2013 NCAA FOOTBALL THREAD

LETSGOBLUEBEATMSU

End of the school year, end of the fiscal year, whatever. Take you pick, Abel. Do you have to nit-pick everything?

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gee is an idiot.

But it strikes me that he gets fired for saying things about southerners and Catholics and nobody says anything. Where are the complaints about Political Correctness?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

My All-American team

QB: Teddy Bridgewater --- Louisville (JR)

RB: TJ Yeldon --- Alabama (SO)

RB: Dri Archer --- Kent St. (SR)

WR: Marqise Lee --- USC (JR)

WR: Sammy Watkins --- Clemson (JR)

TE: Austin Seferian-Jenkins --- Washington (JR)

OT: Taylor Lewan --- Michigan (SR)

OT: Cyrus Kouandjio --- Alabama (JR)

G: David Yankey --- Stanford (SR)

G: Cyril Richardson --- Baylor (SR)

C: Hroniss Grasu --- Oregon (JR)

DE: Jadeveon Clowney --- South Carolina (JR)

DE: Stephon Tuitt --- Notre Dame (JR)

DT: Will Sutton --- Arizona St. (SR)

DT: Louis Nix III --- Notre Dame (SR)

OLB: Anthony Barr --- UCLA (SR)

OLB: Kyle Van Noy --- BYU (SR)

ILB: Shayne Skov --- Stanford (SR)

ILB: CJ Mosley --- Alabama (SR)

CB: Ifo Ekpre-Olomu --- Oregon (JR)

CB: Quandre Diggs --- Texas (JR)

FS: Ed Reynolds --- Stanford (JR)

SS: Ha Ha Clinton-Dix --- Alabama (JR)

K: Cairo Santos --- Tulane (SR)

P: Kyle Christy --- Florida (JR)

KR: De'Anthony Thomas --- Oregon (JR)

PR: Marcus Murphy --- Missouri (JR)

Coach: Nick Saban --- Alabama (7th Year)

Off. Cord: Mark Helfrich* --- Oregon (1st Year)

Def. Cord: Bud Foster --- Virginia Tech (19th Year)

*Technically a Head Coach, but made exception since he was an Off Cord. last year.

Thought? Snubs? Overrated?

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

I think Yeldon and Lee are a smidge overrated on your list. Bama's got a VERY crowded backfield -- he could be the workhorse, but I think a guy who has no threat for PT could do better -- and Lee has one of Browne, Wittek, or Kessler throwing to him this year, not Barkley. I have no confidence in any of those three, really.

As for who should replace them, that's a tough call. Kind of a weird year for RBs, but I think a sleeper candidate is Lache Seastrunk. All the drama prior to last year aside, the kid played significantly in the last 6 games of the year and went over 100 every time except one, and 135+ 4 of those 6 games. Really explosive RB in a pass first offense -- could be a big year for him. Ka'deem Carey would be a top pick for me, of course pending what happens on the 12th. Beau Blankenship at Ohio is pretty solid, too.

WRs are a crapshoot IMO, but I'd say guys like Josh Stewart, Brandin Cooks, and Davante Adams should get a good look, too.

I think Yeldon and Lee are a smidge overrated on your list. Bama's got a VERY crowded backfield -- he could be the workhorse, but I think a guy who has no threat for PT could do better -- and Lee has one of Browne, Wittek, or Kessler throwing to him this year, not Barkley. I have no confidence in any of those three, really.

As for who should replace them, that's a tough call. Kind of a weird year for RBs, but I think a sleeper candidate is Lache Seastrunk. All the drama prior to last year aside, the kid played significantly in the last 6 games of the year and went over 100 every time except one, and 135+ 4 of those 6 games. Really explosive RB in a pass first offense -- could be a big year for him. Ka'deem Carey would be a top pick for me, of course pending what happens on the 12th. Beau Blankenship at Ohio is pretty solid, too.

WRs are a crapshoot IMO, but I'd say guys like Josh Stewart, Brandin Cooks, and Davante Adams should get a good look, too.

I actually had Ka'Deem Carey as my other RB, then switched Dri Archer out at the last minute.

I wasn't really blown away with WRs this year.

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

I actually had Ka'Deem Carey as my other RB, then switched Dri Archer out at the last minute.

I wasn't really blown away with WRs this year.

Yeah, WR is kinda wide open. The MAC definitely has some interesting RB options with Archer, Blankenship, Fluellen, etc. I think they'll all have solid years. Archer is really explosive though, so I have to agree with you there. It'll be interesting to see if Durham's role is minimized this year in favor of Archer getting more carries, or if they keep using him everywhere. Still crazy to me that those two both had 14+ TDs and 1300+ yards each...

I'm glad that you put Bridgewater not Manziel on the list. Bridgewater has got almost everything NFL scouts love including a powerful, but accurate arm and great pocket sense. Manziel is a really good college qb, but Bridgewater is better made for the NFL. Another thing is that you should watch out for Charlie Strong on the coaches team. He is truly a very underrated head coach and knows a thing or two about SEC defenses. If there is a second-team all americans for coaches, Strong should be seriously considered to be there. Other suggestions would be to put Casey instead of Archer at RB; Mariota as the second qb on the team; and watch out for Devante Parker and Lache Seastrunk during the season.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

I'm glad that you put Bridgewater not Manziel on the list. Bridgewater has got almost everything NFL scouts love including a powerful, but accurate arm and great pocket sense. Manziel is a really good college qb, but Bridgewater is better made for the NFL.

What does a player's NFL prospects have to do with earning playing awards while in college?

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone dethrone Alabama for the national title?

Ohio State and Georgia come to mind for me. And I think that's it. That's the list.

As of right now my title game prediction is an Alabama blowout over Louisville. Louisville will probably start the season in the top 10, and that combined with their easy Big East schedule will be enough to keep them in the Top 10 and eventually push them into the title game.

90758391980.gif

Ohio State and Georgia come to mind for me. And I think that's it. That's the list.

As of right now my title game prediction is an Alabama blowout over Louisville. Louisville will probably start the season in the top 10, and that combined with their easy Big East schedule will be enough to keep them in the Top 10 and eventually push them into the title game.

So in other words they'll be this year's version of Notre Dame.

naw i bet they lose one game like oh cincy or UCF

Yeah because ND started this past year so definitely in the top 10... :rolleyes:

/Also, ND had five preseason Top 25 teams on their schedule last year (and Oklahoma and Stanford at least turned out to be decent). Louisville's best opponent is... Houston? UCF? USF? Sorry, I'm not that up to date on who the second-favorite in the Big East/AAC/Whatever Conference is this year.

6fQjS3M.png

Pizza Bowl all but dead after this season.

Well Indiana, you have to get it done this year. I really want to use "Look at the pizza boxes falling out of the sky" once in my IU fandom.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived