2013 NCAA FOOTBALL THREAD

LETSGOBLUEBEATMSU

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I guess that will teach me. I turned off South Carolina - Missouri.

Anyway...for some reason watching VT lose at home to f-ing Duke reminded me of the old "Pork - the other white meat" commercial.

Virginia Tech - the other Clemson in the ACC.

BB52Big.jpg

Florida State vs Miami in ESPN'S College Gameday next week. I'm wanting to say it's gonna be FSU-Clemson again, especially after seeing Miami almost lose to Wake Forest.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Is this Texas-TCU game still in a weather delay?

Yes, but according to the Twitter feed in ESPN's Gamecast, they should be resuming play shortly.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Is this Texas-TCU game still in a weather delay?

Yes, but according to the Twitter feed in ESPN's Gamecast, they should be resuming play shortly.

At 9:30 ET, they mentioned the game would be starting up at 10:00.

Looks like the first half is finally over. And the game's on Fox Sports 2. I didn't even know I had that channel.

My 2 favorite college football teams, Tulane and Southeastern Louisiana, are both currently 6-2. Considering they've both been bottom-feeders for over a decade now, this college football season has been a real joy for me. #RollWave #LionUp

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

http://sherman-ave.com/2013/10/22/if-every-big-ten-school-were-a-parks-and-rec-character/#more-13558

Hey, check this out. The article itself is whatever, but oh my stars, the comment section is the Big Tenniest thing that has ever Big Tenned. It's seriously like "you have the boorish manners of a Yalie!" like a hundred times but about state schools.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Just got back from Blacksburg to see Virginia Tech have their annual "Let's embarrassingly lose to a horrible team that's way worse than us that turns into a role-call." Thomas looks like a new person, The playcalling was horrible, Ron Cherry screwed Tech over again. I watched roughly the second half of the Oregon game. Can't believe Mizzou lost. It's too bad I slept through the damn thing too. And Texas has found their stride, and the other Texas school proved who they really were.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I can't wait for a time when smoking marijuana won't ruin someones career because people can't get with the program... Drink alcohol? It's okay even though it's worse for you, you can keep your job.

spacer.png

I can't wait for a time when smoking marijuana won't ruin someones career because people can't get with the program... Drink alcohol? It's okay even though it's worse for you, you can keep your job.

Like it or not, in the state of Florida, the consumption of alcohol is legal, the use of marijuana is not and the state is trying hard not to allow medical use of it.

If NCAA bylaws state if the players (s)he coaches are not allowed to use illegal drugs and are tested for it, then the coaching staff should be prohibited and held to the same standard as well. The football coach is typically the highest paid employee of the institution and is seen as the face of the institution to most, so if the donating public disapproves the use of the use of the drugs, then it cannot be tolerated.

That said, Pelini had other baggage before his FAU hire by a former AD, including a rumored affair with the 2008 Miss Nebraska, a filing for divorce from his wife of 20 years before his first season at FAU are two examples.

Can't we just legalize pot already... I'm far from a liberal, but it eliminates a lot of drug trafficking and is hardly worse than tobacco or alcohol.

Umm, both admitted to using cocaine.

From the story:

Through a records request, the Sun Sentinel acquired documents that included sworn affidavits from defensive line coach Matt Edwards and Allison Stewart, a person close to the program, that stated both had seen Pelini use marijuana on October 19, during a three-day trip to Key West from Oct. 18-20, FAU’s bye week. The affidavits were obtained by the Sun Sentinel Friday afternoon.

One affidavit stated that the witness saw both Pelini and Rekstis use cocaine within the past year. The other affidavit stated that the witness had received a text message from Pelini admitting to drug use.

Chun, after showing Pelini and Rekstis the signed statements and offered to drug test both men. They declined to take the test and admitted to the drug use, a violation of their contracts with the school. Both resigned their positions. Chun declined to comment on the meeting in a phone call with the Sun Sentinel Friday, saying “I stand by the statements that I made Wednesday.”

Police asked assistant coaches if they had seen Pelini and Rekstis use drugs, and sources close to the program told the Sun Sentinel that there were additional confirmations.

Thoughts now?

Archived