2013 NCAA FOOTBALL THREAD

LETSGOBLUEBEATMSU

Just wait til Nick Satan bolts Bama for Austin and get an oil field named in his honor, while players get suspended for accepting a Big Mac from a booster.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, you guys forget who Ohio State's coach is.

Look up "winning graciously" in the dictionary and you'll find a picture of anyone other than Urban Meyer. Or Bret Bielema.

Pretty sure it's the same guy who was coaching the Buckeyes when they hung 63 on Nebraska last season. I think the Buckeyes scored a :censored: you TD with just a few seconds left in the game too. Right? B)

Congrats for beating my team. Still doesn't mean that Urban isn't a bag of dicks.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Yeah, you guys forget who Ohio State's coach is.

Look up "winning graciously" in the dictionary and you'll find a picture of anyone other than Urban Meyer. Or Bret Bielema.

Pretty sure it's the same guy who was coaching the Buckeyes when they hung 63 on Nebraska last season. I think the Buckeyes scored a :censored: you TD with just a few seconds left in the game too. Right? B)

Congrats for beating my team. Still doesn't mean that Urban isn't a bag of dicks.

No argument there. And you'd take him as the new Nebraska HC in a second. B)

BB52Big.jpg

Just wait til Nick Satan bolts Bama for Austin and get an oil field named in his honor, while players get suspended for accepting a Big Mac from a booster.

I don't think Texas has a shot of have Saban coaching them. I think the leading candidates for the Texas job would be Will Muschamp (Florida), Charlie Strong (Louisville), and Chris Petersen (Boise State).

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

I don't think Texas has a shot of have Saban coaching them. I think the leading candidates for the Texas job would be Will Muschamp (Florida), Charlie Strong (Louisville), and Chris Petersen (Boise State).

Totally disagree. I think it's all but a done deal. Nick Saban will be the next HC at Texas. There's nothing left for him to do at Alabama. If he can do at Texas what he did at Alabama, he knows he'll go down in history as the greatest college coach ever. The real question is where does he go after Texas? Maybe Penn State? Penn State would be the ultimate program resurrection, wouldn't it?

BB52Big.jpg

Maybe he could go to USC a few years down the line? No way Kiffin stays there much longer and they're still in a bad spot thanks to the sanctions. Though I don't think he has any connections to the West Coast.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Totally disagree. I think it's all but a done deal. Nick Saban will be the next HC at Texas. There's nothing left for him to do at Alabama. If he can do at Texas what he did at Alabama, he knows he'll go down in history as the greatest college coach ever. The real question is where does he go after Texas? Maybe Penn State? Penn State would be the ultimate program resurrection, wouldn't it?

Saban rules that goddamn state in a way he'd never do at Texas. "There's no God but the Bear and Saban is his prophet" would be a fitting description of the state right now. Texas would be a downgrade.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Based on what?

Muschamp already left Austin, so he is not going to come back.

Strong? Just keep up your homerism. And even in 2013, they are not going to hire Charlie Strong.

Petersen? Brian Harsin left Boise to be co-OC at Texas and left after two seasons to take the HC job at Ark State. There is no question those two have talked about the pressures of working in Austin.

Based on what?

Muschamp already left Austin, so he is not going to come back.

Strong? Just keep up your homerism. And even in 2013, they are not going to hire Charlie Strong.

Petersen? Brian Harsin left Boise to be co-OC at Texas and left after two seasons to take the HC job at Ark State. There is no question those two have talked about the pressures of working in Austin.

I'd agree that Strong would make a decent candidate, not necessarily the best but he's been excellent at Louisville. Just because someone suggest the coach of their favorite team as their candidate doesn't make it "homerism" if that is even a word.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I'd be more impressed if Saban took on a lower-tier school. LSU, Alabama and Texas are in the top ten of college programs. Let's see him make Oregon State or Cincinnati a champion.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Texas is trying to launch its own network, and they had to litterally cancel a re-air of their game because they performed so poorly. Last I heard the Longhorn Network had trouble getting carriage, so they will be willing to wow Nick Saban with a record deal and would even buyout Alabama. Things are all set u and Nick Saban is not called Nick Satan because of his loyality. He is a snake in the grass and will always leave somebody high and dry for the next challenge. Plus Texas is Texas you cant get bigger than being a football coach in Texas.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Texas is trying to launch its own network, and they had to litterally cancel a re-air of their game because they performed so poorly. Last I heard the Longhorn Network had trouble getting carriage, so they will be willing to wow Nick Saban with a record deal and would even buyout Alabama. Things are all set u and Nick Saban is not called Nick Satan because of his loyality. He is a snake in the grass and will always leave somebody high and dry for the next challenge. Plus Texas is Texas you cant get bigger than being a football coach in Texas.

TLN does not have the carriage issues which you may think. Especially since they were put on Time Warner Cable's expanded basic starting on Aug. 30, which is the largest cable provider in the state except for the Houston market which is Comcast. It is in close to 12 million homes in 25 states. Out of the nation's top 10 distributors, they are carried on seven of them. Only DISH, DirecTV, and Comcast have not reached an agreement with ESPN.

TLN does not have the carriage issues which you may think. Especially since they were put on Time Warner Cable's expanded basic starting on Aug. 30, which is the largest cable provider in the state except for the Houston market which is Comcast. It is in close to 12 million homes in 25 states. Out of the nation's top 10 distributors, they are carried on seven of them. Only DISH, DirecTV, and Comcast have not reached an agreement with ESPN.

That's kind of a problem, though because those are the top 3 television providers based on subscriber base. Comcast has over 24 million subscribers, DirecTV has over 19 million and Dish Network has about 14 million.

Time Warner is in 4th place with 12 million subscribers. The Top 3 are easily DOUBLE the amount of subscribers of #4-10 combined.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

That's kind of a problem, though because those are the top 3 television providers based on subscriber base. Comcast has over 24 million subscribers, DirecTV has over 19 million and Dish Network has about 14 million.

Time Warner is in 4th place with 12 million subscribers. The Top 3 are easily DOUBLE the amount of subscribers of #4-10 combined.

The university gets the money for the duration of the contract regardless, plus there are escalators over the deal's terms.

The main objective of ESPN and IMG College was to get cover the state and some neighboring states. With the exception of metro Houston, they have done that in a fairly more competitive cable marketplace than circa 2007 when BTN launched.

Plus, as contracts with ESPN expire, there is a greater chance for better distribution for LHN and SEC Network. Keep an eye on the ESPN/DISH situation since it ends on Monday and DISH's CEO, Charles Ergan has no problem in dropping a channel if an agreement is not made (He did it with AMC for three months last year)

The mercurial madness of Alabama football fans aside, Saban has the state media fawning over him and works for a school that doesn't care about anything except spending money on football. The Texas media will not share that fawning loyalty and Texas the institution only cares about football insofar as it generates money for the athletic department. "Intangibles" are a cliche but in this case they are also a major consideration.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

@McMurphyESPN

Illinois adds 2017 home game with Ball State

Attention Illini:

Youhaveforsakenyourself_zpsb52a34fc.gif

Today, we are all otaku.

Remember, Illinois's motto is WIN:

Whatever

Is

Necessary

Today

Tim Beckman says he got like a 19 or something on his ACT. He was also dumb enough to dip on the sidelines of a game on national television.

We also announced a home and home with North Carolina today. Sure can't get enough of that National Championship payback.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived