly and or making an update to the uniform.

For me personally everything about the current look is associated with Al and with that era now over, years of losing, it's time for a slight change. I understand the logo, look is the mystic but that hasn't existed for years now.

I'm not sure how the Raider logo could be modernized, but the uniform could be updated while remaining faithful to the winning tradition of that franchise. I'd like to see the helmet logo also appear on each hip, with the stripe starting after the bottom of the logo.

Looks fine and well-aged to me....

I'm not sure how the Raider logo could be modernized, but the uniform could be updated while remaining faithful to the winning tradition of that franchise. I'd like to see the helmet logo also appear on each hip, with the stripe starting after the bottom of the logo.

I wouldn't mind an updated facial expression and or the helmet that's in the logo. Keep it true to what it is but make It more modern. Last year was a perfect time for Mark Davis to start something new but it isn't too late yet either.

I wouldn't mind an updated facial expression and or the helmet that's in the logo. Keep it true to what it is but make It more modern. Last year was a perfect time for Mark Davis to start something new but it isn't too late yet either.

Don't see it ever happening, but I wouldn't mind seeing a silver jersey for the Raiders. Teamed with the silver pants it would be a different look, sharper than the grey uniform rolled out by Seattle.

Because of the Nike and ever shrinking jersey templates, its time to change the Steelers sleeve stripes.

Mike+Wallace+Pittsburgh+Steelers+v+New+York+CvuBbylrGbnl.jpg

They should even consider moving the stripes up like Iowa... and maybe putting a black swoosh in the middle. I assume the Steelers can't move their stripes up like Iowa because of where the swoosh must be placed on NFL uniforms

hi-res-5708214_crop_650x440.jpg?1345863429

As much as i hate Iowa, they've kept that look going a lot better than the steelers have.

The Browns have introduced numerous logos over the course of their existence and none of them have stuck. What else do you want them to try?

A Big Brown B maybe?

Because of the Nike and ever shrinking jersey templates, its time to change the Steelers sleeve stripes.

They should even consider moving the stripes up like Iowa... and maybe putting a black swoosh in the middle. I assume the Steelers can't move their stripes up like Iowa because of where the swoosh must be placed on NFL uniforms

As much as i hate Iowa, they've kept that look going a lot better than the steelers have.

Part of it is because they don't need to worry about putting the Nike logo on the sleeve

Part of it is because they don't need to worry about putting the Nike logo on the sleeve

Can't they just put the swoosh in the stripes?

The success of the Patriots with this logo has made it instantly recognizable. Even non-football fans know that's the NE Patriots. At this point, it's a modern classic and cannot and should not be changed.

Can't they just put the swoosh in the stripes?

Other teams have done that. Pittsburgh did that when they wore Starter. So it can be done now.

Iowa did abandon the Steelers jersey look for a few seasons in the 1990s. The jersey had striping from shoulder to shoulder, with either Iowa or Hawkeyes right below. The pants also had this different striping, and except for the helmet, the uniform looked anything but a copy of the Steelers.

Iowa did abandon the Steelers jersey look for a few seasons in the 1990s. The jersey had striping from shoulder to shoulder, with either Iowa or Hawkeyes right below. The pants also had this different striping, and except for the helmet, the uniform looked anything but a copy of the Steelers.

I liked that look and wish they'd kept it because it differentiated them from the Steelers and because I thought it mixed the yellow in better.

Looks fine and well-aged to me....

It does look fine for being twenty years old and I don't see no need to change. Heck if they did, people would want them to return to Patriot Pat and that logo is too old to return.

Oh yeah. That's the one he's referring to. Well that was an amusing effort out of Apex 1. The one I posted came out after that, I think. And that's the one I wish they'd kept. Apex one also came out with the following beaut for Minnesota:

I liked that look and wish they'd kept it because it differentiated them from the Steelers and because I thought it mixed the yellow in better.

dmrdc5-5wnf1jdf4pggu04ip0_layout-e1334606984624-150x150.jpg

I'm guessing he's talking about the second one posted, with the Apex "wings," but I liked this one best for Iowa, too. It's still built off the Steelers look, but isn't an exact copy. Not the best picture, but the stripes have the tigerhawk over them. Don't mind the large Iowa in the front either. There are some issues with the gold and white bleeding, but in the places where gold outlines white it looks good. The white jersey looked very good in this style, IMO.

EDIT: It's a bit of a '90s 49ers modernization of the Steelers... sort of:

l.jpg

tavianbanks.jpg