Thread color for lettering

zilch

I was wondering if in style guides guides do they list the actual thread colors(name/product number) used for the team lettering? I have seen a few that I assume is for embroidery (I guess that would be the same), unless the companies that do the lettering just use whatever they have close to match the twill?

Thanks guys as always HUGE help!!! I basically just need to know St. Louis Cardinals and Blues thread colors as far back as possible. Prior 1998 the Blues had that dark royal color.

I should clarify - all of the major leagues with the exception of the NHL provides this information. I have been able to find a few color sets for NHL teams that have more extensive color information, but it's been few and far between.

The MLB began providing Robison-Anton information in 2000, Madeira in 2004, and FuFu in 2007.

NFL - most of the thread info didn't come about until 2010.

NBA - 2001 for the most part.

MLS - don't know exactly, but I have a color specs sheet that includes thread information from 2011.

Usually, if one knows the Pantone colors, one can usually match to an appropriate thread.

So many of these official spec sheets have blatant mistakes in regards to thread or textile information...not a lot of QA goes into producing them.

Thanks guys as always HUGE help!!! I basically just need to know St. Louis Cardinals and Blues thread colors as far back as possible. Prior 1998 the Blues had that dark royal color.

Are you referring to that dark blue used first in the alternates, and then in the primary unis starting in 1999-2000?

It was darkened between the 1998-1999 and 1999-2000 seasons.

No not the navy blue. The royal that they used on the blue, gold, red jerseys was called St. Louis blue from Liebe it was darker royal. Maybe ColorWerx can confirm this for me

In terms of spot colors, it's the same color they're using now...fabrics may change from manufacturer to manufacturer, but for printing, it's been the same.

Ok, ya I have noticed that printing the same sorry I did mean fabric

I actually have the Pantone Textile equivalent for those uniforms - it was supposed to match this:

PTX_19-4050_TCX_SRGB.png

However, prior to 2007, cotton textile colors used the extension "TC".

Archived