USL Pro crests: Harrisburg City and Sacramento now up

mcrosby

Harrisburg recently released this 12th season logo (who celebrates 12 seasons?) and I'm glad they've gone with a more professional look.

10450792_10153054442164598_8555994296595

I wanted to bring that new professionalism to a new crest. Harrisburg City Islanders will now just be (officially) known as Harrisburg City.

W7SKvkd.png

Marvelous job on Harrisburg. The ball inside the little C kinda throws off the vibe, though.

I've been trying to fit the ball in somewhere else. I'm working on putting it on the dome. I feel like it has to be in there somewhere. FC should say soccer well enough, but seeing as it's a small-time league and team I think it should be there.

The shapes for Harrisburg are amazing; the text and such much less so. I don't think you necessary need a ball just because it's a soccer logo.

I like the new Rochester direction, though I think I'd probably take the cut out of the right side of the shield shape. I'd also clean up the text spacing; I'd definitely make "Rochester" much bigger with less space, then make sure it aligns with "Rhinos" on both sides.

Honestly, I'd say Sacto's a big downgrade; that may just be because I thoroughly love their current badge, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing crests all around. Love them all. Rhinos, Republic, Batttery, City Islanders... all perfect. (I personally prefer the ball in the Harrisburg crest, it makes the design look more "complete")

Though calling them Harrisburg City is a bit weird, seeing as the nickname of the team is the City Islanders, because they play on City Island. They weren't going for a euro name when they named the team.

Archived