2013 NCAA FOOTBALL THREAD

LETSGOBLUEBEATMSU

Also, is it just me, or is UF overrated this season? Driskel is an okay QB, but nothing special.

I'm thinking it's just you. You've decided that the Gators are overrated after one game against a decent Toledo team? No one knows who's what at this point of the season. How about we let everyone play a few games before we start decalring who's overrated, etc. :rolleyes:

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't tell you how excited I am for the Miami vs. Florida game next week. We face them for the first time since 2007, and it's at Sun Life Stadium as well. It's going to be back n' forth, but I have a feeling Duke Johnson is going to be the difference maker, and Alan Hurns will be the sleeper to have a big game.

Also, is it just me, or is UF overrated this season? Driskel is an okay QB, but nothing special.

Depends on how you define overrated. No, Jeff Driskel is not exactly my favorite guy to be the QB of the team (in fact, he actually draws my ire quite easily), but the defense is top-freaking-notch and the Gators have an excellent power running game. If they can get anything out of the passing game this year (as in, better than 118th out of 120), then they have a very good chance to win 9-10 games and possibly be in Atlanta for the Alabama Wrecking Ball SEC Championship Game.

The Gators also had some impressive wins last year in College Station and Tallahassee, so pardon me while I'm not quivering the thought of Miami. The last really good Miami team Florida faced came in 2003, in a game I would quite rather forget ever happened.

Oh, and because it's my job to be anally retentive, I should point out the last Florida/Miami game was in 2008. And that one was a pretty easy Florida victory. Like, 26-3 easy. But I really wouldn't mind if this old rivalry got its legs back under it again; Florida State plays Miami and Florida every year, so I don't see why Florida couldn't play Miami every year as well. I say that, because Florida were the ones that axed the annual meeting in the first place (at least, that's what I believe was the case).

spacer.png

Aaron "Pants Pooping" Murray with another stellar performance in a big game.

Not mad at the defense...so little experience for them. But being held to 28 (the prevent 7 at the end doesn't really count) to a pedestrian Clemson defense is disappointing. How's Murray gonna handle facing South Carolina, LSU, and Florida's defenses?

Georgia's defense beat Florida last year. Murray tried his best to give the Gators the game.

It's always good to see Boise State take it up the shorts. Their resident fanboy turned that lovable story into a despised entity rather quickly. At least the Boise State QB is a good student.

Georgia's defense beat Florida last year. Murray tried his best to give the Gators the game.

It's always good to see Boise State take it up the shorts. Their resident fanboy turned that lovable story into a despised entity rather quickly. At least the Boise State QB is a good student.

It's crazy, isn't it? Prior to Lights Out joining the forum, pretty much everyone on this site had a rooting interest in Boise State doing well. Now, they're a pariah. Some of that has to do with LO's (turned-down) bombast, but a lot of it has to do with season after season of disappointment.

Glad to see them get blown out of the water so we can avoid the "will they?" story this year. And doubly glad because it's my grad alma mater. UW is looking good tonight. I hope they figure out a way to win without the flash cards though; they look stupid.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Still obsessed as usual. :rolleyes:

I didn't bring up Boise State in the rolling discussion, but I'm not one to pass up a cheap shot when a hanging curveball is just sitting there....

Glad to see them get blown out of the water so we can avoid the "will they?" story this year. And doubly glad because it's my grad alma mater. UW is looking good tonight. I hope they figure out a way to win without the flash cards though; they look stupid.

How is UW unranked? They're a very solid and experienced team. Sankey and Price are pretty impressive.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Can't blame it all on Murray, the O-Line gave him no time.

Gurley/Marshall is the best RB combo in the NCAA.

Sure, the O-line didn't have a good game (so much for experience), and that high snap killing the FG attempt was huge, but these are the games where the QB has to step up, and Murray kinda disappeared once Georgia was up 21-14. On that FG-attempting drive, Georgia ran the ball three times on the goal-to-go situation.....you'd think Murray would be given a chance to make a play (unless he was scared, which would go back to the pants-pooping). Then, on the most important drive of the game, the drive stalls (including a 3-yard pass on like 3rd-and-10) and Georgia punts.

I was getting the feel of either the coaching staff didn't have much faith in Murray when a clutch play was needed, or Murray took the pressure off himself by handing the ball off or getting rid of the ball quickly on a 3rd-and-long play.

Murray may break a bunch of offensive SEC records, but his legacy is going to be one of being a bigger choke artist than Peyton Manning.

I didn't bring up Boise State in the rolling discussion, but I'm not one to pass up a cheap shot when a hanging curveball is just sitting there....

So in other words, you're blatantly baiting. Good to know. :rolleyes:

Hardly.

I was just pointing out how a program that no one on here hated years ago is now one that everyone wants to see flop. They're football's Gonzaga. If you take offense to that, that's on you.

If you say dumb things, you gotta take the ribbings that come with it. McCall's still taking his medicine for hitting on a dude he thought was a chick.....

8 FCS teams pulled off upsets over FBS Schools:

North Dakota State over Kansas State

Southern Utah over Southern Alabama

Towson over UCONN

Samford over Georgia State

Eastern Washington over Oregon State

McNesee State over USF

Northern Iowa over Iowa State

Eastern Illinois over San Diego State

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Archived