2013 NCAA FOOTBALL THREAD

LETSGOBLUEBEATMSU

The AP poll should be out pn Saturday as they have been published on the third Saturday in August for the last few years.

FOX schedule throught Sept. 14:

http://sportsmediajournal.com/2013/08/14/fox-college-football-schedule-through-mid-september/

Full CBS Sports Network schedule:

http://sportsmediajournal.com/2013/08/14/college-football-on-cbs-sports-network/

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way, I'd still like to see the part of the thread that better shows U of Florida's changes since I couldn't find better photos than the ones I posted. Thanks.

I think you mean to look at the "Sports Logos" section as all the uniforms are updated there. For the most part, this is for the game itself.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/90666-college-football-2013-season/page-180#entry2063706

Whoops....my mistake! Thanks!

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Sports Illustrated's Pre-Season Top 25

1. Alabama

2. Stanford

3. Texas A&M

4. Ohio State

5. Oregon

6. South Carolina

7. Louisville

8. Notre Dame

9. Florida

10. Clemson

11. Texas

12. Georgia

13. Florida State

14. LSU

15. Michigan State

16. TCU

17. Baylor

18. Michigan

19. Oklahoma

20. Boise State

21. UCLA

22. Northwestern

23. Vanderbilt

24. Northern Illinois

25. Virginia

Here's some of my nitpicks on the list:

• Virginia shouldn't be in the Top 25. Fresno State should be at that spot. Fresno has a top tier QB in Derek Carr and I think they can crash the BCS especially if they beat Boise State (x2).
  • Michigan State is a bit overrated. They're good, but I don't know how they win the Legends division against teams like Michigan, Nebraska, and Northwestern.
  • Louisville is ranked perfectly within the 7-10 range. They're good enough to go undefeated through that weak schedule but they probably slip up against Cincinnati.
  • I would swap Ohio State and Stanford in the rankings. Also with Texas and LSU.
  • My biggest complaint is that Oklahoma State is not in the poll. This team is just lethal on offense and they have the horses to run the table in the Big XII.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

• My biggest complaint is that Oklahoma State is not in the poll. This team is just lethal on offense and they have the horses to run the table in the Big XII.

Essentially a new starting QB in Clint Chelf.

EDIT (8/ 24/13): Gundy will split snaps, so there IS no #1 QB. Done to keep either Chelf or Walsh from transferring before Labor Day.

New OC.

New DC.

Most importantly, the Cowboys are more dependent on turnover margin more than most because they give up so much yardage and will continue to gamble in the secondary.

1. Alabama

2. Stanford

3. Texas A&M

4. Ohio State

5. Oregon

6. South Carolina

7. Louisville

8. Notre Dame

9. Florida

10. Clemson

11. Texas

12. Georgia

13. Florida State

14. LSU

15. Michigan State

16. TCU

17. Baylor

18. Michigan

19. Oklahoma

20. Boise State

21. UCLA

22. Northwestern

23. Vanderbilt

24. Northern Illinois

25. Virginia

Well as much as I like to see UVA in the top 25, looking at the schedule, its gonna have to take a lot of work to get there, but it does my heart well to not see Virginia Tech on this list. It's about time they were seen for the sham of a football program powerhouse that people have claimed that they are.

baltimoreravens.png

AP Preseason Poll

1. Alabama (58)

2. Ohio State (1)

3. Oregon

4. Stanford

5. Georgia (1)

6. South Carolina

7. Texas A&M

8. Clemson

9. Louisville

10. Florida

11. Florida State

12. LSU

13. Oklahoma State

14. Notre Dame

15. Texas

16. Oklahoma

17. Michigan

18. Nebraska

19. Boise State

20. TCU

21. UCLA

22. Northwestern

23. Wisconsin

24. Southern Cal

25. Oregon State

Others receiving votes: Michigan St. 95, Baylor 92, Virginia Tech 86, Miami 85, Arizona St. 53, Kansas St. 43, Fresno St. 36, Vanderbilt 19, Washington 17, Northern Illinois 16, Mississippi 11, Utah St. 8, Georgia Tech 6, Arizona 3, Cincinnati 3, North Carolina 3, Penn St. 2, BYU 1.

AP Preseason Poll

1. Alabama (58)

2. Ohio State (1)

3. Oregon

4. Stanford

5. Georgia (1)

6. South Carolina

7. Texas A&M

8. Clemson

9. Louisville

10. Florida

11. Florida State

12. LSU

13. Oklahoma State

14. Notre Dame

15. Texas

16. Oklahoma

17. Michigan

18. Nebraska

19. Boise State

20. TCU

21. UCLA

22. Northwestern

23. Wisconsin

24. Southern Cal

25. Oregon State

Others receiving votes: Michigan St. 95, Baylor 92, Virginia Tech 86, Miami 85, Arizona St. 53, Kansas St. 43, Fresno St. 36, Vanderbilt 19, Washington 17, Northern Illinois 16, Mississippi 11, Utah St. 8, Georgia Tech 6, Arizona 3, Cincinnati 3, North Carolina 3, Penn St. 2, BYU 1.

Woohoo! Penn State picking up 2 pity votes!

1. Alabama

2. Stanford

3. Texas A&M

4. Ohio State

5. Oregon

6. South Carolina

7. Louisville

8. Notre Dame

9. Florida

10. Clemson

11. Texas

12. Georgia

13. Florida State

14. LSU

15. Michigan State

16. TCU

17. Baylor

18. Michigan

19. Oklahoma

20. Boise State

21. UCLA

22. Northwestern

23. Vanderbilt

24. Northern Illinois

25. Virginia

Well as much as I like to see UVA in the top 25, looking at the schedule, its gonna have to take a lot of work to get there, but it does my heart well to not see Virginia Tech on this list. It's about time they were seen for the sham of a football program powerhouse that people have claimed that they are.

Virginia actually isn't in the Top 25, It's VIRGINIA TECH!!! Someone must've screwed up, but at least in my issue VT is #25

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Who's the dude that gave Georgia a first place vote?

The lone first place vote for Georgia came from Glenn Guilbeau (a LSU writer who works for Gannett). Glenn also has Florida State as his #3.

The lone first place vote for Ohio State came from Bob Asmussen (Champaign, IL's "News-Gazette"). Asmussen had South Carolina as his #3.

NOTE: If Manziel is suspended before the season, the AP allows writers to adjust their preseason ballot. The writers were allowed to do so last year when Tyrann Mathieu was kicked off the team.

Archived