Louisiana Pelicans Football Realistic Logo VERSION 4

St Louis Cardinals

Right now it looks like a rivalry trophy instead of a logo. He needs feet and an attitude

I agree. he needs to be more of a fighting pelican than a target pelican.

I like the NO monogram idea but that would make the team the New Orleans Pelicans, wouldn't it?

FsQiF2W.png

The head/neck is getting really close to great. Draw an outline around it rather than just adding a stroke.

The body, especially the wing and how it is just a simple stroke, seem more amateurish than the head. See the shading work you did on the neck, try and do that to insinuate the wing.

Also, this isn't an NBA team logo, so you don't need a football in with the bird. ;)

EDIT: Just a thought, if you made the pelican brown, you could hint at a football with clever shading/coloring since the body is basically a football shape anyway. IDK, maybe that's a stupid idea...

The head/neck is getting really close to great. Draw an outline around it rather than just adding a stroke.

The body, especially the wing and how it is just a simple stroke, seem more amateurish than the head. See the shading work you did on the neck, try and do that to insinuate the wing.

Also, this isn't an NBA team logo, so you don't need a football in with the bird. ;)

EDIT: Just a thought, if you made the pelican brown, you could hint at a football with clever shading/coloring since the body is basically a football shape anyway. IDK, maybe that's a stupid idea...

I'm not quite sure what you mean by saying add an outline, not a stroke

StLouisCardinals.png

CowboysClassic_zpsb3d9923d.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

ok my bad.

I figured you might be using Photoshop and to automatically add an outline in PS, that's called "Stroke". I would prefer you draw a custom outline that doesn't just follow the shape of the border, but accentuates it. Look at the difference in the orange outlines here and here. See how the second one looks much nicer because I hand (mouse) drew it?

I never really liked the football so I switched to a log. I took Tim's suggestion and added some shading to the wing, hand outlined it, and i even added a brow to give the pelican more additude. also, do you think it would be reasonable if I used this pelican as a logo, and the other pelican logo (updated or not) as the logo on the uniform?

ScreenShot2013-01-12at42614PM_zpsb99d3830.png

StLouisCardinals.png

CowboysClassic_zpsb3d9923d.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

I never really liked the football so I switched to a log. I took Tim's suggestion and added some shading to the wing, hand outlined it, and i even added a brow to give the pelican more additude. also, do you think it would be reasonable if I used this pelican as a logo, and the other pelican logo (updated or not) as the logo on the uniform?

ScreenShot2013-01-12at42614PM_zpsb99d3830.png

When drawing an outline by hand, try adding a stroke around the thickness you want then use that as a guide to draw from and make adjustments to your liking, this way you get an accurate shape and even line weights

Just an idea for a logo: your head and neck are really good. Maybe focus on those as the primary/helmet logo and work on shading and outline etc there, then have a secondary, full bodied pelican logo, maybe with the wings flared out like a bird about to take flight or whatever

Just an idea for a logo: your head and neck are really good. Maybe focus on those as the primary/helmet logo and work on shading and outline etc there, then have a secondary, full bodied pelican logo, maybe with the wings flared out like a bird about to take flight or whatever

This.

Archived