LETSGOBLUEBEATMSU

2013 NCAA FOOTBALL THREAD

Have they named an interim coach yet?

Ed Orgeron

Not the best choice. Orgeron wasn't a good head coach at Ole Miss a few years back.

Well i expect a big name in sc next year, greg schiano perhaps.

First off, Greg Schiano is NOT a big name, so lets get that clear. Second, there's no way USC is dumb enough to hire a clown like that considering how much of a micromanager he is.

First off, Greg Schiano is NOT a big name, so lets get that clear. Second, there's no way USC is dumb enough to hire a clown like that considering how much of a micromanager he is.
Heard Jack Del Rio is in line for the HC position after the NFL season.

Have they named an interim coach yet?

Ed Orgeron

Not the best choice. Orgeron wasn't a good head coach at Ole Miss a few years back.

But he is a good recruiter. His main job is to keep the team together and not lose too many recruits.

Dare I say... Saban to USC?

Not happening.

Saban isn't leaving Bama. Ever.

Good. It's so obnoxious when schools (looking at you Notre Dame) get a pat on the head for deigning to schedule Our Great Service Academies and then win as if they're just beating up on a FCS. Do they need our condescension?

Good. It's so obnoxious when schools (looking at you Notre Dame) get a pat on the head for deigning to schedule Our Great Service Academies and then win as if they're just beating up on a FCS. Do they need our condescension?

Except this game is actually Air Force vs Navy.

And it's not just football:

According to the release, the Department of Defense has suspended all intercollegiate athletics competitions at all three academies, including West Point. For example, Tuesday night's Navy-Howard soccer game has been canceled.

The suspensions of athletics will last through the government shutdown. If the shutdown is going to extend through the weekend, then the Navy-Air Force game would be postponed, a person with knowledge of the decision process told USA TODAY Sports. The person requested anonymity because they were not cleared to speak publicly.

Troy Garnhart, an associate athletics director for Air Force, told The (Annapolis) Capital newspaper that upper-class cadets at Air Force are considered military personnel, which means they could be subject to travel restrictions under the shutdown.

THANKS OBAMA

Navy's not that bad a team typically.

I just remember loudmouthed Irish fans during the recent downturn being like "say what you will, but at least we play the service academies!" and being like "yeah, so" about it.

Depending on how long the shutdown goes on, would the service academies' football (and other) teams end up forfeiting games to their opponents until funding is reinstated?
Seems to me that if a professional team couldn't play due to lack of money, that's what would happen. I'm just wondering.

Just like he wasn't going to be the Alabama coach, right? :-p

Save all the adamant declarations and "no chance he's leaving" pontifications for ALL of these coaches, man. We'll see what happens when them good ol' boys down Texas way start throwing around eight figure salary numbers. Beyond what Saban does/doesn't do, there are going to be some interesting moves this silly season. I look forward to all of the "GREAT HIRE" posts.

Save all the adamant declarations and "no chance he's leaving" pontifications for ALL of these coaches, man. We'll see what happens when them good ol' boys down Texas way start throwing around eight figure salary numbers. Beyond what Saban does/doesn't do, there are going to be some interesting moves this silly season. I look forward to all of the "GREAT HIRE" posts.

Alabama matches them. Next question.

Alabama matches them. Next question.

The state of Alabama will bankrupt itself to keep Saban.