GotPixels NFL Project 40 Expansion Series

GotPixels

Post #2 and Post #42 updated.

It also helps just to post your concepts on the page you are on for those following & for future readers as they will not have any idea what is happening as they go through it.

I wasn't sure of the board rules. I will keep that in mind.

By any chance, was the former MLL franchise inspiration for your Los Angeles franchise? I mean they were are named the Riptide.

No at all. I was trying to come up with something that fit the area. It made sense.

One more suggestion from me. I like how you gave LA a team back in the NFC West but I think with the history of the rivalry between the Niners and the Rams, would it not be better to send the Rams back to LA and stay in the NFC West keeping that intact and give StL the expansion team in the NFC North? Just my opinion anyways.

If this were real, absolutely. I just wanted to do something new for LA.

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as Dublin goes, I uncovered a curious law recently. In Ireland, the shamrock is basically trademarked by the Irish government, so entities outside of the government don't actually use the shamrock in their branding.

rATMcmK.png

As far as Dublin goes, I uncovered a curious law recently. In Ireland, the shamrock is basically trademarked by the Irish government, so entities outside of the government don't actually use the shamrock in their branding.

I was curious to know where you think the Boston Celtics and Notre Dame stand with this. If the NFL were to actually expand to Ireland, do you think that the Irish government would make a deal to allow the use of the shamrock?

I was curious to know where you think the Boston Celtics and Notre Dame stand with this. If the NFL were to actually expand to Ireland, do you think that the Irish government would make a deal to allow the use of the shamrock?

Doesn't affect the Celtics or Notre Dame since they're not in Ireland. I'm not sure how the law would apply in an international situation like this, so good call. I tend not to be the type to shoot down ideas for being unrealistic, it was just something I wanted to point out if you were aiming for realism.

rATMcmK.png

I would have to say for San Antonio, hype up the military theme. Some greens, browns, tans instead of the red/white/blue Texan identity.

I'm leaning toward this for sure. I have a concept that should fit pretty well. The more I think about it, there are plenty of Texas themed franchises.

I would like to get some feedback on a name for the San Antonio Franchise.

Here's a list that I have come up with. I just wanted to see what the opinions are.

Commanders

Defenders

Force

Squadron

Siege

Sonics

Sorties

Thunderbirds

Wings

Thanks in advance.

I would like to get some feedback on a name for the San Antonio Franchise.

Here's a list that I have come up with. I just wanted to see what the opinions are.

Commanders

Defenders

Force

Squadron

Siege

Sonics

Sorties

Thunderbirds

Wings

Thanks in advance.

Well, just to give you some military background for San Antonio, our largest one is Fort Sam Houston which is the largest medical support base in the entire armed forces. However, we also have two aligned air force bases with Randolph Air Force Base and Lackland Air Force Base, which is one of the major training bases of the Air Force. So an aerial theme might be appropriate or a commanding role.

I say you can stick with Defenders though since it would also refer to the Defenders of the Alamo.

Archived