2013 NCAA FOOTBALL THREAD

LETSGOBLUEBEATMSU

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Letsgoblue - Did he? I was working on the computer and listening, but he had to have said it 12 times in the last 5 minutes of the game. Oh well. Millen is out words I guess. lol.

Yeah the last INT should have been reviewed at the very least, but probably wouldn't have been overturned, but still should look at it a little longer than they did.

The officiating last night was terrible, as well as Matt Millen's "buckaroos" and his Ohio State bias. It's a shame because there was a great game in front of you too.

Now BCS, I'll hand it to you if the title was as good as this game, plus we got Herbie and Musburger so the commentating should be halfway decent, it's a serious upgrade from Matt Millen and Joe "don't call me Tess" Tesstidore.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

The officiating last night was terrible, as well as Matt Millen's "buckaroos" and his Ohio State bias. It's a shame because there was a great game in front of you too.

I'm glad you noticed that. Those American Conference refs were inexcusably bad. Now, imma go into conspiracy theorist mode, and argue that those referees had a bias against Clemson, or just the ACC in general, because of realignment , specifically taking Louisville, Pitt, and Syracuse. Or, they could just be bad officials. Just a thought.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Agreed on the "buckaroos" thing but if Matt Millen was "biased" towards Ohio State, I didn't notice it. Then again, people always think the announcers are biased towards the team they're rooting against. There are a lot of Ohio State fans who think every announcer in football hates Ohio State.

BB52Big.jpg

Agreed on the "buckaroos" thing but if Matt Millen was "biased" towards Ohio State, I didn't notice it. Then again, people always think the announcers are biased towards the team they're rooting against. There are a lot of Ohio State fans who think every announcer in football hates Ohio State.

Fair enough. Good points made.

I know many here are waiting for the BCS title game but I think GoDaddy.com Bowl tonight will be every bit of exciting as the title game.

No.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I know many here are waiting for the BCS title game but I think GoDaddy.com Bowl tonight will be every bit of exciting as the title game.

I think you're more excited about go daddy commercials than the game. Remember, they had a fat Napoleon dynamite make out with a supermodel, complete with sound effects.

But I'm sure the game will be a thriller.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

So what's the trophy going to be? A make-out session with Danica? With that Israeli model who besmooched that freckled, fat red-haired mofo during the Super Bowl last year?

I think you're more excited about go daddy commercials than the game. Remember, they had a fat Napoleon dynamite make out with a supermodel, complete with sound effects.

But I'm sure the game will be a thriller.

That commercial was frightening. Anyway, about the meaningless "insert corporate sponsor" bowl, it may be a close game but at the end of the day it is a Sun Belt team vs a MAC team.

You were right Jmac it was one hell of a game complete with a last second TD finish but it's still Arkansas State and Ball State. Oh, and sadly GoDaddy Bowl champions receive a trophy that is rather safe, if not totally unremarkable. I am disappointed. Do better GoDaddy.

I like that the championship game is at the Rose Bowl. First, the game looks better outside and second, I think the championship should be at an iconic venue. The Rose Bowl may be the most iconic.

Today's NCAA values corporate-profiting megastadias (Jerry's World, UoP Stadium, Levi's Stadium) over "iconic" venues. It's cute to think that the championship game should be held at a place like Pasadena, but money sells at the end of the day.

I like that the championship game is at the Rose Bowl. First, the game looks better outside and second, I think the championship should be at an iconic venue. The Rose Bowl may be the most iconic.

Today's NCAA values corporate-profiting megastadias (Jerry's World, UoP Stadium, Levi's Stadium) over "iconic" venues. It's cute to think that the championship game should be held at a place like Pasadena, but money sells at the end of the day.

Except that the Rose Bowl is in the rotation of semi-final games, and didn't apply to host the first playoff final because they wanted to see it play out first to gauge the economics of the whole thing before they applied?

If the Rose Bowl thinks it's worth it and applies, they'll host championship games.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Sorry to be a nitpicker, but the correct plural is "megastadia." :P

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Well, here it is.

As much as I hate to say it, I gotta root for the Noles, I gotta win the bowl pick-em' league somehow!

I think this is going to be a hell of a game, it might be as good as the last time they played this thing in the Rose Bowl.

I've never been more neutral in the title game.

Pretty nice looking matchup in this one too. I've always thought Auburn was one of the truly remarkable teams in all white, up there with Texas. And aside from the matte tan pants, the Noles have retained a great look throughout their history as well.

I HATE, HATE, HATE FSU's number font though. Their wordmark font from their PC set would be far and away much more suitable than this bubble font.

Midway.png

Archived