GotPixels NFL Project 40 Expansion Series

GotPixels

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I have one more franchise to tweak into the newer format. But, I will be expanding this series to include Makeovers of some of the present teams and also a section I will call the vault. There I will place future consideration teams as well as stuff that didn't make the grade.

Houston Texans

The NFL@ 100 in conjunction with expansion. Before everyone freaks out, this is the year 2020.

houstonnfl100.jpg

houstonnfl100alt.jpg

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

Orlando is my favorite so far. I would get rid of the red in the Squadron's logo because it adds an unessecary color. London and Protland are good also.

This is what I'm basing it on. Love this patch.

t2635a.jpg

Also, the color red ties into the Flag of Texas.

I think the crown without the big L looks better just drop the white ouline & make it one thick purple line.

Keep the little L though.

Maybe I can convince you after I do the live action render. I will do that next week sometime.

I dig the Arrows color scheme a lot! You should use it on another team.

Thanks. I most likely will on one of the future consideration teams.

Really love this project, although I have some thoughts on the teams and divisions.

Some assumptions / changes from the initial project post:

1) NFL is looking to grow its brand globally, so I think you will see a focus on Europe & North American metropolises in the future. No need to expand down the U.S. television market list when your focus is globally (good bye SLC & Louisville franchises) and there is history to pick up from in Europe, Canada and Mexico (i.e. successful NFL Europe cities, CFL flagship city of Toronto, Mexico City, Mexico holds the NFL attendance record).

2) Existing NFL franchises that are struggling will be relocated (Raiders to LA; St. Louis to LA) and one will develop a unique city arrangement (Jaguars home cities will be JAX & Orlando and will have two home stadiums to claim the northern & central Florida markets & become a truly regional team).

-Let's face it, Oakland isn't going to build the Raiders a stadium and the Rams are already positioning themselves for a lease exit after the 2014 season in order to return to L.A.'s Farmers Field.

-Jacksonville, FL can't financially support an NFL team, however a combination of Jacksonville & Orlando can.

3) Instead of dealing with the scheduling logistics of placing European teams in existing NFC/AFC divisions, a Euro division/conference will be created. It will include cities that were in the former NFL Europe that were relatively successful: London, England; Edinburgh, Scotland; Frankfurt, Germany; Berlin, Germany).

4) On the North American side, the NFL expands to: Toronto (NFC), Portland (NFC), San Antonio (AFC) and Mexico City (AFC).

-Toronto is Canada's largest city as well as North America's #5 television market

-Portland, Oregon is a city with immense potential and a high income area

-San Antonio, Texas has been rumored to be able to support a team for a quite a while; football anywhere in Texas does well

-Mexico City, Mexico is the capital city of Mexico with a population of over 12 million people

Here are the new divisional alignments:

AFC East: Buffalo, NY Jets, New England, Miami

AFC North: Baltimore, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis

AFC South: Houston, Jax/Orlando, San Antonio, Tennessee

AFC West: Denver, KC, LA Raiders, San Diego, Mexico City

NFC East: Dallas, NY Giants, Philadelphia, Washington, Toronto

NFC North: Chicago, GB, Detroit, Minnesota

NFC South: Atlanta, Carolina, New Orleans, Tampa Bay

NFC West: Arizona, SF, LA Rams, Portland, Seattle

NFL Euro Division: England, Scotland, Frankfurt, Berlin

Thoughts?

GotPixels, amazing series you have accomplished so far! Your work is very well thought out, and the concepts are fresh and original! You have a great vision of what you want, and how to execute it nicely. San Antonio and Portland are my favorites in this series. Keep up the great work!

While it may come off a a little too arenaish for most, the Portland unis would look great on the field.

DLWatt.png

Archived