• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This just in Red Bull New York to change name to Choking, NJ

Wow. It's an ending like they had which makes me believe in the "Curse of Caricola."

And it really sucks now in the East. The two most woe-be-me teams in MLS (Revolution, Red Bulls) are ousted in overtime goals in their respective Game 2s. So the Eastern Conference Finals match-up is now Houston-Kansas City; good in paper, but made up of two relatively insufferable teams. I kind of wished for a New York-New England match-up, to see whose long-suffering fanbase would have a shot at retribution at MLS Cup. But nope, the fundamental-happy Dynamo and the suspect-play Sporting make up the conference final for the right coast.

I'm also starting to realize that the Dynamo might be the St. Louis Cardinals of Major League Soccer.

Ehhh....

Red Bull doesn't have fans and I'd hardly call New England fans long-suffering.

Yes NYRB does have fans.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

So the 2-year reign by the Galaxy comes to an end in Utah. Gotta hand it to those hard-working players from RSL, playing those set pieces perfectly, all while managing that heinous wind. Finally, they get a meaningful win at Rio Tinto.

Oh well, it appears as if the Galaxy are finally exhausted from these current run of victories. Maybe now, there will be some hunger and motivation for 2014. Until then, thanks for the cup reign, Galaxy!

And for the record, this loss just makes LA look very stupid for giving away trading Magee for the apparent-bum Robbie Rogers.

Wow. It's an ending like they had which makes me believe in the "Curse of Caricola."

And it really sucks now in the East. The two most woe-be-me teams in MLS (Revolution, Red Bulls) are ousted in overtime goals in their respective Game 2s. So the Eastern Conference Finals match-up is now Houston-Kansas City; good in paper, but made up of two relatively insufferable teams. I kind of wished for a New York-New England match-up, to see whose long-suffering fanbase would have a shot at retribution at MLS Cup. But nope, the fundamental-happy Dynamo and the suspect-play Sporting make up the conference final for the right coast.

I'm also starting to realize that the Dynamo might be the St. Louis Cardinals of Major League Soccer.

Ehhh....

New England are the Minnesota Vikings of the MLS Cup: Four appearances, zero wins, all losses coming in either OT or penalties.

I think that counts.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Ehhh....

New England are the Minnesota Vikings of the MLS Cup: Four appearances, zero wins, all losses coming in either OT or penalties.

I think that counts.

*litany of Boston sports championships in the last decade goes here*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Ehhh....

I think that counts.

*litany of Boston sports championships in the last decade goes here*

*empty Revolution trophy case goes here*

Two can play this game. :)

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

It's just hard to call a fan base long suffering when they win in every other sport. I'd wager 90% of Rev fans at minimum also support one or all of the Patriots/Red Sox/Bruins/Celtics thus it's not easy to feel super bad for them.

niagaraq.png

I'm happy the Revs are out just so there's no chance of hearing their terrible announcers again this season. Painful.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I've seen Rev games on TV. They don't have fans

I'm ready to call it good on Sigi Schmid. There's too much talent on Seattle to get chumped like that.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

It's just hard to call a fan base long suffering when they win in every other sport. I'd wager 90% of Rev fans at minimum also support one or all of the Patriots/Red Sox/Bruins/Celtics; thus it's not easy to feel super bad for them.

Maybe the "Curse of the Bambino" isn't dead. Maybe Babe Ruth's ghost learned how to play soccer and was tired of torturing Boston's baseball team. Maybe he finally let go of his grudge with the Red Sox and started one with the Revolution out of spite.

Ehhh....

I think that counts.

Actually, it's 3 out of the 4. But they've had crippling losses in sudden-death OT (2002), FIFA OT (2005) and penalty kicks (2006), despite the fact that they scored 1st in the FIFA OT format (if it were pre-2002, the Revs would have won the cup).

Today's the day for the Monster Truck Extravaganza NASL Soccer Bowl!

BXqtbdhCEAIGAwA.jpg

As happy as I am for the revived Cosmos to actually A: Exist & B: Be successful on the field...man, after the Falcons and the Braves' playoff calamities, I'm pretty hungry for some sort of trophy to finally be awarded to a team in this city. Seems like it should be a pretty awesome atmosphere at the park, as the Silverbacks have added plenty of seats so the place should be rocking tonight. Can't wait for this one.

If you aren't gonna be there, it'll be on ESPN3. Hopefully it'll be a great showcase for the league!

Silverbacks busted out a new all-black kit (which was a fitting look considering that they asked the fans to wear black.) Too bad it didn't result in a victory. :(

Congrats to the Cosmos. They were the better team tonight, they've been the better team since they entered the league in the Fall season, and they fully deserved the trophy. Especially so after the goal that Senna scored, which would have been a goal in a lot of other leagues. Once again, congrats to them and their supporters.

As for the Silverbacks, maybe next year? I'm still proud of the club for making it this far and for all the steps that they've taken ever since Wynalda came in as the Director. Hopefully this won't be the last time we see the Silverbacks in the Soccer Bowl/

Marcos Senna is freaking beastly in the NASL!!

Also big credit to the Borough Boys and La Banda for putting on a great show themselves to support their team.

BTW I wish they could have worn those blue jerseys sometime during the season.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Archived