Sign in to follow this  
sonny

Change one thing.

I had a conversation the other day with a friend of mine who is not a uniform nut. Knowing i am, he asked me a very interesting question: what ONE thing would you change on every NFL uniform that would, in my opinion, improve it?

I wouldn't limit this to just NFL, but what if you could just change one aspect of a uniform to improve it, what would you do?

MLS-Ditch adidas.

NFL- fix their collars. They can keep the Speed Machine template with last years collars.

Specifically, since I'm watching the Ravens/ Broncos, they both could improve their uniforms with a number font change.

End the era of white-vs-colour. As long as teams don't have similar looks or colours, it shouldn't be a problem. I'd love to see home and road jerseys be replaced with 'primary' and 'clash'.

I agree with aci. As an Iowa state fan I loved the way red vs. blue (Tulsa) in the liberty bowl looked. It was much better than when we played them in the regular season, red vs. white. I would post pics but I'm on my phone

End the era of white-vs-colour. As long as teams don't have similar looks or colours, it shouldn't be a problem. I'd love to see home and road jerseys be replaced with 'primary' and 'clash'.

Agreed. I would love to see Ohio State wear their red tops in Michigan next year. It'd be a sweet looking game.

Agreed. I would love to see Ohio State wear their red tops in Michigan next year. It'd be a sweet looking game.

I would be in favor of color vs. color for rivalry games, like Ohio St.-Michigan and USC-UCLA. I wouldn't like to see it full-time, but it would be great for special occasions.

I was going to go with changing the Nike collars, but I think the NFL should ban white jerseys unless white is one of the teams' official colors (i.e. Colts).

Easy.... manditory color contrast between pants and socks.

Dammit, that too!

NFL: I'd get rid of all the stupid "modern" stripes that ruin otherwise good looking uniforms. Sorry Denver, Arizona, Minnesota, Atlanta, etc.

NFL: I'd get rid of all the stupid "modern" stripes that ruin otherwise good looking uniforms. Sorry Denver, Arizona, Minnesota, Atlanta, etc.

I like Denver's striping, but I agree with the other ones you listed.

Easy.... manditory color contrast between pants and socks.

Wait... I just had a stroke of brilliance. I have to one up myself!

There should be a manditory color contrast between jerseys, pants, and socks (with maybe an exception made for white jerseys and pants). In one simple rule, this would elimanate BOTH the small-time high school looking monochrome uniforms, and the leotard pants/socks combos. Genius.

I'd eliminate custom number fonts. Very, very few of them actually enhance a team's look. Actually, the only one I can think of that looks nice is Jacksonville's old numerals.

Denver is probably the only team where the new Nike collar looks good. It perfectly compliments their "modern" jersey/pant stripe. I like it.

Denver is probably the only team where the new Nike collar looks good. It perfectly compliments their "modern" jersey/pant stripe. I like it.

As the season has gone on I've realized there are a couple teams I don't hate the nike collar on. The Broncos are one, but also the bengals and the vikings don't bug me near as much as all of the other teams. Also as the year has gone on the Texans giant collar grew on me to the point where I wish more teams had gone that route.

One thing I'd change on an NFL uniform? the triple stripe on the 49er uniforms. It just seems lazy at this point not to have it when we've seen uniforms include a design that size there.

Bengals - if I have to pick just one thing to fix out of that mess, I'd lose the white side panels on the black and orange jerseys. That uniform would get 9% better.

I'd love to see soccer-style color-vs-color rules in every sport, but barring that, I'd at least make the NHL white at home.