2013 NCAA FOOTBALL THREAD

LETSGOBLUEBEATMSU

As with any prep player, past performance does not indicate future results.

There are Parade All-Americans, even Gatorade POYs who do not succeed at the collegiate level. Plus, he is a stride away from tearing his ACL before he arrives at South Quad.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the SEC voted 13-1 against 9 conference games, so I guess they rather not play anybody but the easy teams all but every 6-8 years......only "the devil" was for 9 games, at least he gets it.

So the SEC voted 13-1 against 9 conference games, so I guess they rather not play anybody but the easy teams all but every 6-8 years......only "the devil" was for 9 games, at least he gets it.

Only the SEC coaches votes 13-1 to keep the 8-game schedule. Their vote as coaches does not make "policy", rather more like a committee/advisory board's "recommendation".

The presidents and chancellors have the only vote which counts and they arrive to begin their meetings tomorrow.

It's funny because earlier today Spurrier said the coaches were 50/50.

Even better was when Les "Gump" Miles came out and said that the coaches had voted "unanimously, thirteen-to-one."

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

It's funny because earlier today Spurrier said the coaches were 50/50.

Even better was when Les "Gump" Miles came out and said that the coaches had voted "unanimously, thirteen-to-one."

Well now les is correct. We here in the south don't count others against us, so 13-1 IS unanimously!!!

RE: Jabrill Peppers -

1. Great against arm tackles. But who isn't?

2. Decent breakaway speed, which doesn't take a whole lot in HS.

3. If he's playing CB like he's listed everywhere, that highlight reel tells me absolutely nada.

4. Can't wait to play against him with all the hype.

Good athlete, instant impact? That depends entirely on the scheme. But top recruit out of HS means jack, especially at CB.

ahhh norte dame......crashing back to a 4-8 reality!!!

Notre Dame won despite the play of Everett Golson, not because of him. I want them to crash down the just as much as you do, but I think they this will pace the way for a better quarterback to come through.

And his name would be....

Malik Zaire.

6fQjS3M.png

If you have not read the Mack Brown Q&A with CBS's Bruce Feldman, do so.

Here are some interesting parts from it which may leave Texas with questions and possibly a couple Age Discrimination Lawsuits:

Q: In retrospect, did you feel like you got spoiled by having back-to-back great quarterbacks here in Young and McCoy?

Brown: I don't think there's any doubt. Vince was 30-2, and Colt was like 45-8 or something like that. We went on a run there.

The hard thing for Garrett [Gilbert] is, he comes into the national championship game and gives us a chance to win, but we had those four turnovers. Then, for whatever reason, it just didn't work out [with Gilbert]. And now one of the harder things with college football is it's hard to have more than one [quarterback] that is ready to go because the rest of them transfer. They just don't want to sit behind The Guy. Garrett was the No. 1 player in the country [coming out of high school.]

Q: Do you coach at all differently than you did, say, seven years ago?

Brown: I'm enjoying the young staff. It's funny: they'll sometimes say, "Where were you when SMU went under?" I said,"Well, I was in that dressing room recruiting. I was the head coach at Tulane. I was in there trying to get some players." They're just enamored by some of that stuff. "Did you ever meet Marcus Dupree?"

"Nah, I came in right after he left [Oklahoma]."

We got blindsided by the 5-7 season [in 2010]. It caught us off guard. It was frustrating. [Wife] Sally and I sat down with the president and the athletic director [of Texas] after that season. We basically said, "If y'all are disappointed with us, we'll go do something else."

They said, "Do you want to stay?"

I said, "Yeah, we'd like to stay. We're obviously not in a great position, so it's going to take us some time to get this thing back." They were great. They said they wanted us to stay. What Sally and I decided to do was hire some younger coaches and get it back where it should be.

What I've realized is that I like building a lot more than maintaining. We did get to the point where winning seemed so easy and recruiting seemed so easy. We never were in a position where we didn't work. We never felt like we did anything different, but we missed on more kids, and I'm not sure we were looking at videos and maybe not following up as much with a kid. We were looking at (Rivals) stars.

We had our 10 years of 10-plus wins. Thirteen years is a long time. At that point, Sally and I had to make a decision: Are we going to put the energy back into this thing and go full-speed ahead to get it back? Or is it time to let somebody else have it?

She said, "You can do what you want, but you shouldn't back away until you're finished." And I'm really enjoying it. I mean you still have the same fights and the same problems, but recruiting's going really well. I do think we're about to get better. Spring practice was fun. I like what we're doing right now on offense a whole lot, and I like that our defense is having to see what we're doing on offense. I think we're about to be in the mix again. You usually need an older quarterback to win. Our staff's at a really good place. A number of our staff could've left this year, and they all know we're about to be good. So they stayed, which is a good message. A lot of the other schools are telling people that I'm about to retire in a year, so we have to fight that some. They [the UT administration] gave us a unanimous vote for an extended contract through 2020.

I think the young coaches revived me. I sincerely started over in my mind. I'm counting this as Year 3 instead of Year 16, and I think that makes a difference.

Keep in mind that "word on the street" was that Sally Brown and Carol Muschamp were not kind to each other and was a reason why Will left for Gainesville.

...and Ohio State's pres is nuts.

During the meeting, Gee also said he thought it was a mistake not to include Missouri and Kansas in earlier Big Ten expansion plans. Missouri has since joined the SEC.

"You tell the SEC when they can learn to read and write, then they can figure out what we're doing," Gee said when asked by a questioner how to respond to SEC fans who say the Big Ten can't count because it now has 14 members.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/apnewsbreak-osu-head-jabs-notre-dame-catholics

trollface_hd.png

I see the funniest part is that Gee was at Vanderbilt inbetween his terms at tOSU and while there combined the athletic department within Student Affairs/Campus Life. He respects Vandy and only them as an academic institution within the SEC. It's fantastic.

I see the funniest part is that Gee was at Vanderbilt inbetween his terms at tOSU and while there combined the athletic department within Student Affairs/Campus Life. He respects Vandy and only them as an academic institution within the SEC. It's fantastic.

Who also hired a former SEC coach.

Who also hired a former SEC coach.

Who was born in Ohio...so what does that mean overall?

Bottom line for this season is that the BCS/New Playoff 501c3 needs to have their list of playoff eligible voters by end of business on Friday.

They have already excluded many immediately.

Exhibition games don't count.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived