2013 NCAA FOOTBALL THREAD

LETSGOBLUEBEATMSU

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last year of the BCS and every BCS game is a classic. Figures.

Helluva job by the Noles. Auburn has no reason to hang their heads. After Auburn's 2012 season, I'm sure going into 2013 most every Auburn fan would have gladly taken beating Alabama, winning the SEC and a loss in the NCG.

Auburn lost the title but won highlight of the year when they pissed in Alabama's cornflakes.

This is the best way for the BCS to go, really. It may have been great this year, but last year's game was all the reason you'd ever need to have a mini-tournament.

Yup. And I'm someone who was adamantly against a playoff for a very long time. The BCS did a decent job of getting 1&2 into the NCG a lot of the time, but it's really time to start settling the matter on the field.

BB52Big.jpg

Wow. As a Miami fan... :censored: Free Shoes University. Auburn choked big time in the second half, and their kicker also lost them the game. Rapist Winston didn't deserve that. Good bye. I hope you blow your ACL next year Winston.

I hope you realize the irony of this comment (also ironic for me pointing it out as a Lakers fan), and the last remark is one of the many reasons Steeler fans are so hated.

I'm not surprised... He is a fan of "The U".

Although you guys will probably win the Coastal next year, probably.

Phew. Game over. I win the Bowl Mania. Good for the ACC.

No one. Gives. A flying. :censored: .

I'm glad you feel so strong about that you feel the need to comment about it.

Way to de-throne the SEC, even if a rapist is on top of the world.

So is it appropriate if I say that Winston "raped" Auburn in the last minute?

Well, if you put it that way, no. Just... just no.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I don't buy this championship as a legit football game until Tim Tebow gives me some hard-hitting analysis.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Can we stop with all the "Winston is a rapist" bull- :censored:?

Sorry, I'm just a pissed off Miami fan.

Yeah, being a "pissed Miami fan" is plenty reason to call a guy a rapist. :rolleyes:

I agree. I feel like there's still steam in the Roethlisberger machine, however.

Always.

BB52Big.jpg

It's been almost 10 years since Kobe's case was closed, yet the whole "rape" bulls#it continues.

So it's not going to stop.

Why is it that I get a headache every time you speak?

BB52Big.jpg

You know, I'm so glad we've suddenly turned this into a rape discussion. A bright light really shines on our fine football community with BS like that.

Personally, I was annoyed when Jameis was indicted, and glad for him when he was cleared, because the whole situation reeked of :censored: when it leaked out. I would've much, much, MUCH rather he'd been on the losing side tonight, but I'm not about to continue the desecration of his profile after winning the championship.

spacer.png

It's appropriate that Florida State began/ended the BCS era. That and I'm thrilled the SEC run ended. I've said it before, I'm a fan of teams, not conferences. FSU is one of the nostalgic teams that make college football better when they're good.

Hats off to the Seminoles. Hope you get to keep your nickname.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Oh thank God Auburn didn't win. I guess Gus ran out of his miracle juice. I was convinced they'd win on some BS hook and lateral through the legs and #11 would float on a cloud that would drop him in the end zone.

I hate Auburn and dislike Florida State. The lesser of two evils won this game. (At least in my eyes...)

And at the risk of sounding totally immature and irrational, for one last time this season - E.S.A. If anyone was to break the streak I am SO glad it was you, Barn.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

I'll still just like to make one last mention of Film Room tonight. This was a trial run sort of thing, and there are some kinks to work out to make it a more efficient mechanism, but I really loved the way they presented the game. Groundbreaking stuff for a live game telecast. If I could watch the Super Bowl like that, there's no doubt in my mind I would do it.

Now, obviously this is something that should be saved for special occasions. It was great, but it's something that would lose its shine if overexposed. But it was a great complementary aspect to watching that game tonight. The only downside is that I didn't hear much Kirk Herbstreit. The dude's an excellent color commentator.

spacer.png

It's appropriate that Florida State began/ended the BCS era. That and I'm thrilled the SEC run ended. I've said it before, I'm a fan of teams, not conferences. FSU is one of the nostalgic teams that make college football better when they're good.

Hats off to the Seminoles. Hope you get to keep your nickname.

Well, the Seminole tribe themselves didn't see a problem with it, and with Northern Florida politics, No one's really ripping for the name to be changed so... I doubt that gets changed anytime soon...

Also, JImbo AND Nick Saban are from West Virginia? I didn't think such great football coaches could come from a state full of drunken, trashy, stupid hillbillies.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Also, JImbo AND Nick Saban are from West Virginia? I didn't think such great football coaches could come from a state full of drunken, trashy, stupid hillbillies.

gee, well, with the way you view the world, I'm surprised you didn't just assume somebody named "Jimbo" would be from that wasteland known as West Virginia.

spacer.png

It's appropriate that Florida State began/ended the BCS era.

Technically, they were beaten the 1st time against Tennessee in the Fiesta Bowl. But yeah, how appropriate for the era to have the prologue and epilogue written by the Seminoles. It really comes full-circle when you think about it; they've won two titles of the era, lost two titles and were involved in their own BCS controversy (2000 season between them and Miami).

Archived