2013 NCAA FOOTBALL THREAD

LETSGOBLUEBEATMSU

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

USF down to McNeese State 40-14...maybe I'll get my football fix from the NFL this year, how are the Jaguars supposed to do...oh, ok. When does hockey start again? Probably right after the Rays complete their late season slide right out of the postseason.

Just in case I start following the NBA, someone quick tell me who the worst team in the league is! :upside:

USF down to McNeese State 40-14...maybe I'll get my football fix from the NFL this year, how are the Jaguars supposed to do...oh, ok. When does hockey start again? Probably right after the Rays complete their late season slide right out of the postseason.

Just in case I start following the NBA, someone quick tell me who the worst team in the league is! :upside:

charlotte for the nba for sure! lol

2rzsaw3.jpg

Bama wins, onto the next one.

Whats new?

Mark May was being all bitchy saying their offense wasn't that great. Who cares?

Also, Inferno Turf beats the Beavs. Love me some Eastern Washington.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Whats new?

Mark May was being all bitchy saying their offense wasn't that great. Who cares?

Not that you actually give two turds about what Mark May thinks (nobody does), but he gives Ohio State far more grief than anybody else in the country. He is incapable of objective thought about Braxton Miller or the Buckeyes in general.

spacer.png

As a lover of upsets, I'm hoping the FCS' performance so far this week is an omen that we're in for another 2007-esque season.

Eww, no, not at all. 2007 was one of the worst seasons I have ever seen in the NCF levels because I don't see how anyone benefited from the top two spots in the rankings changing every week.

LSU lost their final game before the SEC Championship in three OT's at home to Arkansas. They won the SEC Championship (against, who, Tennessee? Georgia was really good that year but it definitely wasn't them) and managed to sneak in the backdoor because Mizzou lost to Oklahoma in the Big XII Championship and Pat White suffered a freak injury and WVU lost to a non-bowl Pitt team in Morgantown. Hell, going back further, didn't Ohio State losing their final game, at home, to Illinois?

It was stupid. The anarchy could be fun, but that's not the way football should be. I like quality more than anarchy.

spacer.png

I'll have to do some research on that. All I remember of that Tennessee team was how they got obliterated by the non-BCS bound Gators team in that 2006-2009 period. Must've been a horrible year in the SEC East for them to to get to Atlanta (in other words, Georgia must've had a WTF loss or two that I simply don't remember anymore).

And I should've known that Ohio State and Michigan is a yearly Big Ten finale for those two. That's a bad recollection on my part.

UPDATE - yeah, 6-2 in conference, same as Tennessee, but the 35-14 Vols victory in Knoxville was the tie-breaker. Florida only went 5-3 in conference that year, losing games to LSU, Auburn, and Georgia, all winnable games (to some extent) that denied them of really doing anything big that year.

spacer.png

I'll have to do some research on that. All I remember of that Tennessee team was how they got obliterated by the non-BCS bound Gators team in that 2006-2009 period. Must've been a horrible year in the SEC East for them to to get to Atlanta (in other words, Georgia must've had a WTF loss or two that I simply don't remember anymore).

And I should've known that Ohio State and Michigan is a yearly Big Ten finale for those two. That's a bad recollection on my part.

UPDATE - yeah, 6-2 in conference, same as Tennessee, but the 35-14 Vols victory in Knoxville was the tie-breaker. Florida only went 5-3 in conference that year, losing games to LSU, Auburn, and Georgia, all winnable games (to some extent) that denied them of really doing anything big that year.

Georgia lost to South Carolina at home early on, then got smoked at Tennessee. Those cost them dearly, as they were playing better than just about anyone at the end of that season......

Is it wonderful when the big game of the week (uga@clemson) lives up to the billing??

Remember that Bama/LSU game (I think) 2 years ago which featured all field goals? I wish I could sue false advertising. I love defense but c'mon. That was not good television.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Whats new?

Not that you actually give two turds about what Mark May thinks (nobody does), but he gives Ohio State far more grief than anybody else in the country. He is incapable of objective thought about Braxton Miller or the Buckeyes in general.

Honestly, it wasn't Bama's offense that was that bad. Tech's D was pretty good, Fuller made some nice plays on Cooper, and the line just shut down Yeldon and was in McCarron's face all night. Plus, Kouandjio had a couple of holding calls... if only we didn't :censored: up the special teams.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Can't tell you how excited I am for the Miami vs. Florida game next week. We face them for the first time since 2007, and it's at Sun Life Stadium as well. It's going to be back n' forth, but I have a feeling Duke Johnson is going to be the difference maker, and Alan Hurns will be the sleeper to have a big game.

Also, is it just me, or is UF overrated this season? Driskel is an okay QB, but nothing special.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Whats new?

It's nice to see someone other than a Buckeyes fan say that. The talk around here is that May really wanted to play for Ohio State but he wasn't recruited by us so he's held a grudge ever since. I don't know of there's any truth to that, but it makes as much sense as anything else, I suppose. The dude hates Ohio State with a passion.

Also, College Football is back! Life is good again. We've had a couple ridiculous upsets, a couple decent games, and to end the night, I'm rooting big time for Washington to knock off Boise State. A Huskies win means I won't have to put up with "Boise State's going to get screwed by the BCS" talk all season long. So GO HUSKIES!

BB52Big.jpg

As a lover of upsets, I'm hoping the FCS' performance so far this week is an omen that we're in for another 2007-esque season.

Eww, no, not at all. 2007 was one of the worst seasons I have ever seen in the NCF levels because I don't see how anyone benefited from the top two spots in the rankings changing every week.

LSU lost their final game before the SEC Championship in three OT's at home to Arkansas. They won the SEC Championship (against, who, Tennessee? Georgia was really good that year but it definitely wasn't them) and managed to sneak in the backdoor because Mizzou lost to Oklahoma in the Big XII Championship and Pat White suffered a freak injury and WVU lost to a non-bowl Pitt team in Morgantown. Hell, going back further, didn't Ohio State losing their final game, at home, to Illinois?

It was stupid. The anarchy could be fun, but that's not the way football should be. I like quality more than anarchy.

I remember the BC-VT game that year. Thursday nighter, and Tech was up 10-0 and 2 minutes were left. We had that thing in the frickin' bag.

Then somehow, BC came back to score 2 TD's (and 1 was held back by a holding call) That game scared me for life.

Then BC lost the next game the following week at home to Florida St.

But we got our revenge in the title game, and we finished #3 at the end of that year. And we beat Kansas in the Orange Bowl.

If we had held on we would've possibly gone to the national championship. (Although everyone would've thought LSU deserved it more becuase LSU dispatched VT earlier that year 48-7 in Death Valley.)

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Archived