2013 NCAA FOOTBALL THREAD

LETSGOBLUEBEATMSU

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time for all the Alabama "fans" around the country to jump off the bandwagon.

Thought they hoped on the Auburn wagon as soon as the Tigers-Seminoles matchup was finalized.

Because SEC! SEC! SEC!!!

Well, this LSU alum could care less about all that "SEC!SEC!" Malarkey. I ALWAYS cheer against Bama and was happy as a clam to see the Sooners win.

Likewise. Just substitute LSU with Florida, and we're on the exact same boat.

spacer.png

So would this make the BCS favorites 0 for 3?

Eat your heart out Vegas.

Only fools and addicts bet on non-NCG Bowl games. Would you bet on an NFL exhibition game? Because that's what you're effectively doing here.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Last night's game was incredible from start to finish.

Oklahoma looked like the best team in the nation for a majority of the game last night...on offense and defense. That hurry up offense was being ran to perfection and pairing that with the highly aggressive defensive scheme that the Sooners brought...I don't think Bama ever saw it coming. That was the most I have seen that Bama offense "shook" all season long.

The overall difference was Oklahoma taking Bama out of their power game and removing their ability to control the clock. Once Alabama's backs were to the wall and the Sooners showed they weren't going to give up, I could see the writing on the wall.

This is turning out to be my favorite bowl season ever, ironically. The matchups and turnouts have been nice for someone who looks forward to bowl season each year.

The only reason I was rooting for Bama was because I picked them in the Pick-em thread. However, I was glad to see Oklahoma win. I hope they're in the 4-team Playoff next season. They may have a chance at the title.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Maybe this will cool off the "fans" who have only been around as Alabama fans since JPW's last season. It's like I tell everyone who asks how long I've been an Alabama fan when they see me wearing my gear in the middle of Tar Heel country - if you can't remember Freddie Kitchens, Zow v. Watts, or your heart breaking for Tyrone Prothro when his leg broke, chances are you're just a bandwagoner. Even though the way the season ended was somewhat disappointing, going 11-2 with the poor CB play we had all season isn't anything to be devastated over.

UoA will have some interesting story lines next year :

• Has Derrick Henry (finally) passed Drake on the 2-deep at RB, and will he pass the TJ the fumbler Yeldon? (My prediction is yes and maybe.)
  • Who will win the Alec Morris (So.) v. Cooper Bateman (R-Fr.) v. Jake Del Rio (R-Fr.) v. David Cornwell (True Fr.) v. Blake Sims (Sr.) v. Parker McLeod (R-So.) QB battle? (My money would be on Bateman.)
  • Which true freshman might be starting at corner? (This was Alabama's greatest weakness this year IMO, Delon Belue just wasn't able to do the things Dre Kirkpatrick and Dee Milliner did. Cyrus Jones was lost at times. Eddie Jackson played like a true freshman who was in Saban's doghouse most of the season. Landon Collins and Ha-Ha had to make too many tackles for my liking all season.)
  • Finally, and being an Xs & Os type of viewer and kind of playing off the last question, the most interesting to me will be how Alabama adjusts to the HUNH offenses. This year Saban and Smart tried to play more soft zones with CJ Mosley or Adrian Hubbard acting as a spy. It obviously never really caught on with this group - partially because of the poor corner play since Belue and Jones bit on play fakes and were caught flat footed quite a few times, even last night. My guess that something might change, maybe more zone looks from the linebackers, man for the young corners, and the safeties playing closer to the line. I'm really not sure. Alabama might be getting help in this department since the "quick twitch" guys like Tomlinson and Da'Shawn Hand (Rivals #1 recruit) might get some playing time on the line and more space eaters will be able to rotate A'Shawn Robinson and Brandon Ivory out since there are 3 DTs coming in that are 300 lbs +.

Another thing I thought of last night was that maybe Saban and Smart should look to teams who play triple option teams and see what they do. Auburn basically runs the 2014 version of what teams like Georgia Southern, Army, Navy, and Georgia Tech run out there. If you can tweak what they do, maybe that can give some answers. However, from watching four triple option teams play App this season (Georgia Southern, Wofford, Citadel, and Charleston Southern), it basically comes down to players playing assignment football, not trying to do too much, and trusting your teammates to do their jobs.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

The only reason I was rooting for Bama was because I picked them in the Pick-em thread. However, I was glad to see Oklahoma win. I hope they're in the 4-team Playoff next season. They may have a chance at the title.

I wasn't worried about that because I figured everyone picked Alabama.

If I had a nickel for each time Millen has said "Buckaroo"... I swear everytime I hear Millen's voice, it's "Buckaroo something"

And Miller is still playing. The dude, yes is fighting, but he's obviously hurting. Hope he is OK.

If I had a nickel for each time Millen has said "Buckaroo" how much money would I have? I swear everytime I hear Millen's voice, it's "Buckaroo something"

And Miller is still playing. The dude, yes is fighting, but he's obviously hurting. Hope he is OK.

Lmao he said it again "he's gonna be a hurting Buckaroo tonight"

Letsgoblue.png

holland_hs_sig.pngHollandMichiganPNG_zps9365937b.png

EVERY play in college football is subject to automatic review. That was on display in the Cotton Bowl to an extreme. Which makes the decision to not review that play pretty hard to understand. No clear possession, at all. I was watching that game on my system with the Cotton Bowl on TV; when I saw the end of the play, I saw the ball on the ground and assumed incomplete. I was SHOCKED that it was not only a pick, but that it wasn't even reviewed.

spacer.png

EVERY play in college football is subject to automatic review. That was on display in the Cotton Bowl to an extreme. Which makes the decision to not review that play pretty hard to understand. No clear possession, at all. I was watching that game on my system with the Cotton Bowl on TV; when I saw the end of the play, I saw the ball on the ground and assumed incomplete. I was SHOCKED that it was not only a pick, but that it wasn't even reviewed.

Good to know. That does make the decision to resume play a bit strange, especially in a situation that huge.

I'm watching the post game on ESPN and had a good laugh when they asked Boyd what he had to do to win MVP. He thought he had it in the bag going 30-39, 6tds, and almost 400 yds but fortunately/unfortunately he was throwing to Sammy Watkins. LOL

Archived