2013 NCAA FOOTBALL THREAD

LETSGOBLUEBEATMSU

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If NDSU was FBS, they'd probably be a Top 25 team.

They're simply too good for FCS, I don't think it's fair for anyone else.

You play with the hand you're dealt in FCS. And the athletic department can't even afford the MAC. Remember-Summit League school.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

If NDSU was FBS, they'd probably be a Top 25 team.

They're simply too good for FCS, I don't think it's fair for anyone else.

You play with the hand you're dealt in FCS. And the athletic department can't even afford the MAC. Remember-Summit League school.

Exactly.

In addition, NDSU is losing their head coach (plus an untold number of football staff) to Wyoming and 24 seniors.

When you cannot come close to pay what Wyoming pays, you best stay in your own lane.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/279951/

This will be an interesting next six months for them as a department.

He's going to Texas. Count on it.

:vaderandluke:

And he will - the next time Alabama plays A&M at A&M. :P

Win some, lose some. I'm looking at the bright side, by missing the mark on Saban, I just made Kramerica's Christmas at least 17% more enjoyable. Not to mention, you're finally right about something, Hedley. It's a banner day for you. B)

Between you and Herbstreit, you OSU alums don't have a good track record on big-name SEC coaches leaving for other schools. :)

Guess it was Jameis after all, and who called it?

Really went out on a limb there champ.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10138466/mack-brown-resigns-coach-texas-longhorns

Its official.let the madness begin, what will they do with out saban??

Earlier this week on the Dan Patrick Show, he said Mike Tomlin, Urban Meyer, and Jim Harbaugh were rumored to be on the list for Texas. I could see Meyer possibly leaving Ohio State to take the Texas job. Harbaugh? I suppose it's not the craziest idea, but why would he leave a Super Bowl contender to take a college gig? After looking like an idiot by all but guaranteeing Saban was headed to Texas, I'm not going to say Mike Tomlin is out of the question, but I can't imagine he'd leave one of the premier coaching jobs in the NFL to go coach a college team.

BB52Big.jpg

Harbaugh has stopped discussion on an extension with SF until the off season. He really seems as a guy who flames out like Vermeil and his young kids with a second wife may prove that out.

I really don't think they will hire one of us brothas,nor should one take that job after this. Private schools and the secondary public university football (Sparty,Okie St.,NMSU, Houston,Miss St.,East Carolina) hires black. Kansas is the exception with both Ron Prince at K State and Turner Gill.

Even with LHN and new tv money,Texas still needs to hire a new hoops coach after Rick Barnes,so that gig can go to a black coach.

James Franklin is seen as prime while he still has a losing in-conference record and Vandy started winning when he got players who like to rape.

I don't see Shaw as a mover,but all coaches love challenges.

It would suck for Vanderbilt, but if Texas were smart....they'd give James Franklin a long look.

Granted, it's been a while, but I don't remember Texas being as gung-ho about having someone from the family tree like Alabama and Tennessee and Michigan like to search for.

It would suck for Vanderbilt, but if Texas were smart....they'd give James Franklin a long look.

Granted, it's been a while, but I don't remember Texas being as gung-ho about having someone from the family tree like Alabama and Tennessee and Michigan like to search for.

Looking at the current batch of Regents (all white and just 1 woman)and how they tried to remove Bill Powers after he was elected tok can chair the AAU, it is hard for me to think they would hire James Franklin after a year of courting Saban.

Look for Mike Gundy to listen as he talked to Tennessee even with Boone Pickens $$$ at Oklahoma State.

Mack is only 62, where will he end up or will the exit money be too much?

Mack is only 62, where will he end up or will the exit money be too much?

Corner office sinecure position in the Texas athletic department most likely. His portfolio will consist of fund raising.

That's probably because the current family tree has 1) perfected the horizontal office, 2) led Florida to its worst season in decades, 3) sleeps around, 4) can't stop a running QB to save its life, or 5) Is Greg Robinson.

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived