GotPixels NFL Project 40 Expansion Series

GotPixels

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah that number font is not great. But if you like it, then just make it smaller. Try fitting 33 on the jersey using that font size and it won't work.

Also, what is the logo?

Yeah, I get what you are saying. Realistically, it wont work. I just like the shape. I will work with that some more.

The logo is meant to represent Air Force, Flight, etc. I was inspired by some vintage Squadron Patches.

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

Guest darkpiranha

I like all the others in this series so far, but I'm not feeling this one. I liked earlier suggestions of incorporating more of a military color scheme and feel to it. Maybe the logo can incorporate some of the flags that San Antonio has been known to defend. Or maybe something else that shows a combination of past and present military.

I like all the others in this series so far, but I'm not feeling this one. I liked earlier suggestions of incorporating more of a military color scheme and feel to it. Maybe the logo can incorporate some of the flags that San Antonio has been known to defend. Or maybe something else that shows a combination of past and present military.

Thanks for the suggestions. Excellent idea about the flags. The color scheme is based on the Air Force uniform.

070316_newuniform_story.JPG

I can see where adding flag colors will help for sure. And I'm going to change the crazy font.

Guest darkpiranha

Now that I see where the blues come from, I get it, but I think greens and browns more effectively say "military" at a glance. And another symbol that works for both past and present military is a sword even if it's only symbolic at this point.

I have to say, I am really not a fan of Louisville having an NFL team. I really like the concept you did, and it reminds me somewhat of a Louisville Lancers concept I never fully got of the ground, but Louisville is entirey too small a media market to be sandwiched betweenn the Colts and the Bengals. I would love to see what you'd do for Birmingham or Oklahoma.

On the same token, the distances between Tampa, Orlando, and Jacksonville really don't work out. I personally never felt that Jacksonville was a large enough market to support an NFL franchise and amost 20 years later, they still have only tepid support. I would count Orlando as a relocation of the Jaguars and take Jacksonville off your list. That way you could look at some other options.

being an Air Force Vet, I like the Air Force Blues... we dropped Khaki in the 70's so no Greens or Browns. Thought there is an Army presence in SA.

Font has to go... lean more AIr Force Academy for font. Using their color pallet would not be a bad idea either...

The logo is very Stealth Squadronesque. I dig that.

I have to say, I am really not a fan of Louisville having an NFL team. I really like the concept you did, and it reminds me somewhat of a Louisville Lancers concept I never fully got of the ground, but Louisville is entirey too small a media market to be sandwiched betweenn the Colts and the Bengals. I would love to see what you'd do for Birmingham or Oklahoma.

On the same token, the distances between Tampa, Orlando, and Jacksonville really don't work out. I personally never felt that Jacksonville was a large enough market to support an NFL franchise and amost 20 years later, they still have only tepid support. I would count Orlando as a relocation of the Jaguars and take Jacksonville off your list. That way you could look at some other options.

Solid advice.

I based these on the Top 50 TV markets. That's one criteria the NFL would gauge viability by. Ad sales etc.

Population being another. I guess I'n looking down the road to like the year 2020 or something like that. Maybe by then the population would be such that the city could handle it.

At the moment, New Orleans is the #53 TV market. Population drives the success of that franchise for sure.

If I do this, it could open up some possibilities.

being an Air Force Vet, I like the Air Force Blues... we dropped Khaki in the 70's so no Greens or Browns. Thought there is an Army presence in SA.

Font has to go... lean more AIr Force Academy for font. Using their color pallet would not be a bad idea either...

The logo is very Stealth Squadronesque. I dig that.

Thanks man. That was what I was going for with the logo.

I will take your advice on the palette.

At the moment, New Orleans is the #53 TV market. Population drives the success of that franchise for sure.

Media markets really are just population charts, they don't measure income or anything, just how many people in a defined area can pick up a TV or radio signal. Prior to Hurricane Katrina, New Orleans was somewhere in the 30s. The population hasn't really recovered yet. Give it another decade and hopefully the Big Easy bounces back.

Guest darkpiranha

I like the grey helmet best. Reinforces the military feel. And the logo stands out better. And did you consider using the name "Defense" instead of "Defenders"? I'm usually not one for non-plural nicknames, but it feels like it might work in this case.

I like the grey helmet best. Reinforces the military feel. And the logo stands out better. And did you consider using the name "Defense" instead of "Defenders"? I'm usually not one for non-plural nicknames, but it feels like it might work in this case.

Gray helmet with yellow pants would not be good also Defenders really does not fit your logo.

You went with an Air Force type them so the name should reflect that & Defenders to me does not fit the bill.

Archived