I'd like to get the pulse of other soccer supporters on this one:

The Fire are pretty shambolic, right?

Quite.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the Seattle Sounders won their West Wildcard game 2-0 and now faces the Portland Timbers in the Semis.

And Sigi Schmidt's coaching career up there is alive for at least 2 more days.

I am sure Garber is going backflips in celebration of the ratings that will come in from a Seattle-Portland playoff matchup.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

I'd like to get the pulse of other soccer supporters on this one:

The Fire are pretty shambolic, right?

Almost as much as the Impact. At least they lost their last game to the best team in the league. Unlike Montreal who needed a win in their last game to get a bye in the first round. Then end up going on the road to fast a near-last place team with nothing to play for, and go on to lose in a game they never looked interested in.

1zqy8ok.gif

You're not entirely wrong... but a Toronto supporter calling any other organization shambolic is kinda funny. ;)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

So the Seattle Sounders won their West Wildcard game 2-0 and now faces the Portland Timbers in the Semis.

I am sure Garber is going backflips in celebration of the ratings that will come in from a Seattle-Portland playoff matchup.

Not as much as how sauced up he'll be if there is a Red Bulls-Galaxy Cup Final. Or even a Galaxy-Revs championship game materializing.

Montreal Impact such a classy organization. 3 red cards in one game.

One for every Houston goal!

Ah, yes, that. That happened in Minnesota. The guy who broke that on his blog got some interesting contact from one of the players involved.

POTD 2013-08-22

Not as much as how sauced up he'll be if there is a Red Bulls-Galaxy Cup Final. Or even a Galaxy-Revs championship game materializing.

Montreal Impact such a classy organization. 3 red cards in one game.

One for every Houston goal!

Galaxy-Revs?

Also the Impact failed at every conceivable level against Houston and deserve nothing more than to be mocked for their classlessness.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

I was thinking it was USSF-D2... but, yeah, it was still USL (and, for that matter, still the Thunder):

http://www.insidemnsoccer.com/2009/07/13/another-montreal-meltdown/

http://www.insidemnsoccer.com/2009/07/14/follow-up-to-montreal-meltdown/

http://www.insidemnsoccer.com/2009/07/20/montreal-impact-release-midfielder-sandro-grande-after-choking-incident/

I don't think Brian ever made public (outside of some of his local friends, including myself) the things that were said to him after that.

POTD 2013-08-22

This just in Red Bull New York to change name to Choking, NJ

Wow. It's an ending like they had which makes me believe in the "Curse of Caricola."

And it really sucks now in the East. The two most woe-be-me teams in MLS (Revolution, Red Bulls) are ousted in overtime goals in their respective Game 2s. So the Eastern Conference Finals match-up is now Houston-Kansas City; good in paper, but made up of two relatively insufferable teams. I kind of wished for a New York-New England match-up, to see whose long-suffering fanbase would have a shot at retribution at MLS Cup. But nope, the fundamental-happy Dynamo and the suspect-play Sporting make up the conference final for the right coast.

I'm also starting to realize that the Dynamo might be the St. Louis Cardinals of Major League Soccer.

This just in Red Bull New York to change name to Choking, NJ

Wow. It's an ending like they had which makes me believe in the "Curse of Caricola."

And it really sucks now in the East. The two most woe-be-me teams in MLS (Revolution, Red Bulls) are ousted in overtime goals in their respective Game 2s. So the Eastern Conference Finals match-up is now Houston-Kansas City; good in paper, but made up of two relatively insufferable teams. I kind of wished for a New York-New England match-up, to see whose long-suffering fanbase would have a shot at retribution at MLS Cup. But nope, the fundamental-happy Dynamo and the suspect-play Sporting make up the conference final for the right coast.

I'm also starting to realize that the Dynamo might be the St. Louis Cardinals of Major League Soccer.

Ehhh....

Red Bull doesn't have fans and I'd hardly call New England fans long-suffering.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived